PDA

View Full Version : An empty heart... (open)

Raine Callador
Jan 5th, 2002, 02:17:05 AM
Raine struggled over to an empty booth as far as she could get from the crowd. She had left her weapon at the front at the insistence of a guard, she had almost left because of it but she was cold and hungry and tired. As she snuggled into her cloak her eyes clouded with pain. The wound she had received at the hands of a force user had not completely healed. Her hand moved to her side tentatively touching the spot where the blade had bit. Her hand came away wet with blood.

Raine ordered her drink and some food, hoping she would be able to hold it down. It had been awhile since she had eaten anything of substance. As for sleep it had been three days since she had slept and her eyes burned. She looked around as she delicately nibbled at her bread. There were many force users here and it caused Raine to shudder. She did not know who had attacked her only that he had used the force to do so.

As she finished as much food as she could hold, she wondered if there was somewhere to get a safe room. A deep sigh escaped her, "If anywhere was safe." She thought bitterly to herself. Raine's head sunk to her arms that were folded together on the table top, her weary eyes closed.

"Please just let me be safe for this one moment," was her last thought as she drifted into her tortured dreams....

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 5th, 2002, 08:46:15 AM
"Please just let me be safe for this one moment,"

The girl felt a gaze upon her. It was piercing, and burrowed itself beneath her skin, urging - commanding even - the attention of the one it fell upon. In her mind a voice panged, sending a shiver spiraling slowly up from the base of her spine through her whole body.

"Don't count your blessings yet, child. You are not safe yet."

Across from her booth a bulky framed man sat, looking down at the menu for the particular establishment Raine sat in. He was cloaked in ebony, his eyes shaded by a veil of blonde quills. A serpentine smile danced on his lips as he subtly observed the girl, silent.

Raine Callador
Jan 5th, 2002, 03:08:36 PM
Raine quickly sat up when the voice invaded her mind and the eyes that she felt resting on her made her heart grow cold. Her hand instantly went to her side, grasping for the swords comforting feel. She groaned audibly when her hand touched nothing but the soft cloth of her garment. Her side screamed in pain from the quick movement, she could feel the blood from the wound tracing a path to her hip.

Her eyes scanned the room looking for the one who had wakened her from her slumber with the cryptic message. They settled on the man across from her own table. The smile that crossed his lips made her shiver. She had a feeling that once again her safety was threatened. Raine was used to being on the run, it seemed like an eternity since she had found a safe haven. Her tired eyes looked into the mans almost pleading with his to end her torment.

Raine mentally shook the feeling off. It was not new to her. She would not give into death until she had fulfilled her calling..

Strider
Jan 9th, 2002, 02:50:28 AM
"Strange" The young man thought as he looked from his table, "these people have never tasted off world stuff, it tastes much better then this." He lowered his eyes from the room to the glass of dry, bitter, and utterly bland wiskey. It did not have the taste or the effects that it should of had, but being a critic was not in his job description. He was here for one reason, but that reason had not yet appeared, but however there was some entertainment from a booth on the other side of the room. A wounded girl had made her entrance, woofed down a meal, and then was rudely awakened. Strider put his hand to his weapon, a simple scepter with some sort of crystal attached as precaution, but the girl did not seem a threat unfortunately what ever awakened her might be.

Xavier Sadow
Jan 9th, 2002, 06:34:22 AM
Xavier leans back against the wall in a dark corner of this place. He crosses his arms over his chest slowly as he leans his head back against the wall. His eyes fall upon his Master. He nods to Vega slightly, not sure if he saw him or not, but did that really matter.

The young Sith disciple runs his hand back through his hair slowly, keeping his eyes on everyone in the bar, constantly looking around but not moving his head.

Strider
Jan 9th, 2002, 11:37:02 PM
"Dang this is boring."Strider thought to himself again. "So everyone is just going to sit here and just look at eachother, thats as bad as the wiskey!" Strider looked at his watch and saw that he had thirty minutes until his reason for being here would show up. But in the end he would be board untill then. "Well lets see if I can't stir things up a bit." Strider called for a waitress to his table, after telling her a few words and passing her some coins she then walks over to Raine's booth and invites her to Strider's table.

