PDA

View Full Version : The Conclave Saga: Retribution

Gerrard M. Vinson
Jan 5th, 2002, 07:22:48 PM
It had been a long time since Gerrard M. Vinson had been “drafted” by the Sith Empire to be a part of their fleet. A long time of taking orders from those he despised. How had he managed to last this long he wondered as he approached the large steel double doors in the bowels of the Crimson Death. One of two Apocalypse-Class Star Destroyers somewhat recently completed. Now he would have his revenge though. The revenge he had so long planned. Now he was so close that he could feel it in his bones. Bones that didn’t have the force running through him he reminded himself with a snarl. How could they have controlled the fleet for this long? Gerrard knew the answer; it was partially the reason that he had progressed so quickly through the ranks. The Sith had killed those who had come before him, but in the end that would be their mistake, he would make sure of that.

As he stepped to the doors, a pair of Dark Troopers pushed them open allowing Gerrard access to a large open chamber. The room was built to be a mobile council chamber in the even that the entire council had to be on the move at once. As such it was the second most secure place in the empire, second only to the actual chambers on the planet below. As he entered the room two men stood in greeting. Nodding to each he motioned for them to take their seats again before taking his own at the head of a long table in the middle of the room.

“Admiral Wysoki, Admiral Taman, thank you for joining me here this morning. I realize it is early, but I believe you will agree that time is of the essence in the matters we are about to discuss.”

Both men nodded. Gerrard knew these men shared his feelings on how things were at the Empire.

“Are you sure that this is a feasible action Gerrard?” Christopher Wysoki asked.

“How can they stop us?” Braeden Taman interjected.

“Braeden is correct. How can they stop us? We control the fleets, not those simpletons. They think they can control us from the comfort of their chambers below. They know nothing of what is going on here. They do not know that 90% of my senior officers agree with our feelings, the other 10% can either join us or be replaced with those that will. The junior officers and enlisted men only know how to follow orders, and they will continue to do so whether we are a part of this Empire, or on our own.”

“Yes, I see what you both mean. I also know that a large proportion of my officers would go along with this plan. How about yours Braeden?”

“Almost all. You must remember that the majority of my officers were only recently taken from the most recently conquered planets. They have not lived under the Sith’s tearony as long as we have, but they are just as anxious to get rid of it.”

Gerrard nodded slightly, “Good then it’s agreed. We will proceed with the plan, which will be carried out as soon as all the ships can be notified.”

Christopher Wysoki
Jan 5th, 2002, 07:39:37 PM
As the trio of admirals began their way out of the recreation of the Empire's council room, Christopher grabbed Gerrard by the arm and pulled him back slightly. "If I could have a minute, Admiral Vinson?" He asked, leading the way back into the chamber.

"What is it, Wysoki? It isn't normally like you to pull me aside unless something serious is to be discussed," He said as he steeled himself for whatever was coming. "What seems to be on your mind?"

"It's Admiral Taman, Gerrard," He said as he looked around, checking to make sure not one other soul was in the room. "There's something I don't like about him."

"You don't like half the people you meet, Christopher," He chuckled, trying to lighten the mood.

"Perhaps I'm just overreacting," He began whispering. "But I think he's planning on backstabbing us. He has a history of arrogance, and his profile with the fleet is covered in various reprimands for taking his orders too far, most often which end up furthering his own goals. Needless to say, we have to keep a watchful eye on him."

Gerrard M. Vinson
Jan 5th, 2002, 08:10:10 PM
"Very well Christopher, we'll keep an eye on him. But I really do hope this is in your head."

Motioning with his hand Gerrard ushered the other Admiral out the door. As they walked down the long corridor leading from the chamber Gerrard started to think about all the things that they needed to complete before they could complete their plans. Arriving at a cross section of corridors Gerrard stopped.

"This is where I will take my leave Christopher. I have to catch a shuttle. Your place is on the bridge of the Crimson Death. Begin sending out the message to your fleet Captains. I shall take care of the other matter."

"Okay Gerrard... And good luck."

"To all of us Christopher, to all of us."

With that the Admiral turned and headed towards the hanger bay where a shuttle awaited to transport him to the Argus II station that was still in orbit of Munto Codru.

Braeden Taman
Jan 5th, 2002, 08:57:09 PM
As Admiral Taman walked down the long ramp leading from the mobile Council Chambers, he began to think to himself. He thought of the possibilities, of the endless possibilities of events that could transpire after his defection from the Empire.

Suddenly, he stopped and turned around. He began to walk back towards the mobile Council Chambers. The clank of his boots on the floor of the ramp resounded throughout the adjacent rooms.

