PDA

View Full Version : A little way too big question

Masta Blasta y
Jan 5th, 2002, 12:27:06 AM
How do I buy ships?

I was thinking that you go into shipyards, but when I got there, I saw that only about one person was poster per faction. Also, it would be nice to know how to research the technology for an incredibly large ship (twice the size of the Executor II) That would take an extra long time to build, assuming I had the credits. Thank you for your assistance.

Varlon Konrad
Jan 5th, 2002, 12:44:52 AM
Larger ships like that typically aren't being sold to individuals, and anything larger than a SSD or wielding a Superlaser/Galaxy Gun/etc. requires a 90 day RP period.

On a side note, can I humbly request that you don't link directly to Gundamproject, instead using your own web host to link to for images. Burke's original Mechadomain Mk. II had to close due to bandwidth issues (caused mostly from remote linking).

Morgan Evanar
Jan 5th, 2002, 01:06:08 AM
Welcome to SWFans: Land of strange people, solid roleplayers and furious out of character (OOC) debates. We're a big, slightly disfunctional group but deep down we all prolly love each other (or something).

Fleet stuff is the area where we have absolutely the most rules.

Varlon is pretty knowlegeable on them, and he prolly has a link to the Fleet roleplaying FAQ.

I'm not certain, but I think Galaxy Guns are flat outlawed.

Moltar
Jan 5th, 2002, 01:27:49 AM
Just like Family Ties, but with Chain Saws!!!

Orig. Sin Lance Casey
Jan 5th, 2002, 01:31:47 AM
I'd watch that.

Moltar
Jan 5th, 2002, 01:33:41 AM
So would everybody else....

Face it this entire board is on TV!

Aaron Belargic
Jan 5th, 2002, 01:34:49 AM
It would be a good idea to ask Varlon, Viscera, or one of our Moderators about these rules for assistance.

Moltar
Jan 5th, 2002, 01:38:19 AM
Sanis and Peirce are the Mods that can help you out in that department, as well as Var and Vis.

EDIT:-You beat me by four minutes. Congradulations! Have a Cookie...

Darth Vader
Jan 5th, 2002, 10:45:18 AM
I believe there was a discussion about the max size of personal builds a few weeks back. Something on the lines of nothing over 2000 meters, although my memory is failing me this morning.

Darth Viscera
Jan 5th, 2002, 12:05:22 PM
Unfortunately, the discussion turned out to be desultory on the topic of customers purchasing warships.

Ships less than or equal to 2000 meters in length can be built according to the 250 meters/day rule at Customer or Military shipyards. If the ship is larger than 2,000 meters, and it is a 12,800 meter long Super-class Star Destroyer, it may be constructed using the 250m/day rule. If the ship is larger than 2,000 meters and is NOT a 12,800meter SSD, you must RP its construction for 90 days, during which 1 shipyard will be occupied and thus can build nothing else.

Meda Blasta b
Jan 6th, 2002, 02:00:08 AM
The only thing my brother and I needed was how to buy an X-wing or the equivelant.

Masta Blasta y
Jan 6th, 2002, 02:07:08 AM
The Super-Cap would come way later. The maximum that I'd want right now is a frigate, but even thats a little big for my character right now. A small-medium freighter would work best. How do we get those?

My guess now is that I buy them while in a story mode, or just say how I bought it in a story mode. But, I'm open to suggestions.

Severen Morkonis
Jan 6th, 2002, 05:58:22 PM
^_~

Varlon Konrad
Jan 6th, 2002, 06:38:10 PM
Sieken, please don't go spamming topics because you felt like getting some word (or in this case, a stupid face) in edgewise.