Raine Callador
Jan 10th, 2002, 11:54:28 AM
Raine looked from the man that had entered her thoughts when the waitress walked into her line of vision. Peering around the waitress she looked to the man who had invited her to his table. She shot her glance back and forth between the two men wondering if she should take him up on his offer for protections sake. Sighing knowing she once again was probably making the wrong choice she nodded to the man and got up to go over.

She had not had a lot of luck with staying out of danger, it was as if trouble followed her. Since her parents had been murdered she had been on the move, not resting. She knew that someone was tracking her, someone who wanted her dead. She had been attacked to many times now for it to just be a random thing.

Raine reached the man and gave him a tentative smile. Thinking to herself, I sure hope this doesn't turn out bad like the last time.
"Hello the names Raine and thank you for inviting me to your table." Raine said in a soft voice.

Strider
Jan 11th, 2002, 01:36:00 AM
Well my dear, what is troubling you?

His words sound animal like, almost compashionate to her problems of security and lonlyness. But he kept his face stern, almost a solid block of ice.

The name is Strider my dear. I'm a mercanary by trade, I'll take any job no matter what it is, but there is a small catch. But lets not trouble you with payment, it seems to me that you have a small problem on your hands. One that is really not worth my time, but you are injured and seem to have many other little problems...

Very well then, I wonder what is bothering you tonight. Come, tell me your tale, I will be able to help you.

Raine Callador
Jan 11th, 2002, 03:45:10 AM
Raine looked into the mans eyes not knowing if she should trust him. She had not trusted anyone in along while and to start now could be dangerous. Pressing her hand to her side she wondered how he knew that she was in trouble anyway.

Mistrust filled her she wondered if he perhaps knew to much. Raine sat down she needed to find out how much he knew about her. She needed to get a room soon so she could rest and her wound needed tending. Sighing softly she pulled her hand away from her side wiping the blood left there off on the him of her shirt.

"Why do you think that I'm in trouble," she asked in a weary tone. She was almost at her limit she had been running to long this time and the attack had taken a lot out of her. "I do not wish to appear rude but how do you know these things?" Raine questioned. "And how do you think you can help me when everyone else that has offered is dead?" Raine closed her eyes at the last statement, guilt burning in her soul. She had known better than to involve others but she had no choice at times. Raine looked at the man almost wishing that he could help her, but in her heart she knew that if she asked he would end up dead like all the rest...

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 12th, 2002, 11:45:55 AM
As the waitress sauntered past Vega's table, the Sith rose up to stand and smiled slyly. He looked towards the table the girl had just sat down at and began to make his way there, his smile becoming more welcoming as he put up a mental and physical masquerade.

"Good evening, miss," the Sith Lord said as he stood by the couple, his hands folding behind his back, "Good evening, sir."

He towered above them, looming fairly non-threateningly as he stared down at the duo, his smile growing into a grin.

"I have no company this evening, and was wondering if I could burden you with myself for just a little time... a drink or two perhaps."

Raine Callador
Jan 12th, 2002, 04:47:08 PM
Raine bowed her head wondering why it always went this way. No matter where she went there was someone who came to help her and then there were some who came to hunt her. She sighed weary and empty. She knew that soon the hunting pack would come and whoever tried to help her would die but how did you tell that to someone.

Her side ached where the blade had bit into her side, and she knew that she was going to have to find a place to heal herself soon. More than likely the sword that had cut into her side had been tipped with a poison of some kind. With who she was her body could fight the effects of it but it would weaken her until she healed it fully.

Raine looked up into the eyes of the man she had spotted earlier. Once again to trust or not to trust and also should she take the chance of putting someone else in harms way.
" Please be seated, it would be my pleasure to have you join us." Raine answered him. She knew she had no choice it was the only way to find out who here was her enemy...

Xavier Sadow
Jan 12th, 2002, 07:33:52 PM
Xavier slowly sits down at a table away from the three of them but with a pretty good sight range of them. He leans back in his chair again the wall slowly, propping his feet upon the table as his right ankle crosses over his left. His arms crossing over his chest as he leans his head back against the wall, staring at the two people with his Master.

Strider
Jan 13th, 2002, 02:43:55 AM
Before Strider answers any of Raine's questions he looks streight at Vega. You know it's rude to have people look at us like that, you should really train your associate to knnow what is going on with out looking.. Strider then calls the waitress over and sends her to Xavior's table with an invite to join them for glass of brandy, seeing that the wiskey was terrible.

