PDA

View Full Version : Question about Taking of Zhar thread

Darth Turbogeek
Jan 13th, 2002, 06:23:40 AM
One question. I was just reading to evaluate what could be done for a backup and this occured to me. This was a TSE held planet, from my reading it seems TGE is already there? Your not suggesting you have already taken the planet? I'm sorry, but this makes no sense to me, please explain.

Master Yoghurt
Jan 13th, 2002, 06:31:54 AM
Yes, I was wondering the same thing

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 13th, 2002, 07:54:25 AM
Piett's post states he has a mobilized fleet that is prepared to take the planet. Piett, have you discussed this move with Viscera? An attack on the GJO could result in a void between the TGE/NR non-aggression pact.

Sean Piett
Jan 13th, 2002, 11:32:26 AM
I have gotten my orders from the Diktat himself. Zhar was a planet we were positioned to take in during the war, and from what I've heard, we will not take less than what we planned for before the war. Therefore, we cannot let anyone take and reinforce a planet we desire.

This attack is not directed at the Jedi. Alpha's is a fleet we have dealt with before. If you wish to look at it as a security issue, I'll ask the Diktat.

Darth Viscera
Jan 13th, 2002, 01:14:18 PM
Alpha moved to conquer the Zhar gas giant and its two moons. The thread read "open", so I authorized Piett to contest Alpha's claim of the planet. Neither sides hold Zhar or its moons at the moment, nor do we claim to.

We could use a good battle, anyhow.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 13th, 2002, 05:04:44 PM
Hold up. This is defying common sense.

The post STATES Piett is already there, with no hint of arrival. It appears he is the defending force and not TSE, which you would be thinking would be. This planet's status is still unknown to the Galaxy, as is the status of all TSE planets. All we would have seen IC so far is a hint that something is wrong.

Just because the thread is open, doesnt mean we defy common sense. It appears to me that TGE are already there, and know it's Alpha. This does not make sense nor does it seem logical.

Darth Viscera
Jan 13th, 2002, 08:35:05 PM
DT and I have worked it out over AIM.

Darth Viscera: (ach, cable modem is iffy today...anyways)
hey hey :-)
Darth Turbogeek: Hi
Darth Viscera: I must apologize for yesterday's post. TGE was rather hungry for a fight on the 12th
Darth Turbogeek: Errrr..... huh? What post do you need to apologise for?
Darth Viscera: Zhar.
Darth Turbogeek: Oh, that
Darth Viscera: will it solve things if I get Sean to edit saying that he arrives after alpha?
Darth Turbogeek: I actually dont have a problem with someone turning up, it was manner of it.
Darth Turbogeek: Jsut being there was quite wrong
Darth Viscera: I agree.
Darth Turbogeek: If he turned up after Alpha and made it look like he was not expecting him.... that's not arguable
Darth Viscera: we didn't mean to portray that the imperial navy was at zhar right from the start.
Darth Turbogeek: See above answer :-)
Darth Viscera: danke :-)

Sean Piett
Jan 13th, 2002, 10:10:10 PM
Well, there you have it. Everyone comes off a winner but Piett, who comes off as an idiot.>_<

Khan Surak
Jan 13th, 2002, 10:19:50 PM
Don't worry Piett, I'll always think of you as the..ah, tactical.. genius, that you are. Even though you probably don't know who I am. :D

Sean Piett
Jan 13th, 2002, 10:30:23 PM
I might not frequent Death Fleet anymore, but I know who you are :cool

Darth Viscera
Jan 13th, 2002, 10:32:07 PM
my bad Sean, I didn't mean to insult you. It's important to defuse these types of situations before they escalate into larger OOC arguments and stagnancy.

Telan Desaria
Jan 15th, 2002, 01:11:38 PM
Would one of you mind giving me a link to the Zhar thread, because I can't find it....

Telan Desaria

Alpha
Jan 15th, 2002, 02:07:11 PM
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11674

There it is.

