PDA

View Full Version : OW! Holy Frell! (Kessel)

Sanis Prent
Jan 12th, 2002, 11:17:46 AM
(...That generally sums up spilling hot coffee on my crotch. I stood, kicking the hell out of my desk until the pain subsided, cursing all the way. Now my designer slacks had a nice dark stain over the middle of them. Great. Explaining this one on the way back to my quarters would be fun. Any other time, I would've changed out immediately, except for the communique full of insider information from a well that until a few days ago...seemed dry.

Kessel.

To say that I knew a few people down there was an understatement. Before the planet had been occupied by the Sith Empire, I had a fair amount of business there. It was back when business was good, and the Hutts ran the spice planet. Being a runner, I got on closer terms with most of the people in charge of production. Of course they were as shifty as I was, but when you play the game, you're always gonna have those kinds of people. What I did know was that under the Sith Empire, their entire business operation was nationalized, and spice production plummeted. Not exactly something spice-barons enjoy. Now, with the Empire gone, I wonder if they even remembered how to play the market. Seeing how half the spice czars down there owed me at least a dozen favors, a plan began to brew in the back of my mind. If it worked, it might save my skin, and Saarrreeaa's for that matter. Even though Kessel was a dangerous place, it was a picnic compared to what we'd come across by taking out the Hutt guilds spice cache.

I stood up, running to my secretary.)

Janni, get Saarrreeaa here ASAP.

(I raised an eyebrow in response to her comical expression)

And stop looking at my package. Get me a new pair of pants.

Nichos Marr
Jan 12th, 2002, 06:49:07 PM
"I have no idea how to fix the stabalizers. You're the astromech droid, that's your job!" Nichos shouted over the intercomm system of his newly designed XJ X-wing fighter. Over the past month, he'd worked on doing enough oddjobs and convincing the right people. Before he knew it, the New Republic Military had been nice enough to supply him with a new X-wing. His old model had been completely destroyed during his vacation to Tatooine over half a year ago.

His astromech's response scrolled across the main console, Please give me a second, Nichos. It's rather chilly out here.

"Don't get wise with me, you tin can!" Nichos laughed at his half-joking response. Astromechs were built to survive the coldness of space and even hyperspace. Most droids, unless programmed otherwise, didn't feel temperature. There was the possibility that their joints could lock up under low temperatures, or melt under high temperatures. It was fortunate that the planet Nichos was headed to didn't have any temperatures that high. It also didn't have an atmosphere. He would be forced to wear a breath-mask and probably even a spacesuit. The idea didn't seem too appealing to him, but he didn't have much of a choice.

Alright, done. The droid responded, through the central computer.

"Any sooner, and we'd crash into the rocky plateau on our way down. On the other hand, I'm sure someone could assemble an electric razor-blade from whatever is left of you." Nichos smiled again. He liked to joke around with his astromech once in a while. It provided him with something to do.

I'm afraid I do not possess the proper components to assemble a razor-blade.

The young man shook his head silently, laughing at his droid's response. "It was a joke Artoo." He took the X-wing's yoke into his hand and pushed it forward slightly. The starfighter's nose tipped downward at a 35 degree angle. He began to prepare the systems for a smooth landing, if such was possible on this rocky terrain. He was landing his X-wing near the edges of the nearest habitable facilities.

Nichos Marr was on the barren world of Kessel. It was a prison planet, chalk full of spice mines and glitterstim spice. Recently, news came that the Sith Empire had evacuated the planet. Nichos found it hard to believe, but he was rather relieved when he emerged from hyperspace. There was no fleet waiting to destroy him, or anything like that. He'd seen a few turbolaser battery implacements on his way down, but none of them had opened fire.

I hope the prisoners are still down there... Nichos flipped a switch off to the side. The repulsor systems kicked in, and his X-wing stopped. Slowly but surely it descended a few feet until he felt a thump below him. Well, here I am. The Jedi reached behind his seat for his oxygen mask and the other equipment he'd brought along. The rest of his equipment was in a storage trunk on the outer shell of the X-wing.

He activated the oxygen mask, and strapped the tank to his back. Better start looking for non-hostile beings...Wait, this is Kessel...

Alpha
Jan 13th, 2002, 12:21:42 AM
A lone warship, Tolaria, drops out of hyperspace long enought o disgorge a lone black attack craft. A Pyro-GX Attack Craft, custom made by Dragon Fleet Manufacturing Division. Inside the cockpit, a lone pilot of the age of 18 sat at the control, his blonde hair pulled into a ponytail, and whose piercing blue eyes looked out to the planet in front of him, and then to the sensor screen as Tolaria jumps to hyperspace. He turns back to piloting, and heads to the planet, landing in the main landing pad, the ship settling with a hydraulic hiss.

The pilot pops the hatch, gathering up his wepaons, including--most curiously--a black lightsabre hilt, and jumps to the ground. He hits a button on his wrist comm, and the ship hums, two small turrets, one on the front and one on the back of the ship, ready to pick off anyone who comes to close. He pulls on a jacket emblazoned with the Dragon Fleet--Alpha's private fleet--logo, a dragon coming out of the flames. Putting his weapons on, the man flashes his identicard to the customs man, giving him a few credits.

"My name's Ty Leto. You never saw me. You never heard me."

The official doesn't seem to care, and just waves Ty through. Hitting his wrist comm again, he sends a message to anyone within range on a Jedi frequency.

"This is Ty Leto, a member of Satine Capashen's Elite Dragoons, a specialized force of Dragon Fleet. I was told I might be of some use around here. And Jedi or NRSF please respond to this frequency. Leto out."

Ty walks through the passageways of Kessel's main installation, looking around, and getting his bearings, waiting for a response...

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Jan 13th, 2002, 01:53:35 AM
Saarrreeaa looked past Sanis' secretary, and to the closed office door. "jYou sssajid, 'come asss sssoon asss posssjible.' jI am herrre. And Sssanjisss can't sssee me jyet?" She crossed her arms across her chest, frowning at the woman.

The hyuu-mann female adjusted some papers on her desk. "Mr. Prent...that is to say...he - Wait!" Saa strode past her and opened up the door, just in time to see Sanis pulling on a pair of pants.

She closed the office door behind her, and cleared her throat. "What jisss ssso jimporrrtant that jit cannot wajit untjil afterrr jyou got jyourrr pantsss on?" The habits of hyuu-manns still evaded her at times, but Saa didn't mind the little show she'd gotten. The Cizerack female stayed back by the door, waiting for Sanis to acknowledge her.

Nichos Marr
Jan 13th, 2002, 12:00:03 PM
"This is Ty Leto, a member of Satine Capashen's Elite Dragoons, a specialized force of Dragon Fleet. I was told I might be of some use around here. Any Jedi or NRSF please respond to this frequency. Leto out."

Nichos heard the voice over his comlink almost immediately after it had been sent. The young man tugged it off of his belt and thumbed the receiver. He was surprised that someone had contacted him on a solely Jedi channel. Marr had never heard of Ty Leto before, but he'd sure heard of Capashen. Slowly he brought the mouthpiece up to his mouth and began to speak into the comlink.

"Nichos Marr here enroute to the main administration building. Over."

The message was sent out to Ty Leto and whoever was waiting on the receiving end. No doubt the Kessel administrators, if there were any left, were listening in on the conversation. He refrained from using the word Jedi just for that purpose. Even though it wasn't hard to put two and two together. Nichos had his lightsaber concealed within the flightsuit, just incase they were watching him too. On his back hung an NR Sniper Rifle. Inside of his pouch, he carried four mini concussion grenades.

Uncertainly, he wafted toward a building wall. It was odd that he hadn't seen any life. He could have easily opened himself up to the Force, but that would notify any remaining Sith in the area. Nichos didn't want company at this time, especially Sith company. He reached for his comlink again and sent another transmission to Satine and his companions.