Strider then turns his attention toward Raine's questions...
You ask me how do I know your in trouble...Well besides the fact that your depressed, wounded, and haven't had a good hot meal in a while you seem very tense. Almost as if in any minute a giant dragon would come in here and kill everyone. I doubt that will happen. And as for the others who had helped you, well they did it for all the wrong reasons. Me, I do it because if I didn't then I would be doubting myself. And I have been down that road before and perfer death itself to doubt and dispare.

Strider then turns to Vega again...
My what people we have here tonight, would you mind telling me who you are? I believe that we have not met before...

EDIT: TTT

Raine Callador
Jan 15th, 2002, 01:20:36 PM
Raines eyes narrowed at the mans words. He was a strange one to say the least and he seemed to know things he shouldn't. As she listened to him question the other her eyes scanned the shadows of the bar, if they were going to come that was where they would appear. She tried to stay in brightly lit areas but there was always a shadow to be found no matter where she went.

A sharp pain lanced through her side. Perhaps she should ask this man to help she thought to herself, perhaps this time it would be different. Raine closed her eyes, it was never different no matter how many times she told herself that lie. People would die as they always did and she would once again be alone...

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 16th, 2002, 01:15:05 PM
Vega took a seat by the woman, his head canting as he regarded the one who had questionned him. He flashed a conceited smile and spoke softly.

"Oran Fett," he lied.

"A member of the Jedi Order," he again lied, this time through his teeth, more forceful.

"And you?"

Strider
Jan 16th, 2002, 10:22:49 PM
Wow, what plesent company.... Strider exclamed. Well then Raine dear, what seems to be your problem. I'm sure that between a Jedi Master and a Mercenary like myself we could solve this delema.

Strider then looked toward Xavier... Your young friend Master Fett is apparently not joining us tonight, would you like to call him over here?

Raine Callador
Jan 17th, 2002, 12:07:04 AM
Raine almost spit her drink out that she had just take into her mouth at the announcement that the one calling himself Fett was a Master Jedi. She scooted away from him, her body trembling. It wasn't that she loathed Jedi she really had never had to much to do with them but she had heard that they could feel the taint of evil, of hate on people. Though she was not evil, the hate she harbored would be enough to cause a Jedi concern.

She looked at the man next to her out of the corner of her eye sipping at her drink. She wondered if he would jump up and announce the darkness of her heart. She had no trust for force users, good or bad. Though to her shame she herself could use it. She had hid the fact from her parents for they had despised the force, they had told her it was used to kill no matter if they called themselves Jedi or Sith.

When the murderers of her parents had come she had not used it to help, she had not called on the force to aid her. She knew her parents would rather die than to have her help them in that way. It haunted her, the slaughter of her parents, and the fact she had done nothing to save them. What those force wielding monsters had done to her parents only confirmed in her mind that it was as her parents had said.

Raine turned to the man that offered her help. "I truly wish you could help me sir, but what I face is my own punishment and I would have no other die again for my mistakes." Raine looked into his eyes letting him see that haunted look in them, baring her soul. The dark smudges that filed the hollow below her eyes told of countless nights without sleep. She needed him to see so she could justify it in some way, that she had warned him.
"You wouldn't want to be apart of this sir because when they come, they will kill." Raines tired voice whispered. The last part slipping from her lips even though she had not planned to go that far. She shot the Jedi a fearful glance...

Strider
Jan 19th, 2002, 01:52:30 AM
Strider looked at Raine with no emotion on his face, like he was expecting it. He then took a swig of his wiskey and grimiced at how bad it was.
Well then, who is they? It's not that I want to get involved but I'd just like to know who they are. After all our paths may cross again, and they just might.

Strider then looks at Master Fett (aka Vega). And I'm sure that you could protect her from this army of darkness.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 19th, 2002, 07:14:56 AM
'Fett' nodded swiftly to Strider then to Raine, and smiled a thin smile - hiding his fanged upper canines artfully.

"That I could. I would be glad to be of service to you, m'lady. We Jedi are a helpful kind like that."

Raine Callador
Jan 19th, 2002, 04:16:28 PM
Sighing softly Raine leaned back in her seat studying the two men for a moment. Her eyes scanned there faces. Her eyes took in every detail. She did this with everyone that might die by helping her. The faces are what haunted her dreams the most. Looking down at her hands she began, her voice soft, heart broken with grief.

