PDA

View Full Version : ooc: about custom titles...

Han Skywalker
Jan 2nd, 2002, 09:47:22 AM
i'm not sure who does them or if they are done, but if they are, i want Jedi knight of GJO for mine

thanks

Varlon Konrad
Jan 2nd, 2002, 01:57:01 PM
We don't have Custom Titles here at the main SWFans.net board :) Instead we get spiffy little stars!

Morgan Evanar
Jan 2nd, 2002, 01:57:04 PM
O_o

There are no custom titles on this board and never will be.

Its been debated, and decided as unwanted. Sorry man.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 2nd, 2002, 05:11:07 PM
Morgan is correct.

Hector Lien
Jan 2nd, 2002, 05:18:58 PM
We need more star colors for a different level.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 2nd, 2002, 05:21:13 PM
Originally posted by Hector Lien
We need more star colors for a different level. The problem with different colors, is finding ones that work with the 20 or so different style sets that we have here.

Jedah Lynch
Jan 3rd, 2002, 12:17:44 AM
Colors for different levels?

The colors for ordinary posters, mods and admins each being different can understand since it shows who is who especially if they have a problem and need to contact a mod or admin but colors for various levels doesn't seem to be that great an idea.

Maybe dont care to have my name in a colorful tone is all.

Whatever the case the stars are good enough.

The number of CT's being asked to be made/changed here would just be too much for the folks who run the place to handle constantly due to the massive number of registered people.

Maybe instead of just stars could have other symbols to replace them like green clovers, yellow moons and oh wait....forget that thought.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 3rd, 2002, 12:54:40 AM
They'll be no goddamned lucky charms in my Star Wars!

Aaron Belargic
Jan 3rd, 2002, 01:29:05 AM
I like lucky charms. Do you have a problem with that, Morgan?

TheHolo.Net
Jan 3rd, 2002, 01:31:15 AM
I shall horde the four leaf clovers. >D

Morgan Evanar
Jan 3rd, 2002, 02:18:23 AM
So long as you stay the hell away from my Star Wars when you have them, no. You may eat your lucky charms in peace.

Jedah Lynch
Jan 4th, 2002, 10:21:19 AM
If StormTroopers used clovers they may have had more luck in hitting their targets alas....

Hart
Jan 4th, 2002, 05:24:48 PM
And some more protection than plastic armor. Can anyone tell me what their armor armored them from? Seeing? Moving, maybe?

Morgan Evanar
Jan 4th, 2002, 11:12:53 PM
Yeah. Stormtrooper armor should have been better. And the are suspposed to be like the USMC: Badass... =p

Jeebus I can't type when my hands are cold.

Khan Surak
Jan 5th, 2002, 12:12:06 AM
Eh, they're made out of plastisteel. And it deflects projectile slugs, most stun weapons, and basically protects the body from physcial weapons. It's like asking why infantry wore helmets in the mid 20th century. It rarely stopped bullets, but it was necessary for protection. One of those,"Don't ask, you'll just make it more complicated" kind of things. Like aardvarks.

Nupraptor
Jan 5th, 2002, 12:18:22 AM
From what I read, they were supposed to provide environmental protection. Basically, the suits let Stormtroopers go through Poison Ivy without worry. =P

Varlon Konrad
Jan 5th, 2002, 12:50:11 AM
And it's supposed to make good riot gear. But the Ewoks proved that wrong when they managed to beat the crap out of Stormies with bows, slingshots, bolos, and every day rocks :|