"Rendezvous just outside of the main administration bunker at planetary coordinates Oh-Nine-Four-Dee-Two." Nichos paused for a moment to confirm the coordinates. "Over."

He slouched down the side of the building and waited for someone or something to arrive. Perhaps he wouldn't have to wait too long to rendezvous with Satine's dragoons. Just incase this was all an elaborate trap to capture him, he held his rifle close at hand. It was much more elegant then an Imperial blaster rifle. The only problem was that it wasn't equipped with rapid fire.

And he waited...

Sanis Prent
Jan 13th, 2002, 03:00:52 PM
(I opened my mouth, as if in a half attempt to explain why I was putting on a second pair of khakis, but decided it was best left unsaid.)

Nevermind.

(I tossed her a datapad)

We've got a situation. The Sith Empire's had somewhat of a massive coup, and have vacated nearly every planet in their holding.

(Smiling, I continued)

Including Kessel.

You do know what this means?

Alpha
Jan 13th, 2002, 09:30:30 PM
Ty Leto was quick in coming, and Nichos saw the young man alone, and with his weapons all holstered.

"You're Nichos I take it? I'm Ty Leto, and if you were hoping for more in the way of help, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed. I'm the only one of the Dragoons here. The others are helping Satine at Zhar. So, what can I help ya with?"

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Jan 14th, 2002, 01:17:52 AM
"Kessssssel?" Of course she knew what that meant, and she was already adding up the numbers in her head. Saa looked at the datapad while making her way to a chair.

"What doesss Sssassssss thjink about thjisss 'coup'?" Saarrreeaa looked up at Prent, and frowned. "Ssshe hadn't mentjioned jit to me jyet...ssso arrre jyou gojing to prrresssent sssomethjing to herrr about jit?" Saa tossed the datapad to the desk. "Kessssssel. Frrrell." The sheer volume of the spice that would start flowing out of the doomed planet with its whisps of atmosphere was astonishing to think about.

Sanis Prent
Jan 14th, 2002, 01:54:54 AM
(She was thinking way too "in the loop" I smiled somewhat conspiratorily)

Sasseeri? Why bother her with such boring news?

(I slipped on my ionian spacer's overcoat, running my hands repeatedly through my hair)

I hope you don't have any plans this weekend. Its a pretty bad vacation spot, but I hear Kessel's got some sand, so might as well call it a trip to the beach.

(I picked up a comm)

Now, all we gotta do is tie up a loose end on Bothauwi.

(I pinged Aliya, and hoped that it was a decent hour on Bothauwi)

Aliya...this is Prent.

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Jan 14th, 2002, 02:10:25 AM
She picked up the datapad again, going over the information one more time. "jYou arrre rrrjight, jit jisss harrrdljy somethjing that could warrrrrrent herrr attentjion. Except that herrr attentjion majy verrrjy well be on jit alrrreadjy." Saa scrolled down on the datapad, and frowned a little while Sanis contacted Bothauwi.

"jIt sssoundsss ljike a good place to put jyourrr 'pjiece of the pjie.'" Saa tossed the datapad down again, doubts about Sasseeri crowding her mind. Her aunt had been away far too long, although trade conferences were taking up most of her time at the beginning of her business year. Contacts over and under the table were being made, paid, and foundations were undoubtedly being laid for her new year's plans. Sasseeri was not one to stand still and wait for people to come to her.

Saa made up her mind, stretched and yawned lazily. "Perrrhapsss a vacatjion would do me good."

Aliya Vahlshalynn
Jan 16th, 2002, 03:28:47 PM
3:30 AM Bothauwi time

The apartment room was dark as she slept soundly. She had been fortunate enough to be able to get that detestable alien to stay in an adjoining room, and thus she didn’t have to put up with the sight or smell of him and his disgusting alien habits. It had taken her an hour in the fresher washing his smell off herself from the trip to this place.

The deposit had been made per Sanis’ instructions and she was now simply awaiting further instruction, but she expected such instruction to actually come at a more convenient time. The comm. Unit on the nightstand started making a wretched sound signaling there was an incoming transmission. The sound was not normally so wretched, but at 3:30 AM any noise was not welcomed.

Hey eyes opened and her expression was one of weariness and annoyance. ”Who in their right mind would call at such an hour?” Was what ran through her mind as she pressed the receive button on the comm. unit.

“Yes what is it?!” Came her gruffy and half asleep sounding voice.

Sanis Prent
Jan 16th, 2002, 05:35:46 PM
(I didn't waste time with pleasantries...because I didn't have that kind of time to begin with.)

Aliya, I'm downloading two starship passes to you for an express hyperferry to Kessel...leaving in two hours. You and Cirrsseeto need to be on that flight. We'll meet you there. For now...void out that chit. We'll see you in five hours. Get some sleep on the flight, and get ready to work your charms when you touch down.

Prent out.

(I tapped out of the channel before she could protest in a groggy slur)

Nichos Marr
Jan 16th, 2002, 07:59:31 PM
Nichos nodded somberly in slight recognition of Ty Leto. He'd remembered seeing Ty back at the Jedi training academy, but only for a very limited short period. Alpha's dragoons were essentially tied in with the New Republic and the Jedi. They were given covert tasks and such that kept them busy all the time. The Jedi remembered when these dragoons received vacations. He remembered his short-lived vacation on Tatooine, and shuddered. The thought of living through that nightmare again didn't sound too appealing.

"Nothing special, I'm afraid." Nichos sighed and glanced at his chronometer.

The time was not a big factor on this mission, but it certainly was a factor. Nichos was to scout the area and report what he saw. Then he was to travel downward in hopes of New Republic slaves. He would have to do this quick, before a conquest-driven fleet arrived out of hyperspace. If one of the enemies found Nichos on Kessel, they would send him down below to work in the mines...That or lock him in a pod and deposit him near a black hole...

"I'm just here to scout the area. I was hoping for the New Republic forces to show up soon to liberate any slaves here that might belong to them. This is assuming that the Sith Empire left them down there."

Nichos had a funny feeling that the majority of the spice mining slaves were still alive. It was a great way to keep TSE's economy thriving, thus giving them more credits. Nichos knew more credits meant more black projects. Their sudden "mass exodus" was somewhat of a blessing. It made the future seem like somewhat of a brighter place.

"I'm sure I could use an extra two hands if Satine does not require you at Zhar." Nichos told Ty Leto. He took a moment to stretch out with his thoughts, but he was not experienced enough to feel anything from Zhar, Kile II or Gall. Those planets were light years away. Nichos specialized in mostly nature techniques. There wasn't that much nature on Kessel. In fact, there wasn't any nature on Kessel. The world was barren, bronze and seemed very much like a prison planet.

"Well...Would you be willing to help, Ty Leto?"

Alpha
Jan 16th, 2002, 11:01:38 PM
"Sure I'll help. I was sent here for that purpose by Satine. He shouldn't need me at Zhar. I mean, who else would want that out of the way system?"

Aliya Vahlshalynn
Jan 16th, 2002, 11:51:12 PM
“You frelling sonuva….” Her curses were cut short and probably not heard at all since the comm. channel was now dead. Not only did he wake her at this hour in the morning, but he expected her to void the chit and get herself and the alien off his world at no more than a moments notice. All at frelling 3:30 AM!

Still grumbling about no sleep and demanding employers, she picked up a nearby data-pad and in only a couple key strokes, the cred chit was voided. She got up, knocked on Cirr’s door to roust him, hollering through it that they had to leave in five minutes. She then proceeded to get dressed and gather the light baggage she had brought on this trip.

