PDA

View Full Version : Another book burning

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 2nd, 2002, 08:38:36 PM
A few months ago I put up post telling off a box burning in my town , well there has been another one in New Mexico this one with much more publicity, this is from the USA Today

As nearly 800 protesters watched in anger, members of the Christ Community Church in Alamogordo, N.M., ignited a bonfire Sunday night to burn Harry Potter and other books considered evil. Pastor Jack Brock called the Potter books "a masterpiece of satanic deception (that) teach children how they can get into witchcraft." Church members also burned works by Shakespeare and Tolkien, plus Star Wars items.

These guys are idiots not only do they burn Harry Potter which does not teach children witchcraft by the way but they burn SW items (not clear if its movies or books), Lord of the Rings, and also works of the greatest writer to ever live Shakespear, Shakespear?? What did they read there were three witches in one of his works:lol First people like these ignorant fools give Christians a bad name, most Christians do not think this way these guys are just weirdos who are no better than the ones who burned books back in Nazi Germany. I did like the fact that there were a lot of protesters and it shows most people are against these burning, I read in another article that one guy dresseed up like Hitler, I thought that was funny.

ReaperFett
Jan 2nd, 2002, 08:46:16 PM
Its so pathetic its funny :)

BUFFJEDI
Jan 2nd, 2002, 08:53:11 PM
It's people like that ,that gives religion a bad name. I wish they wouldn't do stupid things like that in the name of the Lord.Being a Christian (NOT PERFECT) it makes me more angry than you could imagine.I do think there are things people shouldn't read and or watch at the movies,tv etc.. But that's NO WAY to do it.

Jedieb
Jan 2nd, 2002, 09:13:13 PM
Book burnings?! Did they learn nothing from Footloose? :evil

BUFFJEDI
Jan 2nd, 2002, 10:21:41 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Mu Satach
Jan 2nd, 2002, 10:38:45 PM
me thinks they've missed the finer points of being in the world but not of the world...

*sigh*

right thinking will be rewarded... wrong thinking will be punished... conform, conform to the norm...

Hart
Jan 2nd, 2002, 11:09:35 PM
I think a town in Mexico, under the guidance of it's Church, banned Harry Potter.

Darth23
Jan 3rd, 2002, 12:24:12 AM
I thought New Mexico was a New Agey mecca.

That tons of Cali flakes (;)) have relocated there.

Mu Satach
Jan 3rd, 2002, 01:41:05 PM
No the mass migration of 1990's was to Salt Lake...