PDA

View Full Version : Macabre Musings: Redefining the Darkness

imported_Dara Shadowtide
Jan 2nd, 2002, 03:05:05 AM
:: Sith Lordess Dara Shadowtide Rayial had summoned her two Sith Knight apprentices and instructed them to meet her at her personal ship, a CR-90 Corellian Corvette named the Resilience, immediately. Told only to pack what they needed, the Lordess gave an evil grin pondering what they would think to bring with them at such short notice. Ever mindful of testing her apprentices, Dara knew that whatever the two brought with them would not be what they took away from this upcoming session.

Gathering the last of her supplies for the trip, Dara made her way to the docking bay. She nodded to various Sith Empire personnel along the way and then ascended the ramp and stowed the gear in the travel compartments behind the main command cabin. Preflight checks were underway by her onboard droid crew, and it was only a matter of time before the three left on their journey. Glancing at her chronometer, Dara walked back down the ramp and waited for Dyne Darkforce and Athena Lady Darknss ::

Nayala Palain
Jan 2nd, 2002, 02:38:09 PM
Athena was informed of her masters orders and she ran from her quarters within TSE's HQ. She only grabbed her saber and left for her masters ship. She reached the docking bay and noticed her Master standing near her ship.

Athena made her way across the steel floor as her boots clanked against the metal. Behind Athena her cloak swayed as she walked. Upon reaching her Master, Athena knelt low upon her right knee and placed her right arm on her left knee...

" you sent for me Master?"

Dyne Darkforce
Jan 2nd, 2002, 11:56:32 PM
Dyne was in his quarters at TSE, simply sitting there while looking outside his balcony. A starry night looked down upon him as he sat there. The doors were open, letting the breeze flow into the room. He was wearing his usual dark hooded cloak, contemplating to himself. Dyne was one to not speak much unless it was actually needed. He closed his eyes momentarily, feeling a message come to him from Dara. She had something planned for him and Athena and wanted him to come to her personal ship. Interesting that she was calling for them right now, he was curious as to what it would be. Getting to his feet, the bottom of his cloak barely touched the cold floor. He approached the counter nearby, opening a delicately designed box.

Two lightsabre metallic handles rested within the box, ready for Dyne to grip. These sabres were his soul as was the Dark Side of the Force, all he needed for the trip. She ordered them to bring whatever they wanted and this is all he needed. He picked the two sabres out of their resting place. Hooking the two to his weapons belt, Dyne brought his cloak back around, covering them from sight. He waved his finger, closing both the box and doors to his balcony at once. The breeze within the room quickly subsided as the doors closed. Putting the hood over his head, Dyne began to walk towards his door. His droid came to him, and asked if anything was needed of him. He ordered his droid to go into the quarters and switch off temporarily until he was back again. The droid complied, going into the room as the door slid shut behind him.

The Knight began to head for the ship's resting place, knowing that Athena had probably already arrived there. She was one to make haste, unlike him. Then again, that was Dyne's precise style, to be the last there. He didnt like to make too much out of his arrival. Walking down the cold corridor, his foot steps echoed somewhat. Every so often a few droids and HQ personel walked by him. Dyne was not phased, as they saluted him while walking by. The Knight simply nodded to them after their show of respect. His eyes glowed slightly under the hood as they normally did when he was concentrating on the Dark Side. His focus was vital for him when anything of importance was coming up. Dyne performed better in anything when he put his total focus into it.

Within minutes, Dyne arrived at the doorways leading to the docking place of Dara's personal ship. Placing his palm on the datapad, it recognized his body signature. The datapad system made a few sounds of recognition before opening the door. He walked in, slowly making his way down the pathway. Dyne saw the majestic ship which belonged to his Master. He then saw Dara and Athena awaiting for him. Dyne approached them as last minute preperations were being made to her ship. The ship got larger as he approached closer and closer. The ship was elegant as well, nothing less. He bowed his head to Dara then Athena, both bows in respect. He didnt ask what she had summoned them for, as they would find out soon anyway.

"Sorry to keep you waiting."

imported_Dara Shadowtide
Jan 6th, 2002, 04:04:36 AM
:: Dara nodded to Athena and motioned for her to rise, and then smiled at Dyne. Impressed that her two apprentices arrived promptly and that they may be underway for the journey even sooner, she looked at them both once again before speaking ::

"Hello Athena and Dyne. I am pleased you could both make it on such short notice. Both of you are very skilled in the darkness and I have devised some additional exercises to refine and expand those abilities. I want you to push yourselves like you never have before, for only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly. We will be travelling to a location which will be revealed upon arrival. So, if you will go stow your gear and prepare for takeoff, we will be on our way."

:: She gestured for them to ascend the ramp and then followed them into the ship. Depressing a button on the panel, the ramp slowly closed and Dara made her way to the command chair to do a systems check before liftoff. As the Lordess sat down in the seat, she smiled at things to come and then returned her attention to the last of the onboard checks as panels flashed various readings before her ::

Nayala Palain
Jan 6th, 2002, 06:12:52 AM
Athena made her way onto the ship after she stood from her kneeling postion to her Master. She took a seat in a soft leathery chair in the back of the ship. She looked over at Dyne and smiled. The two were good friends and it was interesting that she was now the same rank as he.

Athena never spoke durring the trip nor wondered where Master Shadowtide was taking the two. She figured she would learn when it happened.