As he neared the Chambers again, he thought to himself, "Why should I share all the power that I will attain with those two? They will do nothing but fall on their faces. They know not how to manage an entire Empire."

The two stormtroopers thrust the doors open and he entered the Chambers once again. This time, standing at the head of the table.

He spoke quickly, in a raspy voice, "Yes, they do not deserve this. Not as much as I do."

Admiral Taman smiled to hismelf before he turned and exited the Chambers, making his way back down the ramp.

Gerrard M. Vinson
Jan 5th, 2002, 09:31:56 PM
Gerrard entered the hanger. The honor guard that had greeted him upon his arrival was no longer there, and that did not bother him any. He was a man who needed as little fanfare as possible in his life. Stepping onto his personal shuttle he took his place in one of the comfortable seats that furnished the rear cabin. Pressing a button on the communications panel he spoke to the cockpit.

"Captain I am ready to leave now."

"Yes sir! Are we headed back to the ship?" The slight informality of his voice was allowed by Gerrard, his personal pilot had earned at least that much in the years he had served under him.

"No Captain. Please take me to the Argus station."

Gerrard was greeted with the sounds of the thrusters engaging as a response to his order, and soon the shuttle was coasting through the darkness of space towards the enormous hull of the Argus II battle station.

It was a short journey from the Apocalypse-Class Star Destroyer to the station, but with the thoughts of all that lay ahead of them on his mind, it seemed like forever to Gerrard. Suddenly he was gently shaken from his thoughts as the shuttle landed on the floor of the main hanger of the station.

Before stepping outside Gerrard moved to the safe that was specially installed in the shuttle. Removing a digital key from around his neck he inserted it into place and the safe unlocked. Reaching in Gerrard removed a datapad. Closing the safe behind him, Gerrard moved to the shuttle door as it hinged down to the ground with a hiss of gasses releasing in a plume of white vapor.

As he stepped down the a sly grin crept across Gerrards face. He knew that the data stored in the datapad in his hand would be the final blow in their mission, and it would teach the Sith for not learning from their mistakes.

Christopher Wysoki
Jan 6th, 2002, 01:22:04 PM
Returning to the bridge of his Super Star Destroyer, the Blitzkrieg, Admiral Wysoki wasted no time getting to work on preparations. "Ensign Krytz, open an encrypted channel to all ships and personnel under my command." He said as he sat down into his command chair at the centre of the bridge.

"Channel open, Admiral." A young, male voice returned, somewhat shakely.

"Ladies and gentleman of the Sith Empire's naval corps whom are under my command," He started, pausing to take a deep breath. "What I'm about to ask you to do is, quite literally, treason in the eyes of our masters, the Sith. If you feel the risks aren't worth your freedom, or you're not about to break your loyalties to the Sith, you are free to leave your post. Although I guarantee that you won't leave my ships alive.

"In conjunction with Admiral Vinson and Admiral Taman, we are to take exodus of the Sith Empire, and destroy any opposition as we make our exit, and our freedom. I will be calling on your loyalty to me in the past on a level like you have never seen, with traitors and deserters being executed on the spot.

"While this may make us, the commanders of the Sith Empire's naval corps, seem like dictators, it isn't to insure our continued reign of power, but the secrecy of our operations. I trust that you will agree with me when I say that death would be a paradise compared to what the Sith would do to us, and our families, do they find out.

"We're twenty-eight hours from zero hour, prepare, and prepare well. Good luck and god speed, my loyal companions. Admiral Wysoki, out."

Braeden Taman
Jan 6th, 2002, 06:24:28 PM
Admiral Taman walked onto the bridge of his ship and sat down in his command chair. He smiled and took a few seconds to collect his thoughts.

"Open an encrypted channel to the captains of all ships under my command."

"Done, Admiral.", the communications ensign responded.

"My loyal captains: The matter that I am about to discuss is of class red importance. You speak of it to no one but your most senior officials. As of now, no one leaves and no one comes onto your ships. If anyone tries, they are to be shot on sight."

Pausing, Admiral Taman smiled. "By this time two days from now, we will have freed ourselves from the Sith's oppresive reign. Anyone who feels compelled not to follow my orders or to attempt to contact the sith will be terminated."

"These circumstances may seem harsh, but in return for this demand of loyalty, we shall reap the successes and privleges of being free. Finally, we will be out from under the oppressive veil of Sith control."

"Finally, note that you are to take orders from myself. No one else has authority to give orders. That is all."

With that, the communication channel was cut and Admiral Taman sat down in his plush command chair.
"Well, we have reached the point of no return", he thought to himself.