Three minutes later she was waiting in the hall for Cirr, the last creature in the universe she wanted to be sitting in a transport with again.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jan 17th, 2002, 12:04:44 AM
Cirrsseeto padded zombie-like out of his room. His clothes were thrown on as an afterthought, feet bare, and shoes in his hands. His ears were flopped low and his brown hair was messed and matted in a funny manner. Sleep was still heavy in his light blue eyes as he bumped against the door frame, his balance still not quite catching up with him.

He half-looked at Aliya as he yawned widely.

Wherrre arrre we gojing, Aljijya? jItsss too earrrljy...

Aliya Vahlshalynn
Jan 17th, 2002, 12:26:42 AM
Her hand immediately went up in front of her nose, waving the breath of the creature away, her face looked as if she had just gotten wind of the foulest smell she had ever experienced. Indeed it probably was the foulest stench she had ever smelt, having seen the kinds of things this thing ate.

“Don’t breathe on me!” She said sharply just before she started walking down the hall.

“Move along or be left here.” She said not facing his direction any longer, hoping he would choose the later of the two options.

Her voice was even fainter this time. “Kessel…….Sanis said Kessel.”

The trip to the hyperferry would take about an hour and a half, by standard transit, and she would have time to get something to eat there at the station that is, if she didn’t pass out and miss the stop on the transit vehicle. Cirr was right about it being too early. She shuddered as she thought about the alien being right about anything, and kept walking down the hall, one pissed off diplomat.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jan 17th, 2002, 01:55:47 AM
Still in a sleepy trance, the felinoid assumed "Kessel" was some stupid town a few miles away. He was too tired to care. Too tired to even be hungry. He just gathered his gear, and followed Aliya to the spaceport. This late at night, the line for the outbound flight was nonexistant, and Cirrsseeto shuffled onto the craft, plopping into a seat as Aliya did the same. Before Cirrsseeto realized what horrible thing he was about to ride...the big Cizerack fell asleep again.

Sanis Prent
Jan 17th, 2002, 03:16:24 AM
(I'd slapped together a rag-tag assortment of things for a several-day trip, stuffing them into the Layla as Saarrreeaa got ready to leave as well. Clamboring in, I waited till she got seated before lifting off...barely giving Coruscant control enough notice time. I punched it into ion drive, rocketing out of the planet's orbit, and setting coordinates for Kessel.

We'd be there in a few hours)

Sarin Vorran
Jan 17th, 2002, 01:20:08 PM
For many years, the Empire has sent its most hated criminals to Kessel, and for the duration of their sentances, they slaved away in the spice mines. The product of their labor: Glitterstim, an addictive spice that filled the agalaxy's yurning for drugs. When it fell into Sith hands, they had sent their criminals there, and now the Empire would continue the the purpose for which the otherwise lifeless rock existed on starcharts.

The Sith Empire had garrisoned the planet with, according to Imperial Intelligence, three regiments of troops, amounting to just over four thousand men. There was also a Level I gencore Shield that protected the remote, yet strategically vital planet, along with turbolasers and planetary ion cannon. But they should have all been destroyed with the evacuation of the world's former owners. While they may have settled the planet and tried to tame what could not have been tamed, their military value assigned to the planet was appropriate for the planet was valuable. And now, not only will the Empire control Bacta, but spice as well.

Rear Admiral Sarin Vorran, a man who had onced pledged his loyalties to the Imperial Remnant, had seen fit with the demise of that regime to switch alliegcnes and join with his commanding officer and come together with the Empire proper, which he left after the disasterous Battle of Calamari.
Now is the time for victory

The Transgressor, newest and largest of the Empire's Imperial class Star Destroyers, a Mark IV, lead the formation of Imperial warships from the Bastion Sector Fleet and made a protective ring around Kessel.

Rear Admiral Vorran stood behind his command chair, his hands clasped behind his back, eyeing the almost lifeless prison-colony. His flagship commander strode up the catwalk behind him. " Admiral, we're in blockade position now, sir. The Reserev deployment group has been turned about to protect our rear against flank attack. All other groups are in position to siege the planet and interdict."

" Excellent. Get the troops to the drop ships. Prepare the invasion army. Victory is now within the Empire's grasp. And mine..."

-Rear Admiral Sarin Vorran

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Jan 18th, 2002, 03:45:04 AM
Saa snarled as the ship took off, scrambling to fasten her saftey restraints as Sanis seemed ready to take on the Geocore again. "Hejy, watch jit!" He said nothing, already clearing Corscant's atmosphere and punching in coordinates to the nav computer.

She reached over and corrected a computation for him, fingers skipping over the buttons. "Ssso, what arrre we gojing to be dojing, exactljy, on thjisss 'vacatjion'?" Saa wrinkled her brow, "jI hjighljy doubt whateverrr rrrjiff-rrraff the Sjith Empjirrre left behjind arrre gojing to let usss sssimpljy waltz jinto the facjilljitjiesss..."

Sarin Vorran
Jan 18th, 2002, 08:59:09 AM
OOC-I made a mistake, Sanis. I posted my reply before I checked the GMA site. Please forgive me. I am withdrawing.

IC/

Admiral Vorran sat upon the bridge of the Transgressor, watching the actions of his crew and looking down at what he felt was the cold world of Kessel. His crew had performed excellently, but orders were orders...

The wording or the directive still played before his eyes: You are to withdraw immediately from the Kessel System. Take Task Force Ariset to the edge of the System and wait there for further instructions. If you are needed, you shall be called upon.

Rear Admiral Vorran had made it to his current rank be defying orders, especially those from the Diktat. So it was to the edge of Kessel he would go. “ Captain Netieri. Bring all ships back into formation. We are leaving. Coordinates have already been placed into the navicomputer.”

“ Aye sir.”

Vorran took one last look at Kessel. “ Take us out...”

Sanis Prent
Jan 18th, 2002, 03:30:58 PM
OOC: No prob

IC:

(Saa was quickly learning her way around the cockpit. I'd missed a trajectory mark, and she'd spotted it. Not bad at all. She was catching on quickly)

Well, those "riff-raff" are my kind of people. Before the Sith Empire came along, I had a lot of business with them, and got to know alot about how things on Kessel are played. And if there's one thing I know...people there can be bought.

That 30 million we took for our "other" plan will do just nicely here. You can buy Kessel if you buy the right people.

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Jan 19th, 2002, 05:43:45 AM
She waited on her reply until after the jump to hyperspace, loosening her restraints and kicking off her shoes. "jIt would be a sssound jinvessstment. jIf the people could be trrrusssted."

Saa narrowed her eyes in thought, the swirls of hyperspace drifting in front of the viewscreen. People who could be bought, could also be bought again for a higher price. It was the problem with mercs and such...they were always looking for a bigger paycheck. Fanatically loyal as long as you were the best choice, but if a stronger hand came along, they'd jump ship faster than fleas off ...well off of Cirr.

Although he hadn't had fleas in such a very long time. She pouted her lips a little unconsciously, thinking about her manservant. Sanis was bringing him and that woman to Kessel as well. And the chit had been canceled.

The Cizerack female ran a hand through her hair. "jI have mjisssgjivjingsss about thjisss. jIt jisss an arrrea jin whjich jI have ljittle experjience." Saa exhaled slowly, "jI wjill trrrussst jyou jin thjisss, Sssanjisss. jI wjill need jyourrr rrreasssonsss for changjing the plan wjithout consssultjing me, howeverrr." There was an edge to her tone, and Saa turned to face him in her chair.

Nichos Marr
Jan 19th, 2002, 03:09:39 PM
"You'd be surprised, Ty." Nichos said in response to Ty's question. "Zhar is a rather widely known place these days. I heard somewhere that the Empire wants almost every planet that the Sith Empire gave up. I just hope the Force will be with Satine."

