PDA

View Full Version : The LONG wait

darth_mcbain
Jan 7th, 2002, 02:51:51 PM
Apparently two guys are already waiting in line for Ep. II to come out...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/artsentertainment/134387218_starwars05.html

Someone should tell these guys you can just go online and get your tickets there... :)

Doc Milo
Jan 7th, 2002, 05:07:03 PM
Yeah. Be really funny -- maybe a great commercial for movietickets.com:

A line outside of the theater hundreds long waiting for Star Wars: Attack of the Clones. One guy just walks past them all, steps up to the ABO and swipes his cards. Tickets print out and he goes into the theater without ever waiting on that line. We see him at the end, best seats in the house, while all the others start wading in...

darth_mcbain
Jan 7th, 2002, 05:25:18 PM
After waiting in line that long they probably won't even be let into the theater as they'll both look like Ted Kazinsky or something... They'll make them shower and shave before they let them in... Although maybe if they are going in costume as Chewbacca that would work...

Hart
Jan 7th, 2002, 09:48:31 PM
These guys need to get jobs or something, if they have this much free time.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 8th, 2002, 12:00:14 AM
I know, man do they have a wait and Doc that was funny, that would make a great commercial.

JMK
Jan 8th, 2002, 04:23:26 PM
I've always wanted to do that, but can't imagine having the free time to do so...

Hart
Jan 10th, 2002, 11:13:18 AM
Well, I assume these guys are gonna profit off of this when it's all said and done.

darth_mcbain
Jan 10th, 2002, 12:01:07 PM
I don't know about that... I guess they'll have bragging rights when anyone says they've waited a long time for a movie, but I can't see them making a big profit from this. Maybe their 15 minutes of fame, and maybe if they're lucky they'll be asked to do a commercial or something for SW (although I doubt it).

They're probably just in it for the glory...

Jedieb
Jan 10th, 2002, 01:31:14 PM
It's definitely going to lead to fame and glory for these brave heroes. Think of the great pick up lines they have to use when they try to score with the hottest girl in the club. How could any woman resist:
"Hey baby, I spent 4 months camped outside a theater to see a SW movie. But that's not the LONGEST thing I can brag about!"

Think of the points they'll score on job interviews!
"I had to take a semester off to live outside a theater so I could be the first in line to see Attack of the Clones. I feel that experiece uniquely qualifies me to lead your marketing department!"

Those lucky bastards! ;)

darth_mcbain
Jan 10th, 2002, 01:32:58 PM
:lol :lol Hey, I'd hire them...

Jedieb
Jan 10th, 2002, 02:06:11 PM
But would you sleep with them? :p

JMK
Jan 11th, 2002, 09:11:31 AM
Maybe after a shower. 4 months living on the street? Nasty! j/k!

darth_mcbain
Jan 11th, 2002, 11:15:15 AM
Not a chance - EB... :lol