"It was just two years ago that my parents still lived. We had a quiet life, rich in material things, rich in love. What my mother and I didn't know was that my fathers business was drawing unwanted attention. He had made a mistake and told someone about his having found an old relic worth a lot of money. Raine became quiet for a moment, her voice choking off at the last word. She twisted her hands and began again.

They came in the night, we were sitting down to dinner. It was brightly lit." She looked up and said almost desperately. "But there were shadows, there are always shadows no matter where I go. Its how they travel. They came and demanded the relic, said it belonged to them. My father wouldn't give it to them. That's when they killed them, brutally slaughtering my family. I ran, there was nothing I could do. I took with me what the murders wanted and now they track me. Raine closed her eyes tears puddled in the hollow of her throat. There was a lot she had left out but those secrets were hers to keep. "I will find out who ordered them to kill my parents and Then.." Her fingernails bit into her hand drawing blood.

Raines mouth snapped closed, shutting off the words she had almost uttered. Her eyes darting to the shadowed corners. "There is really nothing you can do to help me, and if you did you would end up dead to." Her voice whispered wearily.

Strider
Jan 20th, 2002, 03:23:16 AM
Well, that is your problem? Strider laughed under his breath. It seems to me that you might have a bit of a problem there... But I'm sure that you can find that out on your own. Then the question is who these people are, and why all the help you found was easily killed. I mean two people looking for a relic is a common thing, they must of had something else, a power perhaps. What say you Master Fett? I think this is a Jedi's occupational hazard, although I have delt with such things before, but not very often.
Strider then looks toward Vega, expecting an answer...

Raine Callador
Jan 21st, 2002, 09:14:11 PM
Raine signaled for the barkeep to bring her a new drink and more food. She did not know when she would be able to eat again after she left this place.
"They are not human, hell they are not anything I've ever seen before." She said with a shudder. Raine turned her eyes to the Jedi "Fett" wondering why he offered up his help, surely he could feel the hate the surrounded her heart. Looking down at the plate that had just been set before her, she began to wonder just who this person was and if he was Jedi as he said.

"Watching the two men she began to eat, though not hungry she had to eat.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 23rd, 2002, 11:46:49 AM
"I would be glad to help in any way that I can, as I say."

Vega looked from the man to Raine, and smiled a convincing smile.

"It is my duty as a Jedi. Simply tell me how I can be of service."

Raine Callador
Jan 24th, 2002, 04:02:52 AM
She didn't trust him. She would never trust a force user Jedi or not but the fact remained she needed a safe place to go. Just for a few days to rest. "Maybe he is serious about helping me." Raine thought to herself. Her eyes growing heavy.

"If you could help me to find a safe place to go, maybe just protect me for a few days while I rest. It has been so long since I have rested." She said looking at the Jedi and then the other man Strider. She hated bringing them into this, chances were they would not survive as the others hadn't but she just couldn't go on much longer.

The wound in her side was getting worse and unless she slept she would not heal. looking at them hopefully she awaited there answers...

Raven Callador
Jan 25th, 2002, 03:38:08 AM
Raven watched her little sister from the dark corner of the bar. Her eyes filled with hate. She had been tracking her sister for a while now and she had finally caught up. Her sister had become very good at running but in Ravens eyes playtime was over. She knew that the monsters who had killed her parents were tracking her sister as well, she had in fact killed quiet a few. The pleasure of Raines death would be hers to have.

Raven had been away from home when she had heard of the death of her parents. She had thought her sister dead to. When she had arrived her fathers faithful servant lay on his death bed. He had been poisoned by the creatures talon. He had told her that her sister lived and had hid when the attack occurred. Ravens eyes darkened with anger for she knew her sisters dirty little secret, and from what the servant was saying she did nothing to save her parents but instead had ran. Leaving them to there deaths. Raven did not and could not comprehend why her sister did nothing.

She had walked in on her sister at a young age using the force and had beaten her for displaying such things, as was her right. Though it sickened her to know her sister could use the vile force she had not told her parents for fear of breaking there hearts. Raven had vowed to hunt her down and end her miserable little life and those who had killed her parents.