Nichos bent down and reached into a lower compartment of his suit. He pulled out a medium-sized blaster and examined it closely. The gun was nothing special, but it would be easier than lugging a lightsaber around and attracting suspicion to himself. Everyone wore a blaster these days, including Imperials, smugglers and vagabonds. After the Jedi Knight was sure that his blaster was powered up and ready, he turned to meet Ty again.

"If you have a blaster, it will come in handy right about now...I'm sure this place is crawling with TSE loyalists."

As soon as he'd said that, Nichos heard the sound of ruffling against the bronze sanded ground. He turned around quickly, blaster in hand. The end of a blaster barrel greeted his suit's headpiece. Nichos peered past the barrel and noted the presence of two soldiers. These soldiers were obviously leftovers from the Sith Empire's mass exodus. They had some insane notion that their presence was still required on Kessel. They were fanatically loyal to the Sith Empire, this much could be detected.

"Who are you? What is your business on Kessel?" One of the soldiers growled at Nichos. The other pointed his blaster rifle at Ty Leto.

"Well..." Nichos began, thinking of what to say. He was never good in these kind of situations. Having a gun to his head only made matters worse.

"Answer!" The other soldier began. "This is Sith Empire space, you have no business here. Drop your weapon. You are under arrest for tresspassing."

"I'm just a spice freighter captain..." Nichos peered into the depths of these soldiers' minds. He could feel weakness within both of them. They were scared of failing their oppressors and masters, the Sith. Nichos thought about killing them, but he knew it would not be right of him to do so. The Jedi way was to preserve life at all costs. Even though these men served evil, who was Nichos to end their life? Their lives were in the hands of the Force, not his hands.

"A spice freighter captain?" Both of them asked, in unison.

"Yes. I am on an assignment to deliver spice to the Hutts." Nichos opened himself to the Force, and made his will intent. "Put down your guns, please." Both soldiers obeyed him and put their guns on the ground. They looked dazed behind their oxygen masks, confusion could be detected in their faces as well. "Now, you will leave us. I suggest you leave the planet...A huge enemy fleet is coming to take this planet. They will kill you both if you don't escape. Go back to your families."

"We will go before the fleet comes...Back to our...families." Both of the soldiers left. Nichos frowned at having to lie about the fleet, but it certainly felt better than killing them. He put his blaster away and picked up both the rifles. Nichos tossed one to Ty Leto and nodded under his suit.

"I don't think we can do that to every soldier we meet. There might be times when we are forced to shoot back." He set the gun's settings to stun. "Let's head that way..." Nichos pointed to a small building that led into the main administration building. In the administration building they would be able to pull up datafiles on all the prisoners.

"Let's go."

Alpha
Jan 19th, 2002, 03:55:09 PM
Ty whistles as the soliders leave. "Nice trick, that...I heard Jedi could do that, but haven't seen it in action..."

Ty catches the rifle, and sets it to stun also, following Nichos, content to take following position this time.

Sanis Prent
Jan 21st, 2002, 09:51:37 PM
A chance to make over twice as much money, with less than half the risk.

(I glanced to her, smiling)

Yeah...I guess in hindsight I could've talked this out, but right now, this is one of those limited-time offers. If we don't get in on the ground floor of this power vacuum, then our options are really tied up.

(I shrugged, as Layla came out of hyperspace. I set her on a landing trajectory)

Besides...you trust me, right? And I, well...okay, you can't trust these guys at all. But I never did, and look at me now, eh?

(Another reassuring smile, as Layla touched down on the planet's surface. I hopped up, stretching as I reached into a storage bin. I pulled out two small rebreather masks, tossing one to Saa)

You'll need that, Saa. Atmosphere's thinner than Palpatine's hairline. Just hang tight, watch for trouble, and follow my lead.

(I paused, scratching at my chin. Turning around, I tossed her my derringer)

Tuck that away, just in case.

(I lowered the gangplank, and exited Layla, slapping on my rebreather mask. The spaceport hub was a quarter mile from the landing pad. Fortunately, the low gravity made it a walk in the park)

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Jan 22nd, 2002, 03:47:57 AM
Saarrreeaa strapped the unattractive rebreather mask to her face, and stuck the derringer in the back of her pants underneath her jacket. As soon as she stepped out of the frieghter the cold hit her, and she gasped behind the mask.

From their landing approach, she had seen the wisps of atmosphere trailing off of the doomed planet. It was an awesome sight. The colors of the Maw on one side, and Kessel with its garrision moon, now largely abandoned, with the white trail of atmosphere escaping the planet. The gravitational pull of the Maw was steadily making things worse for the dysfunctional system, yet Kessel had several hundred years before it was crushed inside the cluster of immense black holes.

"The Kessel Run" was dangerous in many respects, and not just because one was hauling illegal spice. To shave parsecs off their runs, smugglers dared to plot courses closer and closer to the Maw itself, successfully avoiding Imperial pickets. Of course, in more recent history, spice traffic had all but dwindled down to nothing. The Sith Empire had strictly controlled the output of spice from Kessel.

But all that had changed.

Saa blinked, coming away from the history lesson in her head, and jogged after Sanis. The low gravity made it easy to run, and she soon caught up to him. "jIsss Cjirrr meetjing usss at the spaceporrrt then?"

Seyxer Kose
Jan 22nd, 2002, 04:18:16 AM
ACCOUNT NAME: Mr. S. Kose

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 8003261336330

ACCOUNT TYPE: Crd-Mkt

DEPOSIT OR WITHDRAW? W

CHOOSE ONE:
1. FUND CREDIT SLIP
2. REROUT FUNDS INTO OTHER PORTFOLIO ACCOUNT
3. ACH WIRE TO OUTSIDE CREDITHOLDER 3

ENTER PIN: ******

ENTER DESTINATION ACCOUNT TO CREDIT: 8003253288932

ENTER TRANSFER AMOUNT: 30,000,000.00

ARE YOU SURE YOU WISH TO TRANSFER THE ABOVE AMOUNT TO "Sanis T. Prent"? Y

THANK YOU FOR BANKING AT FIRST IMPERIAL OF CORUSCANT, MISTER KOSE. HAVE A NICE DAY_

Aliya Vahlshalynn
Jan 25th, 2002, 01:25:53 AM
The flight to Kessel was uneventful and not one to remember, mainly because the entire trip was slept through. Such a fact also made having to be near the alien that much easier, out of sight out of mind.

The trip came to an end and the movement of the few other passengers woke her up. She looked around trying to shake off the fact that she had just roused from slumber. Her eyes fell on Cirrsseeto and it came back to her in a hurry as she scowled at his grotesque appearance. Sanis had asked her to come to Kessel and they had arrived.

Cirr was still sleeping and there was no way she was going to lay a hand on him to try and wake him.

“WE ARE HERE! LETS GO!” She said quite sternly and loudly to him

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jan 25th, 2002, 02:03:56 AM
Cirrsseeto's blue eyes cracked open slightly as he sat up, issuing forth a mighty yawn past his elongated canines. His ears hung very low, almost drooping against the sides of his head, as he shambled to his feet, walking half-asleep to the spaceport with Aliya. On the bright side, this would probably be over soon, and he wouldn't have to put up with her bossy attitude.

Sanis Prent
Jan 28th, 2002, 02:29:20 AM
(The spaceport was spartan, bland, and utilitarian. Utterly drab. Of course, being in the armpit of the galaxy and having absolutely no saving grace in tourism did that to a hunk of rock like Kessel. At any rate, it had four walls, ceiling, doors, and an atmosphere, which made it a good place to be. I walked inside, snagging a holomag from a vendor, reading up on local news. Apparently, the Sith Empire leaving had caused everything to stand on its head. Nobody was getting paid. Nobody. Military, spicers, etc. The mines had shut down, and confusion was heavy in the air.