Gerrard M. Vinson
Jan 6th, 2002, 09:45:43 PM
It was a long walk and a short lift ride up from the hanger bay to the main control room of the Argus II. Stepping into the large room that spanned three stories high, 200 feet long, and 300 feet wide, Gerrard took in the power that stood before him. From the hundreds of computer banks that stood in front and below him he could access any number of assets, including what he had come here for; the orbital, and planetary defenses that protected all of the Empires planets. If he and his compatriots had any chance of completing their mission they would have to take down the planetary defenses, and their was only one way that could be done in such a way that they could be sure nothing could go wrong. That way was complete destruction. From this room, and from the codes on the datapad in his hand Gerrard could completely destroy every defensive emplacement on every planet controlled by the Empire.

They hadn't learned when General Scorpion had defected to the NR. They hadn't put in place any measures to ensure that it didn't happen again. Now they would suffer for their short sightedness.

Walking up to a computer console manned by a young non-commissioned officer he put his hand on the man's shoulder.

"Step aside Master Chief, I'd like to do this myself."

"Aye aye sir.' The Master Chief Petty Officer said as he slid his chair back on it's track and stepping aside to let the Admiral sit.

Taking the seat Gerrard moved the chair back into position in front of the keyboard. After a few minutes Gerrard was prompted for a series of authorization codes and began copying them from the datapad beside the keyboard. And was greeted with the message he had hoped for...

<font color=red>Self destruction sequence initiated....
Countdown commencing....
27:50:27...27:50:26...27:50:25.......</font>

"Excellent!" He silently breathed under his breath. Entering a series of extra keystrokes he made sure that he would be the only one that could cancel the self destruction sequence.

Pushing the chair back and standing Gerrard turned to the commanding officer of the Argus II Battlestation.

"Admiral, please make arrangements to see that the families of those serving on, or at the targets are looked after... And Admiral, do it before the clock hits zero."

"Aye, aye sir"

With a nod Gerrard made his way out of the control center and towards the lift that would take him to his private chambers on board the Argus. He wished he could warn the men and women that were going to lose their lives in less than 28 hours, but he could not risk tipping his hand to the Sith. Only the knowledge that those sacrificed would be made martyrs made the thought tolerable.

Braeden Taman
Jan 9th, 2002, 08:02:18 PM
"How much time left until detonation of the defenses?", Admiral Taman barked out at his most trusted officer.

"Four hours, sir. Final preparations have begun.", the officer responded sharply.

Turning to the communications ensign aboard his flagship, Braeden Taman spoke quickly. "Open Channel 479 Alpha Charlie."

The ensign spun in his chair and looked at the Admiral. "Admiral, that channel is reserved for.."

Admiral Taman quickly backhanded the ensign. "You fool! If this had been at a crucial moment, you could have killed us all! You are to follow my orders exactly and immediately. This is your first and only warning, Ensign. If you fail again, you will be shot. Now, open the channel!"

"Yes, sir.", came the meek reply from the ensign. The young man was obviously shaken.

A few seconds later, the man, now less shaken, spoke. "Admiral, the channel is open."

Admiral Taman sat down at the communications console and waited. Soon, the computer began to speak in the usual monotonous voice. "Channel 479 Alpha Charlie. Identify yourself."

The Admiral spoke with an authoritative, yet calm tone. "Taman. Alpha Theta 647 Niner."

"Access Granted. Welcome Admiral. Who will you be contacting?"

"Admirals Vinson and Wysoki. Priority status, Red."

"You are being connected through, have a nice day, Admiral."

The computer screen flashed and the screen was split into two streaming videos. One with Admiral Gerrard Vinson and the other with Admiral Christopher Wysoki.

"Admirals. We are within four hours of the deonation of the defense systems. I trust that you both have begun final preparations?"

"Yes, of course.", responded Admiral Vinson. Admiral Wysoki merely nodded.

Gerrard M. Vinson
Jan 10th, 2002, 12:04:07 AM
Vinson shut off the video feed. Maybe Christopher was right, he thought to himself. Taman did seem rather anxious, but maybe that was also understandble given the circumstances at hand. Turning in the leather swivil chair, Gerrard's eyes focused on the Captain sitting across from him.

"What is the report from the shipyards?" He asked. Several hours earlier he had given the order for the shipyards to begin being taken apart and prepared for transport. When they had asked he told the fools in the Empire that he was moving them for stratigic reasons. Which was believable enough for them to stop asking questions.

"They report 38% complete. It will require roughly another 24 hours before they are fully dismantled and en route." The Captain relayed the bad news.

"Damn! Very well, continue the dismantling. We cannot risk pushing back the timetable any further. We will leave the yards here partially dismantled and they will just have to follow when the proceedure is complete."

"Aye aye sir. Will there be anything else sir?"

"No, that's all for now. Resume your post."

With a nod the Captain stood, saluted and then exited the room.