She watched her sister wince in pain, a cold smile curled the corner of Ravens mouth. She had watched as Raine had been attacked by one of the creatures and when her sister had turned to run, Raven had moved in and killed the creature. Her hands would be the ones to take Raines life. She would wash them in her sisters blood...

Strider
Jan 25th, 2002, 11:44:19 AM
Well then, if it a room you need, I have one that I'm staying in. Since I won't be on this planet for much longer, you can have it.

Strider handes Raine a key that goes to his room. He also looks at Vega then back to Raine. The address is on the key, and please don't let yourself be followed.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 26th, 2002, 04:45:14 AM
"I would gladly protect you, miss," Vega smiled.

Beneath his smile he felt it. The hatred ebbing out from another woman in the bar. Her thoughts betrayed her - she had interesting plans for this woman he was now 'protecting'. His smile grew at the thought of pulling her into the fray also; another shell to add the blood letting.

"Perhaps we should depart for this room now, m'lady?"

Raine Callador
Jan 26th, 2002, 07:43:57 PM
Raine looked helplessly at the key in her hand. Her mind numb with lack of sleep. In the back of her mind the voice that always warned her that danger was near screamed in shrill alarm. Raine was just to tired to heed it. She needed help and it seemed this was the only way she was going to get it. She just hoped she had no more accusing eyes to add to her nightmares.

Raine held the key up to "Fett" as a child would helpless, questioning. As if to ask what she was supposed to do with the object in her hand. When he took it from her palm she stood.

"Yes, we should go, Perhaps this time it will be different." Raine said with a sad smile. "Perhaps.."

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 27th, 2002, 07:00:33 AM
Vega quickly pocketed the key and rose up to stand by his ward, nodding down to the man who they had been sitting with.

"Nice to meet you, sir. It seems we will be departing now, so thank you very much for your help and for this apartment you have left to us. We are in your debt."

The 'Jedi' slipped one hand into his pocket and fumbled about, pulling out a datapad that held some basic information about the Greater Jedi Order on it. He handed it to Strider.

"Find the order and tell them that Fett sent you, they will repay you for your kind ways."

He nodded, then glanced to Raine expectantly.

Strider
Jan 27th, 2002, 11:45:01 PM
Very well then. I will look your group up later, but until then feel free to use my room as a shelter that the girl needs.
Strider takes the datapad and places it in his pocket. He then looks at his watch, a few minutes until his target arrived, but that person would arrive and what needed to be done would be finished. Meanwhile this girl's story was a tragic one, but one that he could identify with. However the girl's protector left much to be needed....

That could be delt with later as well...

Raine Callador
Jan 28th, 2002, 12:37:32 AM
Raine nodded at both the men thanking Strider for his kindness. Turning to "Fett" she looked into his eyes weary pain laced her eyes. She wanted to tell him what could come, she wanted to explain the pain and the suffering. How could she though, she had tried to tell others and they had scoffed and said that they could handle the problem.

Raines eyes grew glazed with the memory of all the deaths. There ha been so many that tried to help, so many faces in her dreams. She focused in on the Jedi's face once again.

"Would his be another?" Raine shook her head in sadness, in denial of what she knew was to come. "Yes, Master Fett I'm ready whenever you are." With that she followed...

Raven Callador
Jan 28th, 2002, 01:25:19 AM
Ravens eyes narrowed as she watched her sister walk away with the man. She had thought her sister would leave or get a room by herself. Raven wondered just what she was up to. "You would think the little fool would have learned her lesson by now not to involve others." Raven glowered after the retreating figures. She did not want to have to kill innocents but she would if they got in the way of doing what she had to.

Raven began to follow behind, wanting to see where they went. She watched her eyes wary of anyone tracking her movements.
"You will be mine little sister sooner or later I will have you. No one will stand in my way." Raven growled under her breath...

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 28th, 2002, 11:58:17 AM
Oran and Raine departed the bar quickly and began walking down the bustling streets outside. The Jedi Master stood astride the one whom he was guarding, glancing down at her on occasion.

As they walked, he spoke to the one who was following them through the Force.

"You really should work on your covert skills, Raven. I suggest you back off. Now. Or else you will be joining your sister in her bloody end."

Raven Callador
Jan 28th, 2002, 08:24:40 PM
Raven recoiled from the voice in her mind, not the words but the fact that a force user had entered her mind. It always left her feeling dirty.
Raven scowled she should have figured that her sister would be among her own kind. Even though the force user knew she was there, she still followed. Her joy of taking her sisters life would not be taken. It made her curious as to why this man wanted to kill Raine. Perhaps he worked for the monsters that killed her parents.