I arched my eyebrow, looking back at Saa.)

I think we can do this...

(Just then, a pair of worn-out passengers disembarked from an arriving craft. One was a human female, and one was a very large, and very sleepy Cizerack. The pair made a very funny looking couple. I turned back to Saa again.)

Well, they made it on time, and in one piece.

(We walked over to meet them)

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Jan 28th, 2002, 03:28:07 AM
Saa caught sight of Cirr, and her body went into overdrive. He looked as delicious as always, and so very, very...

..tired? She berated herself for leaving him on his own for so long. Prent didn't understand anything about being male. Cirr needed her to take care of him. Just as she needed him to take care of her...although in a different capacity, to be sure.

As they drew nearer she could tell that the woman with him did not like him from the look on her face. Saa narrowed her eyes at the female, and nestled herself under Cirr's arm, as the sleepy male's eyes opened in recognition. She tightened her arms around him, strong enough to break a human's ribcage. "jI have mjissssssed jyou."

Saa pulled away from him, and fixed him with her eyes. "jI trrrussst jyou have behaved jyourrrssself, Cjirrrrrr."

Aliya Vahlshalynn
Jan 28th, 2002, 10:38:03 PM
At last, Cirr was finally more than just a couple feet away from her. The scent in the air seemed to clear her senses and her face lightened just a little from the tired scowl she was wearing. But then she saw why he had moved further away, it was another of those aliens, another smelly Cizerack. She shuddered and tried to focus her attention on Sanis.

“I am here now, whats next?”

Her not having a good night’s rest was making her even more irritable and now finding out that she was going to have to be working around two of those disgusting aliens was not helping her outlook on this particular day at all. She looked at Sanis impatiently, hoping his answer would include her not having to spend more time around the two felinoids.

Sanis Prent
Jan 29th, 2002, 04:24:53 AM
Coffee?

(I moved to a small kiosk, grabbing four steaming cups, and handing one to each person around. Aliya seemed genuinely thankful for such a pick-me-up, althoug Cirrsseeto and Saarrreeaa just looked at theirs curiously. I shrugged. Can't please em all.

Taking a few sips to get my energy going, I popped my neck, breathing in deeply to energize myself.)

Okay...

Aliya, I made advance reservations at the Pont De'leur. Its the finest hotel on Kessel, which means its essentially an econo deal. But its got a soft bed, and a continental breakfast, and you look like you could use some sleep. Besides, I won't be needing your services till tonight. Meet me at the Manda Casino at a quarter till six.

(I glanced to Cirrsseeto)

Um...I got a nice futon on the Layla. Don't pee on it or anything.

(I then looked to Saa)

We're gonna sit tight, at least for a few minutes. A guy I know is sending a cab down. He's one of my spice contacts from wayback, and I'm gonna pinch a few favors, and grease him with some credits. After that...we'll see where the party takes us.

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Jan 30th, 2002, 01:47:17 AM
Saa gave Cirrseeto's backside a squeeze as he started off towards the futon on the Layla. She turned to Sanis as soon as the hyuu-mann female was gone, and put her hands on her hips.

She couldn't think of anything to say, except to repeat: "Sssee wherrre the parrrtjy takesss usss..." It didn't sound like a lot of fun.

Nichos Marr
Jan 30th, 2002, 11:02:16 AM
There hadn't been much resistance as they approached the building. Nichos found no need to mask them in the Force, nor was he that skilled. Completely masking one's presence in the Force was nothing like the old holodramas where someone would disappear from sight. It was more like this: Every time someone who was not trained in the ways of the Force spotted them, would see nothing out of the ordinary. It was somewhat of an old Jedi spell, but it would be useful right now, if Nichos Marr knew how to do it.

"Hang close to the walls, Ty. There are still guards here, I can feel them." Nichos commented with a very small whisper.

He continued to trek his way through the area, toward their goal. It was a small building that connected into the main building. Surely they would meet resistance there, but Nichos wouldn't be too surprised if they didn't. After all, TSE had left this place to rot and the guards probably followed. Nichos opened himself to the Force and allowed his senses to flow. Not too far into the distance he felt a familiar presence, but he couldn't peg this presence with a name. He pushed his senses out toward the building and...

...Was forced to roll forward to avoid a laser beam in the chest. The place where he had been was a wall of a cargo building that he and Ty had been using for cover. The shrapnel from the shot blasted forward, but did nothing to pierce Nichos' suit. He turned his head to look at his attackers. Four Sith Empire guards were running their way, blaster rifles in hand. It looked as if one of them was calling for backup. This is not good. Nichos grimaced as he worked out a plan in his mind. Before he rose up his blaster to return fire, the Jedi realized Ty was already shooting back. He'd gunned down one, but now the other three were shooting in full force.

Nichos rolled again, using Force atoned reflexes save himself. He began to return fire, aiming for the legs. When he found that didn't work very well, Nichos Marr began to shoot the guards in the chest. It was impossible to stun one that far away. But now they were only five meters from Nichos and Ty. The Jedi grabbed Ty and ducked into the hole of the cargo building. He poked his head out and took one down. There remained two more, and they weren't slowing down.

"Ty, are you ready?" He asked. The dragoon simply nodded. "You take left, I take right. On my count...one...two...three!"

Alpha
Jan 30th, 2002, 09:02:06 PM
Ty smiles, and jumps out of their cover, aiming for the guards. He presses the trigger, using one of the most effective crowd control tricks with a blaster. Spraying the entire area with bolts. The blue bolts form his blaster rifle go so rapidly that is begins to look as if it was one continuous bolt that just split off. Just before the last guard falls, Ty sees a scarlet laser bolt from one of the guards, and dodges. The bolt almost misses, but grazes the Dragoon's left amr--luckily not his weapon hand.

Smiling, Ty looks around. Even Sidar, Ty's weapon's instructor couldn't do better.

"So, that was a fun bit of excercise. I even got a little sovenir (sp?). So, lead on!"

Ty smiles, popping the expended power pack from his weapon and switching it out on the run.

Aliya Vahlshalynn
Feb 1st, 2002, 11:04:38 AM
All she heard was a room at the best hotel on Kessel, soft bed and free breakfast. It was the least that Sanis could do. This mission on Kessel better be worth the aggravation.

She finished off the coffee, the caffeine starting to kick in. Aliya's weariness was abated long enough so she could get the hotel.

"I'll be there at 5:30pm then. I like being early."

Aliya wished him a goodnight, ignoring the Cizeracks, and caught a shuttle to the hotel. Everything was arranged as Sanis promised. She was too tired to shower so she set her alarm and slipped into her night clothes. Aliya crawled into bed and when her head hit the pillow, was quickly off to sleep.

Sanis Prent
Feb 8th, 2002, 10:27:01 PM
(Moments later, a hovercab pulled up to the spaceport lobby. Waving the others off, I hopped in with Saa. There was another man already inside)

Prent...welcome back to Kessel. I thought the next time we'd see your distinguished face, it would be mailed back here in a casket. No hard feelings, but not everybody you do runs for wants you as their middle-man.

(The man smiled)

But I guess I'm one of the nice guys...heh.

(Van Janer. Slick, well-groomed socialite. Hardly what one would expect of a Kessel resident, only that Janer was Kessel...to a degree. He ran the miner's union, if it could be called that. An association of strong-arms that kept the working class from getting out of hand. During the TSE occupation, he facilitated Kessel's production output, keeping it profitable. He was a weasel, but a smart one. He'd obviously graduated from weasel-in-training, the last time I'd seen him. I nodded to Saa)

Saa, this is a friend of mine, Van Janer. Van...this is my business partner, Saarreeaa Meorrrei.

