PDA

View Full Version : Producer's Guild Nominee's

CMJ
Jan 10th, 2002, 12:11:58 PM
The PGA awards are some of the newer precursors to the Academy, but they have been a "fairly" accurate bellweather. In the 11 years of the award they have picked about 60% of the nominee's(so about 3 out of 5 this year should be correct) and 8 times the winner. So here are there nom's....

· A BEAUTIFUL MIND UNIVERSAL/ DREAMWORKS SKG
· HARRY POTTER WARNER BROS.
· LORD OF THE RINGS NEW LINE CINEMA
· MOULIN ROUGE! FOX
· SHREK DREAMWORKS SKG

I wouldn't think SHREK or HP would make the final cut if I had to drop 2.

Hart
Jan 10th, 2002, 01:28:05 PM
There aren't really any surprises there, which I think is unfortunate.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 10th, 2002, 02:14:43 PM
Well Shrek will get a nod in the Best animation category so 4 of the 5 will get nominated. I am surprised that Harry Potter is up there?

CMJ
Jan 10th, 2002, 05:20:26 PM
Yeah I expect SHREK to up for best animated feature...but that doesn't effect their accuracy since it's a different category. :)

I was pretty shocked as well with the inclusion of HP, but the Producers may have bestowed an honor on it for being a massive PRODUCTION(because it was quite frankly).

The last 2 spots for Best Pic are really gonna be a tossup at this point with about 10 films being seriously talked about getting honored. Hell MOULIN ROUGE doesn't even have it's nom locked up(getting close though I think). It's quite a wide open year...the most wide open I can remember.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 11th, 2002, 04:17:05 PM
When do the Oscar nominations go out? I was thinking Feburary but I was not sure? Does anybody wanna make some guesses and see who gets the most right, of the major awards now not the small ones (I would have no idea in some categories.)

CMJ
Jan 11th, 2002, 06:18:30 PM
The nominations go out February 13. I plan on making my predictions soon. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 11th, 2002, 11:26:12 PM
Cool, I think I will make some too.

JonathanLB
Jan 12th, 2002, 12:16:09 AM
2 reasons why that nomination list sucks:

Harry Potter.
A Beautiful Mind.

2 reasons why that nomination list rocks:

Lord of the Rings
Muholland Awful Drive isn't on it.

CMJ
Jan 12th, 2002, 12:18:02 AM
LOL Jon.... I can't say I agree with you on the BM thing. Haven't seen HP or MD yet. :)