"Then I will have your blood to as well as hers, force user. Do not underestimate me. Raven growled under her breath. There was nothing that would stop her from having her vengeance, she had waited to long for this moment and she could be patient if she had to be.

"You will pay Raine for leaving them to there deaths, and it will be my hand that takes your life." Raven thought bitterly as he followed the two...

Strider
Jan 29th, 2002, 02:32:54 AM
A few minutes later after Raine, Vega, and Raven had left the bar, a small skinny man walked in. He sat down at Strider's table and looked at him squarly in the face.
I'm here, now what is it you requested of me, I have an hour until the next broadcast..., the man continued on and on until Strider felt that the only way to shut him up was to cut his throat wide open, rip out his liver, and wring it for a nice drink. But a different idea came to mind. Strider ordered two shots of the dreadfull wiskey. He then slipped a small pill into one glass. He handed the druged glass to the producer who was ranting and raving about rating share, market share, and who he had shared his bedroom with last night. Drink Strider said interrupting the producer, and let your cares fly away. The producer drunk it down in one gulp. He continued to rant and rave about how people were always telling him to tone it down when suddenly he began to sway back and forth, babbling about anything on his mind.

A few seconds later to Strider's delight the man stopped talking, and fell forward onto the table. Infact he fell so hard that he cut his head on the edge of the table, and a small stream of blood fell from his forehead. Many amaized patrions looked puzzled at Strider, the producer, and the bloody table.Well doctors say that complaining is bad for your health.Strider said with a small sense of relief. As he helped the man sit up right, he took off the knocked out producer a small data pad, much like the one the Sith Lord masquraiding as a Jedi had given him. It contained codes for the holonet, a good communications system that spanned the galaxy. In return for such a good gift, he gave the producer Vega's data pad containing the information Vega had given him. He wondered how the GJO would react to such a mystery. But ofcourse it might take a bigger flare then this one to attract attention. So Strider leaned forward and spoke into the man's ear. <font color=red>You are to contact the GJO, at all costs and bring them here</font> If there were any force users in the bar, they would of felt a dark presence there for a second, but it would then pass away. "Strange,"Strider thought to himself, "it seems that I would help this girl and corner an enemy here as well, although I know that Jedi Master Fett won't like being set up. When all this is over, he will figure out what is really going on."

Raine Callador
Jan 29th, 2002, 08:46:40 PM
Raine stumbled along side the large man. Her legs barely able to keep up with his long strides. She uttered not a word. Her head hung, her breath gasping with pain. Her side burned. There was a small trail of blood behind her. Her wound had opened wide as she pushed herself to keep up.

If she had not been so weary, so used to cutting herself off from the force she would have felt her sisters hate. She would have realized this man was not what he said. Her small hand clutched at her sword, that she had grabbed on the way out, for comforts sake. She would fight to the death if cornered but she feared she had pushed to hard this time and if they came she would not be able to fight or run. Raine wondered if she was going to be able to keep the promise she made to avenge her parents. Tears trickled unchecked down her cheeks.

Vega Van-Derveld
Feb 2nd, 2002, 06:29:24 AM
"Come get me, little girl."

Vega glanced down at Raine and patted her lightly on the shoulder, slowing the pace at which he walked.

"Do not worry... you are safe."

Raine Callador
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:45:25 PM
Raine looked up at the man. "Why are you helping me Fett? Cant you feel what's inside me? Cant you see the hate my family has harbored for force users?" Raine fired her questions at him in a gasp. She desperately needed answers. There was so much danger to her life now. She never knew who to trust anymore, and she wanted so much to be able to trust again.

"If I cant trust my own sister, how can I trust anyone.?" She thought o herself. As she looked to him she tentatively opened herself to the force Suddenly she gasped, feeling her sister, feeling the hate that was directed at her. Raine had meant to open herself to "Fett" but instead her sisters dark thoughts washed over her.