Darth Viscera
Jan 15th, 2002, 02:41:41 PM
"rendevous"

Seth Darkserpent
Jan 15th, 2002, 04:04:54 PM
I think this thread is a perfect example that people can work things out if they talk about it. :)

Alpha
Jan 15th, 2002, 06:59:57 PM
A rarity around here Seth. :)

And yes, Visc, I figured out how to spell it...:)

Telan Desaria
Jan 16th, 2002, 01:16:59 PM
My mistake for being dense, but will Admiral Piett be attacking Jedit Knight Alpha and attepting to capture the Zhar system?

Is this action in this instance a presage to a war...

Fleet Admiral Telan Desaria

Darth Viscera
Jan 16th, 2002, 02:36:27 PM
My mistake for being dense, but will Admiral Piett be attacking Jedit Knight Alpha and attepting to capture the Zhar system?

Yes.

Darth Viscera
Jan 17th, 2002, 03:50:52 AM
Woah. Hold up, Alpha & company.

Last time I talked to Sean was on Sunday. He said at that time that he'd edit his post on Monday, and I think on Saturday he said he'd be able to post daily. Since it's Thursday now and no edit, events have probably turned up that have prevented him from posting.

In order to get this RP moving again, could we redo it so I could substitute "TGE Naval Officer" for Piett? I don't think that we can delete post 3, and place a reply into post 3, so I think starting a new topic, doing a little copying and pasting is an alternative.

Alpha
Jan 17th, 2002, 09:59:34 PM
Ok. So basically I just copy my first post, and then we change some things around to make it TGE Officer instead of Piett? Ok.

Darth Viscera
Jan 18th, 2002, 04:58:10 PM
Alpha? The next step is to start a new thread with copied text from your first post, and I'll reply. Can you start up the thread?

Alpha
Jan 18th, 2002, 07:51:33 PM
Sure. I'll start it in just a minute.

Sean Piett
Jan 18th, 2002, 09:18:54 PM
Sometimes, young 'uns like me get grounded.

Khan Surak
Jan 18th, 2002, 11:28:08 PM
So, this means the TGE-NR non-agression pact is kaput?

Alpha
Jan 18th, 2002, 11:34:30 PM
I sympathize Sean...

Sanis Prent
Jan 19th, 2002, 12:05:55 AM
If I interpret correctly, Dragon Fleet and the NR are not related.

Telan Desaria
Jan 19th, 2002, 10:50:23 AM
I believe Dragon Fleet and the NR are a s closely related as the Death bFleet and TSE

Fleet Admiral Telan Desaria

Darth Viscera
Jan 19th, 2002, 12:12:54 PM
The former Dragon fleet was captured like half a year ago from the New Republic. I believe it's many ships in 2nd Flotilla, Reserve Armada now.

Telan, you shouldn't assume that Alpha is attached to any one group, as a Commodore would be in the Imperial Navy. That boy's been in and out more times than Ron Jeremy.

Khan Surak
Jan 19th, 2002, 01:48:08 PM
Well, I'm supposing the old Zhar thread has been deleted, because I can't find it. Anyway, I was going to say that the NR was sending forces there from Arcan IV, and that would constitue agression in my book. And Telan, DF has been independent for a while now.

Alpha
Jan 19th, 2002, 04:08:26 PM
The DF is basically independent except when Satine, who is the only linking factor between the Fleet and NRSF (since he's in the Warrior class of Jedi Knight), assigns it to work with the NR fleets.

And Visc, I resemble that remark. :)

Khan Surak
Jan 19th, 2002, 05:16:04 PM
Ah, I see now. The pact is getting pushed to the limit kind of thing. I was confused for a second there Alpha because Death Fleet and Dragon Fleet both come out as DF. :)

Alpha
Jan 19th, 2002, 05:35:05 PM
lol. I didn't realize that till you pointed it out.

Moltar
Jan 20th, 2002, 03:43:38 AM
Non-agression pact.... Well, what fun I can have with that....