(Janer arched an eyebrow, tapping his briefcase as he opened it.)

Prent...what's this about an offer? I don't recall putting Kessel up for sale, but from your message, it seemed you thought it was.

(I smiled, handing Janer a credit chit...one denoted for 30 million)

Market Economics, Van. You mean to tell me that since TSE withdrew...you've been operating under any kind of decent quota?

(Janer paused, his face becoming grim)

I'd be lying if I said so. Its guns and butter. Without TSE guns, we can't keep the butter cranking. The miners are leaving...either on their own accord, or being "rescued" by charitable Jedi or New Republic. So...our profit margin has dwindled to about 2 percent of normal output.

(Janer bit his lip)

Given maintenance costs...we'll go belly-up here in a year.

At that point...Kessel's really up for grabs.

(I smiled, nodding. I took the chit back, holding it up)

Now...what if I told you that with a little monetary push, I could double the old TSE outputs?

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Feb 9th, 2002, 03:00:35 AM
Saa sat silently, letting her "partner" work his magic. She found it difficult not to jump in (figures were running through her head like sugarplums), but she did not want to confuse the issue further.

This Janer hyuu-mann knew Sanis, and they had a rapport going. Saa sat back and decided to enjoy the ride. However, she would be watching closely. If it appeared that Sanis would endanger their money in a foolish investment, she would eat his heart.

Literally.

Sanis Prent
Feb 9th, 2002, 04:16:44 AM
I'd say you were out of you rmind...but I'd also like to see what you've got in mind.

(I watched Janer's facial expressions. He was obviously relieved to see the credits in my hand. Things must really be bad here. I couldn't have come at a better time then, because while 30 million was alot of money, I'd have to stretch it thin in places to make this work.)

Lets just say that I've got a novel solution. But if we run with this, I want half of Kessel's shareholdings and assets signed over to Saa and myself.

(Janer thought it over long and hard)

Alright. 50% of assets. If you get us at 200% operation capacity, that will keep my take the same.

(My smile grew)

And you'll cut down on expenses too. Namely supporting all those miners. If I told you that you'd only need maybe five percent of the staff you have now, that would sweeten the deal. You could fold the saved money back into assets earned. More money, less expenses. Its a win-win deal, Van.

(I gave the man a cigar, lighting it for him. Looking back to Saa, I smiled)

Nichos Marr
Feb 9th, 2002, 12:01:53 PM
The remaining guards on the planet had been alerted of unwanted presence in the Administration area. It would be extremely difficult for Ty and Nichos to reach the small building at this point. A new strategy had to be formed and yet there was barely any time to form it. Nichos Marr reached out with the Force to calm his jumbled thoughts, but it didn't seem to work at first try. He rose the blaster rifle into the air and glanced quickly at the power charge. It seemed to be half depleted, not a good sign if he was going to face a slew of enemies.

"Ty, either we play hide and seek with these people...Or we can escape and come back later." The former would be extremely dangerous, considering they didn't know what kind of resources or how much of the enemy remained. The latter was almost as dangerous, since they had made their way into the middle of military territory. It would be near impossible to escape this place at this point without attracting attention.

But are we going to hide, or seek? The Jedi lead the way into an abandoned cargo building. It was filled with leftover boxes and a few stairwells here and there. Ty stopped in sequence with Nichos, allowing both to catch their breath. The Jedi reached out with his senses, but could not feel anyone inside of the building. They seemed to be the only two here, but that probably wouldn't last for long. Quickly, Nichos motioned to one of the stairwells and clattered up the steps. Ty was quick to follow, keeping an eye out for unwanted presence. The stairwell led to a catwalk that rounded the whole building.

"It looks like we won't get the luxury of choosing between stun and death. The stun charges take up much more energy then the regular beams. These guys are risking their lives by coming after us and they know it. Force help me, I sympathize for their families, but they had their chance to escape." Nichos brushed his hand across the rifle and set the charges to kill. "This is not the best choice I have ever made and I'm sure that we'll both regret taking life." Nichos frowned and waited atop the catwalk. "In the old times of the Republic, the Jedi fought the Sith warriors and slaves to protect their land. We're fighting to liberate this land and its prisoners that do not deserve to be here."

The Jedi glanced over at Ty who seemed confused at this as well. It was not a Jedi's place to take life, but these men had to atone for their evil deeds sooner or later. Nichos took comfort in the fact that he was not killing out of anger or for his own selfish purposes. He wished with all his heart that these soldiers would not take up arms against them. He clenched his fist into a free hand and unclenched it in sequence. The bones inside seemed to be hurting.

"I will use my powers to sense for any hostile lifeforms outside of this building. Some might feel that its a good idea to set up charges and blow this place with us inside. Keep watch on the main doors."

Nichos sighed to himself, wishing life would be easier. He wondered why it was so simple for X-wing pilots to shoot the Imperial TIEs down. Perhaps it was because they never really had to shoot that person, face to face.

Alpha
Feb 9th, 2002, 10:13:59 PM
Ty nods, and settles down to watch the main entrance, one hand keeping with his rifle, the other going to a small throwing knife at his wrist.

He wasn't a Jedi, but he still had the same duties of them. To protect the innocent, and help defend the weak. He might not have the Force, but he still had honor and morality. Even though he thought this was wrong, Ty was used to this, as he was a Drgoon. He had fought and killed on this kind of personal level before, and, though he didn't like it, he was used to it by now. Five years of the Drgoons would do that to people...

Sanis Prent
Feb 13th, 2002, 10:49:43 AM
(A sound from a nearby building got my attention)

Was that blaster fire?

(Van strained to hear, and nodded)

Yeah...I think its coming from Depot 7.

(He tapped the driver on the shoulder)

Stop the speeder.

(The craft whined to a halt, and Van hopped out, followed closely by me. I turned as I slipped my breather on, and glanced at Saa.)

Hey...lets go.

(Pulling one of my corellian handblasters out, I took up point, as we went in the side entrance.)

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Feb 14th, 2002, 03:28:38 AM
Saa clamped the mask back to her face, and followed Sanis out of the speeder as the males decided to head towards the sound of blasters being fired. Grrreat. While she could easily tear the two people in front of her limb from limb if need be, Saa had never faced blaster fire before, and she was nervous.

She remembered the derringer in the waistband of her pants, but left it there, hanging back a bit from Sanis and Van. "jIsss thjisss a good jidea?" Saa hissed up at Sanis' back.

Sanis Prent
Feb 14th, 2002, 10:45:36 PM
(I responded to her query with a finger raised, held back and in front of her face. I didn't have time to get into an argument. Shuffling low behind some equipment, I glanced to Van)

Aren't those TSE flunkies on our side?

(Van made a face)

Yeah, if you pay em. Now? Who knows. Still no idea who they're firing at. Whoever they are, they're dug in behind some thick cover.

Yeah, thats for sure.

(I tightened my grip on my gun.)

I got an idea...

(With an edgy grin on my face, I rose from behind the mining equipment I used for cover, spreading my arms wide)

Whoa guys! Hold it! We'll take it from here...

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Feb 15th, 2002, 04:28:30 AM
Saa crouched down behind the equipment, and peeked over, tracking the soldiers with her blue eyes. Hunting instincts calmed her initial fears, and she thought about sneaking around to where the troopers were aiming, and seeing what was there.

She was just about to suggest it to Sanis, when he stood up and stepped out, drawing the troopers' attention towards himself. Saa's eyes widened, and she took a deep breath, waiting for what was to happen next.

Sanis Prent
Feb 20th, 2002, 07:17:41 PM
(Suddenly, the firing stopped. Unfortunately for me, the click of a few dozen blaster interlocks sounded in my ears, as everybody focused their attention on me. For a minute, I just stood there, swallowing and wondering if I was really smart, or equally as stupid. Finally, a gruff-voiced Sith Empire soldier spoke above the din of machine parts)

Who the hell are you?