Raine stopped turning in a circle she reached her hand out to her protector. "She is here and that means the others aren't far behind. She will try to kill me and I cannot fight them all right now." She moaned in a low voice. "She will follow us, she will not let me rest." Raines eyes looked at Fett with utter desperation. "Is there no where you can take me that is safe?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Feb 3rd, 2002, 06:03:17 AM
"I am helping you-"

Her hand shot out towards him as panic washed over her. He feigned a deep look of concern, shooting a panning glance about the area for her sister - who, unknown to Raine, he had been speaking to through the Force for some time now.

"I can feel her also. Quick," he absently pulled Seraphim, his lightsaber, into his right hand, "We must find cover."

He began to jog, keeping his pace at a minimum so that Raine would be able to keep up.

"In the morning I will be able to take you back to the Jedi Order, you will be safe from harm's way, there. In the mean time, this apartment of Striders may have to do."

Raven Callador
Feb 4th, 2002, 06:58:27 PM
Raven growled when they took off in a run. She could see her sister struggling to keep up with the big man. She began to wonder just what they were up to. Glancing around the streets, her eyes sought the monsters she was sure her sister must have felt.

Ravens eyes narrowed as she watched them turn into a building. "She must have felt me near." Raven cursed under her breath. She had been trying to exhaust her sister with this chase to catch her off guard. So she was to weakened to call on her evil powers. Raven gritted her teeth and started toward the entrance. Watching carefully for anyone following her and for whatever traps the two she tracked might have laid...

The Slithe
Feb 5th, 2002, 03:31:22 AM
There came a hot breath, a craning of a large cable like neck as the Slithe looked down on his prey. One running, one chasing. He licked his lips and jumped from the roof falling two stories, three, then four landing softly in the shadows without a sound. He was back before the masters presence. "Masssster I have found them the wild hunt begins again." Raolin hissed. "Go and bring back the relic, do not fail me." The Ancient spoke.

"No, Masssster, Raolin will not fail, I'll call the wild hunt Masssster the hunting pack will assemble." Raolin turned away from the Ancient. He was larger than his brethren. At least 10 feet tall and had risen to power among the ranks of the Slithe. Calling his lesser brethren to him he readied the dark hounds. The great chase was to begin. Raolin smiled, no one would survive this time.

Raine Callador
Feb 12th, 2002, 08:16:46 PM
Raine felt them arrive. They came in a hunting pack and she had not yet rested or recovered from her wound. She looked bleakly at her would be savior. She knew she was putting his life in danger by staying with him. Turning to him her eyes sad, her voice hollow with grief. Raine knew she could die this day, but she was not willing to have someone else die with her if she could help it.

"Thank you." Was all she said as she turned and ran down the street before her. It took everything she had to gather speed but this time she called on the force to aid her. She needed it at this moment she knew more than ever...

The Slithe
Feb 18th, 2002, 05:55:02 PM
The pack poured out of the shadows like writhing snakes. The Large wolf like hunting dogs pulled in two directions. Both sisters scents were hot, the wolves yanked at there leashes. There Smell filled the packs nostrils. Bloodlust took over and the wild hunt began. Raolin went for the older sister. She had killed his Kinbrother and she would pay.

Raven Callador
Feb 18th, 2002, 11:01:42 PM
Ravens eyes widened in surprise as she watched her sister turn and run. "What in the bloody frell was she up to now." Raven cursed. Looking behind her she noticed the shadows looked strange. "So they had arrived, well you may escape them little sister but you will not escape me." Raven muttered as she took off after Raine.

Raven pulled her sword from its sheath as she ran, crossing the street to avoid her sisters would be helper. Raven knew it wouldn't do her any good to involve him in the mess that was about to happen...

Lord Soth
Feb 21st, 2002, 11:22:32 PM
There was one other that watched Raine Callador with great interest and intent. His dark form was well hidden in the fold's of the black cold shadow's and that of the recess's of the Dark-Side it's self. His fierce crimson eye's hung in the inky blackness of the alley as Raine ran by. She was the one. It was the force signature he had been tracking for some time. And by the look's of it, there were others also interested in the woman. Soth had to get to her first. What Raine had in her possession was of great importance to the Death Knight,...And he would stop at nothing in retaining it for himself!

She would come to him, like a moth to the flame. He would give to her the protection and safety she so desperately sought after. He would comfort the dark dreaded fear that she felt day after day, night after night...The fear that she wished release from, but was always out of her reach. However, there would be a high price for his services. It was always so when a Creature of the Damned called!