Dyne Darkforce
Jan 9th, 2002, 01:04:44 PM
Walking inside the ship, he sat himself down, across from Athena. The knight strapped himself into the seat and leaned back slightly. He gave Athena a slight nod before facing in front of him. Dyne crossed his arms as the ship began to lift-off and head to their direction. Still remaining rather quiet, he closed his eyes. Dyne sinked into a meditative state in the Dark Side. She had said to push themselves more then they ever have in the past. This was getting to be a rather interesting situation indeed.

imported_Dara Shadowtide
Jan 13th, 2002, 07:03:06 AM
:: Once the ship was en route to their destination, Dara put the ship on auto pilot and made her way back to where her two apprentices were seated. The Lordess sat down and nodded to both Sith Knights ::

"I am pleased that you both could join me on this journey. It has been some time since I have been able to speak with you both on matters of the darkness."

:: Dara paused momentarily as though taken back in time ::

"I find myself reminded of when you both progressed through your initial training sessions with me, and I know you both have grown in prowess and skill since that time. With the benefit of some experience behind you, I now ask a question I asked in your very first session with me.. what is the Dark Side to you?"

:: The Lordess looked at Dyne and then to Athena, awaiting their responses ::

Nayala Palain
Jan 15th, 2002, 10:05:58 PM
Athena knew her Master wanted to hear a well put together answer something with Thought and wisdom behind it. Closeing her eyes she thought of it...

" Our way of life, power, and the path we were all born to follow. The Darkness is what has brought us here. Taken us places, and Empowered our bodies. The one reason we are alive today. The darkness is not a solo thing nor a grand many of things. But the only thing that one of our kind can not live with out. "

Athena figured her Answer would not please her Master. But it was what the darkness had become for Athena.

Dyne Darkforce
Feb 16th, 2002, 06:44:30 PM
Dyne had been through a lot since he came to the Sith Empire. His whole personality and looks went through a metamorphisis change. Even though he had experienced much and went through a lot of trials, one thing he knew for sure from all that. The knight knew what the Dark Side meant to him. it wasnt hard at all to think about it. He was in so deep into the teachings and the Dark Side itself, there was only one thing it could mean to him. He was wiser now of course and even more powerful. Dyne was just better overall now.

As Athena spoke to Master Dara of her answer, he quietly listened. It was a good answer indeed and he was impressed with Athena. She progressed quick as well, one could only imagine what she will be able to do in the future. Dara nodded to Athena then looked towards his direction. Dyne turned his attention to her as well. He didnt say anything for a few moments, as Athena looked at him a bit perplexed. After the brief period of time, he said one word.

"Life..."

That one word released from his lips to the two of them before he became quiet again. Dyne was sure they would figure out what he meant with his rather simple answer. He leaned back into his seat, looking at his master. He awaited what she had to say to him for his reply. It did dawn upon him if she was going to be satisfied with the answer or not. Though, that one word itself was extremely deep then a number of words could explain. Thats all the Dark Side was to him now since he was in as far as he was.

imported_Dara Shadowtide
Mar 1st, 2002, 02:07:19 AM
:: Dara nods as they each share their answers. It had been a while since she had an opportunity like this to speak with them on such a personal level ::

"Excellent answers, my apprentices. The Dark Side can be many things to many people, however to me it will always be the ultimate source of power in the galaxy as we strive to achieve all we can in the name of the Sith Empire."

:: She pauses before continuing and then looks at Dyne and then Athena ::

"There are certain inherent emotions which contribute to the various levels of darkness in a person: Fear, Anger, Hatred, Suffering, Pride, Aggression, Vengeance, Greed, Jealousy, and even Love. Which of those do you hold as the most important factors in defining the person you have become today?"

Dyne Darkforce
Mar 25th, 2002, 05:32:18 PM
"I believe all of them contribute at one point or another..."

He formed a grin upon his face, still wanting to explain where he was getting at. Dyne glanced at Athena then towards Dara, wondering if his statement was confusing or not. Thinking for a moment, he wanted to go in deeper and tell them what he meant.

"I suppose what I am saying is that in being a Sith, all those emotions will contribute to your personality sooner or later. It is an overall collection of all."

Dyne leaned back into his seat again, realizing he didnt totally answer the question his master had asked. He looked down at the floor, knowing that all of those had at one point in time affected him. Dara did have the ability to ask interesting questions.

"I believe that was the case with me in being a Sith."

Nayala Palain
Mar 27th, 2002, 12:10:04 AM
What her Master had asked was simi privet for Athena to talk about. But then who better the talk to it with then her Master??

Fear: " Fear is what makes us alive, its something that makes us notice we can be hurt. "

Anger: " Anger, Anger is what drives us. Something we all need. "

Hatred: " Simple really, your liying to yourself if you say you dont feel it. "

Suffering: " We enjoy watching other suffer. "

Pride: " The honor of all our hard work, like our blades from you Master. "

Aggression: " The one things that makes each one of us different. We all have a different amount of Aggression. "

Vengeance: " Another reality check for us. "

Jealousy: " Everyone has something someone else wants. "

Love: " The one true feeling. "

" Master I dont think I have answered yoru question properly. But each emotion takes us to a new level of power. "

imported_Dara Shadowtide
Apr 21st, 2002, 05:06:04 PM
:: Dara raised an eyebrow, impressed once again with their answers. These two apprentices never surprised her in their steadfast dedication to the Empire and to the darkness ::

"During your early training you learned how to wield beginning Dark Side powers and have grown in your skills over time. What Dark Side powers intrigue you the most now, and would you like to eventually learn to wield?"