PDA

View Full Version : Maps

Khan Surak
Jan 4th, 2002, 06:10:57 PM
Is there a certain galaxy map that we all use? I don't want to be left in the dark here and I'm reading these threads and they don't correspond to my map at all. On the wall in front of me is the SWGamer's Map of the galaxy. I'd say that is the accurate one, but I was wondering what map everyone else uses.

Alpha
Jan 4th, 2002, 06:30:36 PM
I think some of us use the ones from the NJO series of books...

Khan Surak
Jan 4th, 2002, 06:42:44 PM
Yes. They're the same maps, but SWG has more planets. Anyway, this came to my attention when I was reading,"Hit an Miss: Shots in the Dark". I mean no offense Daegal, but your comment confused me. You said,"Set course to, Obroa-Skai, near the planet Fondor." Now, Obroa-Skai is halfway across the galaxy from Fondor, so something is wrong. I asked for this some time ago, but I was not heeded. I propose a map be taken from a book or poster of the SW Galaxy, and put on SWFans. The map would be graphically colored to form territories and barriers between the factions and groups. It would, I think, simplify the rpg of invasions and all that.

Varlon Konrad
Jan 4th, 2002, 06:47:03 PM
Viscera has an outdated one somewhere.

Alpha
Jan 4th, 2002, 07:03:44 PM
The prob is finding it...

Daegal Murdoch
Jan 4th, 2002, 07:10:03 PM
Anyway, this came to my attention when I was reading,"Hit an Miss: Shots in the Dark". I mean no offense Daegal, but your comment confused me. You said,"Set course to, Obroa-Skai, near the planet Fondor." Now, Obroa-Skai is halfway across the galaxy from Fondor, so something is wrong.

Not according to the map that I was given when I started the thread.

Visc's Map (and the one that I am using for Hit and Miss) is located at

http://www16.brinkster.com/wlabiche/Galactic_map_mod.jpg

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 4th, 2002, 07:29:42 PM
I use this map:

http://lowlight.com/swmap

Varlon Konrad
Jan 4th, 2002, 09:05:05 PM
In that case, perhaps Viscera's is wrong (or mocked up for his conveniance?)

The only reason I say that, Viscera, is because I remember the big fiasco about the Viashino somehow having their planets moved from the rim into the path of TGE's conquest.

Hector Lien
Jan 4th, 2002, 09:13:20 PM
I use NJO ones.

Khan Surak
Jan 4th, 2002, 10:27:12 PM
Yeah, Jeseth. I use that one sometimes too for specifics. The map is upside down, and some sectors are in different places, but it does have a huge amount of planets in it. Hey,that's the kind of map I was looking for, Daegal, with the colors and all that. Except, a lot of the planets don't match with the NJO series or the one I have on my wall.

Darth Viscera
Jan 4th, 2002, 10:48:20 PM
I currently lack the emotional fortitude to quarrel with you over so trivial a matter, Var.

That map is about 8 months old. I don't recommend it for an RP where particularly advanced galactic map consultation is required. I'll try to whip up an updated galactic map later.

Khan Surak
Jan 4th, 2002, 10:57:18 PM
Thank you, Visc. However, after the war is over it'll need to be updated. :D

Aaron Belargic
Jan 5th, 2002, 02:03:47 AM
Varlon, please stop bashing Viscera. You always seem to feel a need to make a derogatory comment about him.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 5th, 2002, 02:06:31 AM
Everone in this thread please note this one and my comments within:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11600

Darth Viscera
Jan 5th, 2002, 12:17:27 PM
Thank you, Visc. However, after the war is over it'll need to be updated.

Yep. Although it would be nice to have a more detailed source map with which to work with. Maybe once my scanner gets here I'll make a JPEG of the map from "Balance Point".