(I looked around. That was a good question. I looked back at Saa and Van, and back again at the troops.)

Didn't you get that memo? I'm Sanis Prent...uh...the new Baron Administrator of Kessel!

(I put on my best smile, and behind me, heard Van curse under his breath)

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Feb 25th, 2002, 04:27:39 AM
Saarrreeaa remained where she was, ready to fight or flee. A dozen curses rambled through her head languidly as her heart almost stopped beating at Sanis' words. Barrron Admjinjissstrrratorrr? That'sss on parrr wjith Lando Calrrrjissssssjian'sss vaunted tjitlesss.

She tucked the derringer back into the waistband of her pants as Van rattled off a whispered string of curse words beside her.

Nichos Marr
Feb 26th, 2002, 04:25:58 PM
The Force has a funny way of working.

Nichos dropped the blaster from his shooting position in recognition of the new visitors. Ty Leto followed in suit, also pointing his blaster the other way. The fight had seemed to stop now that the soldiers were informed of the situation on Kessel. Supposedly, the distinguishable male informed them that he was the new administrator for all of Kessel's operations. This comment brought a smile to Nichos' face, as he wondered if the Force was really behind all of this. Nichos should've suspected to see this man here. He probably started packing for this place the moment he heard TSE flew the coup.

The man was none other than Sanis Prent, accompanied by a Cizerack woman and another man. Nichos had dealt with Sanis himself, what seemed like ages ago. Since that time, he saw the man a few times at Master Yoghurt's Bar and Grill. Prent was known, and quite infamous for his jack of all trades personality. Prent was the kind of guy who'd find a wallet on the floor and pocket it, rather than turn it in. He wasn't necessarily an evil pirate, even though he could play the part if he wanted to. Just like most others, Prent had his set of principles and morals that he believed in.

"Mr. Sanis Prent." Nichos called from the catwalk in the higher level of the depot. Everyone shifted their gaze upward at the sudden voice coming from above. "Why am I not surprised to find you here? I should've known you would be on the first flight to Kessel after the Sith Empire made themselves scarce. I see they left a few things behind." Nichos' gave averted to the TSE militia men that now "belonged" to Prent Enterprises, in a manner of speaking.

"Ty, I know this man. He's not exactly what you'd call a Sith, but watch your back at all costs. Literally." Nichos whispered to the man beside of him.

Nichos Marr was no stranger to the stories of Prent's doublecross here and there. Sanis was a reliable fellow, if the credits were right. He probably had no reservations on killing former clients if all the credits were in place. It wasn't very often that Nichos encountered men like this, but he remembered knowing one or two during his teenage years on Rodia. Unlike most believed, he couldn't and wouldn't use the Force to peer into this man's mind. All that Nichos could do was sense his emotions, and that could be misinterpreted quite a lot. He brushed his arm across the inside of his suit, just to make sure his lightsaber was there.

"So Sanis, I've only been here for a matter of hours. You must've planted the Prent flag on this planet rather quickly." Nichos looked around him, realizing the difficulty of speaking back and forth at this height.

He glanced back at Ty, giving him a look that said 'Be careful and watch those soldiers.' He could only hope that the elite Dragoon was well versed in body and face language.

"Am I allowed to come down from here, or will I be met with blasterfire?" He asked, half-mockingly. "There are some things I'd like to discuss with you."

Alpha
Feb 26th, 2002, 07:02:05 PM
Ty nods, and puts the rifle across his back, by means of its shoulder strap, and keeps his hands out in the open, but ready to activate either of the spring loaded weapons on either wrist.

"So, that's Sanis, huh? I always expected him to be taller..."

Sanis Prent
Mar 4th, 2002, 03:56:36 PM
(I glanced at the two men. One, I'd never met before. The other was a Jedi by the name of Nichos Marr...whom I had worked for a while back. I nodded to both men, and turned to the cadre of guards)

At ease, gents...these men are here on official business.

(There was some grumbling amongst them, and Sanis glanced back at Van. The slick businessman began to think what to do, eventually stepping out into the forefront)

Mister Prent's come as an executive consultant. He promises to increase your salaries by 25 percent.

(I smiled, as Van covered my game plan. That money would be put to good use here as well. All I had to do was watch how much was spent, and where. I nodded to Saa, hoping she was keeping a mental tab on it all. As the guards lowered their weapons, I smiled)

Great...good stuff. Guards, why don't you spread the word, and relax a little. We're gonna have a few changes around here.

(The guards glanced at each other, and reluctantly departed, leaving the Jedi, Saa, myself, and Van in the depot. I turned to Nichos)

Welcome to Kessel. Sorry about the bad reception, but we're...renovating.

Is there anything I can do for you?

(I nodded to Van, as we all walked back to the hovercar outside)

Nichos Marr
Mar 5th, 2002, 01:37:08 PM
Nichos watched as the guards left the building on Sanis' command. His heart beats became a bit slower and well-preportioned. He knew there would be no more gun-fighting today...hopefully. Nichos put the blaster on the catwalk floor, leaving it there to rest. If the guards or anyone else wanted it, they could pick it up later.

Silently he leaned over to Ty, "Yeah well expect more from Sanis Prent. This man can be as dangerous as a full trained Sith if he wants to."

Both of them slowly headed off to the stairwell that would lead to the main level of the depot. Boots clanking on the hard metal floor as they descended in suit. Nichos wearily eyed the Cizerack female, wondering what her occupation was. Females were the dominants in the Cizerack race, so she was obviously not a bodyguard of any sort. He ventured a guess at her being a business associate. The claws on her hands caught his eye almost instantly. I'd hate to be in her bad books...

When Nichos and Ty reached the bottom of the stairwell, they crossed the short distance between them and the others. Sanis hadn't changed much since Nichos last saw him at the Bar and Grill. He still had that same look about him, and probably the same attitude as well. The word business seemed to interest him more then any other word in basic, Huttese or whatever else he spoke.

"Actually, there is something you can do for me." Nichos said, allowing confidence and intelligence to fill his voice. "It is my understanding that you're the new administrator on Kessel. How you ever managed that, I probably won't ever know. But...I also came here with business to deal with."

Nichos glanced over at Ty. "My friend here," He motioned to Ty Leto, "is Ty Leto." Nichos said no more. He would allow Ty to identify his own occupation. Either the man would reveal that he was a dragoon or he would say something else.

"We were sent to free any allies that might be working in the spice mines, down there." Nichos allowed his foot to dig a bit into the ground. "I don't exactly have a list with me, but I'm sure that the central administration computers have a run down of each prisoner and information files on them."

Nothing is free in this Galaxy, Nichos Marr. The annoying truth of his conscience bit at him. He didn't expect Sanis Prent to simply hand over these prisoners, but that would be a nice notion. Forget it. My mission is to scout and find out if we do have any prisoners at Kessel. There are too many MIA New Republic officers. My bet is that at least some are down there.

"The New Republic is interested in knowing if we have any allies down there," Nichos blinked, "and retrieving them."

Alpha
Mar 6th, 2002, 08:40:31 PM
Ty nods at Nicho's statement, and then adds, "Also a few of Satine's friends in here, who used to be Dragon Fleet officers. I was sent on behalf of Satine to retrieve them to."

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Mar 7th, 2002, 01:30:25 AM
Saarrreeaa stood by Sanis' elbow, all traces of nervousness gone as the troopers put up their weapons and vacated the area. "Sssanjisss," she whispered, but then didn't finish her thought as the two men descended from the building.