Leaning back in the chair Gerrard's eyes fell on the timer counting down on the corner of his desk. Less then four hours now.

Gerrard M. Vinson
Jan 10th, 2002, 07:40:10 PM
<font color=red>0:02:56…0:02:55…0:02:54…</font>

“Open a channel to Taman and Wysoki” Vinson ordered.

“Channel open sir.” Came the almost immediate response.

“Gentlemen, the time is almost upon us. Begin moving your ships, the Argus will cover you should anything come up. You and your ship commanders have the coordinates of our final destination, you are free to take whatever route you wish in getting there. We will meet in a maximum of 4 days. Gerrard out.”

Both senior Admirals nodded before their image blinked off the screens.

<font color=red>0:02:32…0:02:31…0:02:30…</font>

Two and a half minutes. The faster ships would be making their first jumps, and the slower ships almost in position to do so. Everything was coming together, and although it seemed almost too easy, their was no reason to have thought it would have been more difficult, what were those impudent Sith going to do blow up their own fleet? “No” he though, they were not that stupid. At least he hoped not.

“Begin powering the stations engines, I want to be moving the moment the orbital defences begin to overload.”

“Yes sir.”

Walking to the railing of the command deck of what he had taken to calling the War Room, Gerrard looked down over the two stories of command stations below him. There was silent electricity running through all the men and women manning the stations. They knew their mission and were ready to die if it was needed to complete it, but that was not going to be needed.

<font color=red>0:01:21…0:01:20…0:02:19…</font>

“The last of Taman’s ships are out of the system sir.” Came a somewhat surprising call from below him. Gerrard shook his head, the fool. He must have had his ships running at 250% of normal reactor power… A good way to blow up a Star Destroyer Gerrard thought to himself.

“Understood. How long until Wysoki is out of the system?” The second fleet more of the heavy ships of TSE and unless Wysoki was pulling the same foolish stunt as Taman, it would take longer for his ships to exit the system.

“Sir, the Blitzkrieg reports that their departure will be in another three minutes sir. They will be the……”

The young ensign manning the communications console was abruptly cut off by a call from a overly excited controller in charge of the scanners.

“Orbital defences in overload, complete destruction estimated at one minute forty seven seconds.”

A slight smile crept over Gerrard’s face. It was almost time to celebrate their victory.

“Set a course out of the Munto Codru system and engage the first hyperspace jump when able.” Gerrard ordered.

“Aye aye Sir!” Came the enthusiastic response.

Seemingly defying the laws of nature the enormous Argus II battle station began moving away from the planet of Munto Cordru. After what seemed like an eternity the stars began to streak around it as it leapt into hyperspace. At last they were free thought Gerrard, and what a glorious feeling it was.

Christopher Wysoki
Jan 10th, 2002, 08:15:14 PM
Christopher winced as his fleet pulled away behind schedule, as a deft sabatour had nearly disabled the Blitzkrieg. Standing up, his voice suddenly boomed across the bridge with military precision. "Have all ships re-route non-essential power to their engine systems, we need to get ourselves back as closely as possible on schedule!" He shouted, suddenly spinning on his heel to face his tactical officer.

"Sir, even if we push the fleet to flank speeds, we'll still be a full minute behind schedule.." He stammered, afraid of his commanding officer's rebuttal.

"Even a minute behind is better than three, lieutenant. Get to it," He said and sighed, turning back to his command chair's custom HUD, which currently displayed two times. One in red, indicating the schedule time, and a second in blue representing that of his fleet. Delays are unacceptable, but also unavoidable. I only thank the Goddess it was a mere three minutes..

He flipped one HUD screen over to watch visual feeds captured by a single, remote spy satellite he had deployed in orbit over Munto Cudro, and the mission clock hit zero, letting off an oscillating tone as the six zeroes flashed. Moments later, the image of dozens of platforms going up in flame filled the small screen before it went black. He smiled somewhat, while feeling sorry that all the hard work put into the defenses had been for naught.

Braeden Taman
Jan 10th, 2002, 09:12:16 PM
As the counter reached zero, Taman smiled. Turning to his communications ensign, he ordered a channel opened to all ships under his command.

"Gentlemen, we have accomplished it. We have freed ourselves from the overbearing grips of our sith oppressors. " A loud hurrah erupted from the crew of each ship as they recieved the good news. Waiting for the cheers to die down, Admiral Taman began again, "We will be moving towards the final destination and should arrive there within several hours."

Pausing, Taman pondered just how much information he should release to his men. "Once we have arrived, we will rendezvous with Admirals Vinson and Wysoki. That is all."

With that, the screen faded and the Admiral sat down in his command chair, anxiously awaiting the rendezvous.