Her claws remained extended as she was still fully on her guard. Wherrre jisss Cjirrrrrr when jI need hjim? She had needed him in other areas besides personal saftey, but Sanis had sent him away. A few weeks was almost an eternity. Saa let her mind wander a moment. jI don't thjink that Sssanjisss rrrealljy underrrstandsss the Burrrnjing... However, necessity was necessity, and Cirr had been needed elsewhere.

Saa would not have allowed that hyuu-mann female to get out of her sight with that credit chit without some sort of assurance she was actually going to do what she left for Bothwaui to do. And so Cirr had gone along to keep tabs on her.

She stood silently, letting figures run through her head again. It would take some late night number crunching in her room (if she even had a room), but she could make Sanis' spur-of-the moment Baronship work. Twentjy fjive perrrcent jincrrreassse, tjimesss...oh, fjiftjy sssojildjiers at the mossst... Saa kept her eyes on the strangers.

Sanis Prent
Mar 11th, 2002, 01:03:23 PM
(I saw an opportunity to stick my foot in the door. Thanks to the Jedi, I was getting alot better chances to take that opportunity.

As the five of us sped away toward the Administration building, I thought it over.)

You have to understand...I'd give them if I had the ability. If you've got prisoners here, I would like to help you get them back. But I have to remain competitive in this market. It ties my hands, in a way.

(The driver made his way to the administration building, and the group exited the speeder, walking inside.)

Van, can you see about getting a prisoner manifest?

(I glanced back to him. He paused, fiddling with the collar of his shirt)

Uh...sure thing, Mr. Prent...yeah.

(I could tell it was a bit of a change for him to hand me the reigns, and it was uncomfortable. Then again, he had enough faith to put in me for me to make him a very rich man. Van turned down a hallway, entering an office. I turned back to the Jedi and his friend, with Saa by my side)

I guess my question to you is...if we release New Republic prisoners, what can you do for us? We're on some hard times with this managerial change, and a labor shortage isn't going to help. I realize that the New Republic isn't exactly a fan of the glit...uh...pharmaceutical industry, but I think its a great spot for compromise.

Nichos Marr
Mar 11th, 2002, 02:45:04 PM
Nichos followed Sanis through the main hall of the Administration Building. Both of his hands were clasped at the small of his back as he walked, and the hood was drawn back on his flight suit. Ty Leto stood beside of him, following everyone and listening intently. The Jedi Knight also listened as Sanis spoke of his "dilemma", for lack of a better word. Sanis Prent would always be a business man, and there were few ways of dealing with a business man. Nichos was simply an emissary, not very skilled in the art of business negotiations. He hoped Ty would be able to lend him a helping hand every now and again.

"As you know the New Republic is not as hot-headed as the Empire. We are willing to negotiate, rather than waste time and funds in sneaking said prisoners out. I wasn't really sent here to make deals, but I suppose that job has been thrusted upon me." Nichos kept his voice low and calm but very easy to hear.

The Jedi Knight reflected for a moment on what exactly this man was thinking to himself. He was also interested in what the Cizerack was thinking to herself. He had a feeling that she would also have some sort of say in considering Nichos' proposal. First you need to think of a suitable proposal, Nichos. The Jedi focused his mind on the living Force stirring within his mind. He was asking for answers from the everlasting knowledge of the Force. Something that would help him convince Prent to release the prisoners. Off in the distance of his mind, words began to echo. Within moments they became recognizable as Sanis'.

"I guess my question to you is...if we release New Republic prisoners, what can you do for us? We're on some hard times with this managerial change, and a labor shortage isn't going to help. I realize that the New Republic isn't exactly a fan of the glit...uh...pharmaceutical industry, but I think its a great spot for compromise."

Nichos analyzed those words, wondering exactly what the Force was trying to tell him. They had some significant importance and the answers that he was looking for.

"Mr. Prent..." Nichos snapped out of his trance a second later, feeling somewhat enlightened. "It's been quite a while since my last economics lesson, but your Kessel operation depends on the prisoners to collect the glitterstim spice that you distribute throughout the Galaxy. We all know that this is the most important spice in the Galaxy and many, especially the Hutts, are willing to pay top credit for all the glitterstim they can get their hands on."

Nichos smiled somewhat uneasily. He didn't know what to expect of this conversation. Hopefully the Force would guide him to a successful mission.

"What if the New Republic were to supply you with all of the criminals in its various prisons? We all know the Sith Empire captured most of their own prisoners. I'm sure all those extra hands would be a priceless asset to your continued operations in the Spice Mines."

The Jedi paused for a moment, allowing the halls to become slightly silent.

"Also, Ty and myself can probably wing it so that New Republic Intelligence and Narcotics officers will "look the other way" on your operations. You'll have no trouble with Republic law on the planet Kessel, unless it endangers any Republic planets or the Government itself. You said it yourself that the New Republic is not a fan of the pharmaceutical industry. Wouldn't you agree that something like this is too valuable to pass up?" The Jedi waited for his answer.

Alpha
Mar 11th, 2002, 07:52:22 PM
"That's right," Ty says, taking a hint. "We could probably get it so the NR won't notice, and Satine's fleet has never given Kessel any problems either, so there you go. And, in addition, The Dragon Fleet Manufacturing Division would probably be willing to go along with, oh, say, six dozen, maybe seven, of those ultra cold hardened mining robots that were originally going to be installed in here before the Sith Empire took over. what do you say?"

Ty may have been a crack shot with a weapon and an excellent soldier, but he was also a good diplomat.

Sanis Prent
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:23:11 PM
(I led the group into an office area, gesturing for them to sit.)

Nichos, thats well and good, but there are some problems involved with that. Cost of living being one of them. Housing them, feeding them, and doing the same for security forces to make sure they don't break out of here, or worse. In addition to all that, there are the spice arachnids to worry about. I hear quite a few prisoners are lost to them.

(I crossed my arms)

Any prisoners, be they from the New Republic, or from the Sith Empire, are going to be expensive.

(I glanced to Ty)

I'm thinking more along your friend's speed over here.

(I smiled)

Droid miners.

(I looked at Saa)

Saa, how many credits would we have to dole out to buy an equal droid workforce?

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Mar 16th, 2002, 02:03:47 AM
She sat on the edge of a chair, her legs crossed neatly in front of her. Saa could feel the Jedji's eyes on her, and winked at him. The male looked away.

Sanis turned to her, and she answered, "Sssuperrrcooled drrrojidsss, asss Lando Calrrrjissssssjian once jimplemented herrre, would rrrun..." She did some figures in her head, "...well, sssuffjice jit to sssajy, jin the long rrrun, drrroidsss wjill eat lessssss than ssslavesss, orrr prrrjisssonerrrsss. jIt would sssave usss ssseverrral thousssand crrredjitsss a jyearrr, afterrr the jinjitjial pajyout."

She scribbled some notes on a piece of flimsiplast to keep track of Sanis' spur of the moment ideas.

Alpha
Mar 16th, 2002, 03:53:44 PM
"So, what do you think of that? worth letting the prisoners we want out?"

Sanis Prent
Mar 22nd, 2002, 01:37:45 PM
We'll do it on a trial run basis. Get me a list of your first 100, and we'll replace them with a beginning droid mining system. If it works well enough, we'll expand from there.

Alpha
Mar 25th, 2002, 07:40:57 PM
"Alright. But I don't have a hundred prisoners to free. I have about fifty. So, Nichos here can give you a list oft he first fifty, and then you can talk to me about how the droids work. Is that suitable?"

Sanis Prent
Mar 29th, 2002, 12:50:45 AM
(I shook my head)

Not so fast. The prisoners for the hardware, verbatim. I want a working system set up. Bring a set in, and test them, and you'll get your first 50. Expand on that, and you get more. I hate to do it like that, but I can't afford a productivity cut.