PDA

View Full Version : Oregon ANNIHILATES Colorado

JonathanLB
Jan 1st, 2002, 07:46:22 PM
Hahahahahahahahahaha.

All of you fools who thought the "hottest team in college football" was going to blow away my Ducks can THINK AGAIN!

That was THE BIGGEST BLOWOUT I HAVE EVER SEEN IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL! The CU-Nebraska game was a rout, but this was just goddamn embarrassing!

CU bent over and took it up the rear all game long. It was the worst performance I have seen in years in any sport since the Blazers blew their 15 point lead vs. the Lakers.

CU is the worst running team I have ever seen. 1.6 yards per carry?! They are terrible! Their passing was arguably even worse. They threw three interceptions and a ton of other LOUSY passes nowhere near the receiver.

WHO is the best QB in the nation? JOEY HARRINGTON. Anyone who doesn't agree obviously just doesn't follow college football or didn't see today's game or any of the Ducks' other games. Harrington WILL go first pick in the NFL draft and will command far more money than either Carr or Crouch. I really like Crouch too, he is a great young man and a good QB, but he is nothing near as good as Harrington, who is one of the best college quarterbacks I have ever seen. Period.

The Ducks today showed why CU DID NOT DESERVE to be playing for any national championship. The Ducks are the best team in college football and if they had a chance to play Miami they would have proved it. I wish they still could play, but now I will just hope for those losers at Nebraska to play.

Oh, and as for arguments I've had with several people on AIM and other places about Nebraska vs. Oregon. Puh-lease! Nebraska WOULD NOT STAND A CHANCE! They would absolutely be blown away by at least 21. It wouldn't even be a game. It would be like watching high school players versus the 49ers. It would just be painfull. Nebraska couldn't even beat the way overrated CU team, in fact they suffered their worst loss ever, yet Oregon annihilated them. Any computer simulation, anyone who watches football knows who would win that head-to-head game. Why? BECAUSE OREGON IS BETTER! Duh. They just showed that today. If I was a betting man, I'd think I would want at least 21 points if I was going to pick Nebraska over Oregon, if they played.

Watch Miami have a lot of fun with them. Probably about 75 to 7. I hope to God I am wrong, I really do, and I am a HUGE Nebraska fan now thanks to the Ducks' victory, but I wouldn't give Nebraska a snowball's chance in hell of winning the Rose Bowl.

Regardless, Oregon is the greatest team in college football this year. They showed why today. GO DUCKS. 'Nuff said.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 1st, 2002, 09:06:25 PM
First I must say Oregon was really impressive and I have to agree with you that Harrington is the best QB in college football (he should have won the hiesman over Couch) still I disagree with you about Colorado's running game, it was impressive all year and that is what impressed me about Oregon was the way that they shut down their running attack. Now I am hoping (it might not happen) that Nebraska will somehow beat Miami leaving a split national championship and causing controversty with the BCS. Regardless though I think its obvious that Oregon should have played Miami and its evident in the way they beat Colorado.

Darth23
Jan 2nd, 2002, 12:01:17 AM
Um... Biggest Blowout? A 22 point win?

I guess Pac 10 people are starved for dominant teams. ;)

JonathanLB
Jan 2nd, 2002, 12:09:57 AM
Did you watch the game?

A game that is 21-0 is much more of a blowout than a game that is 45-20, despite a larger point difference, or do you disagree with that? At least the team that scored 20 points DID have some offense, they just didn't have any luck scoring the points they needed and their defense gave up too much, while the team that scored 0 and let up 21 had neither a good offense nor a good defense and really didn't even show up, yet they only lost by 21 and the other team by 25. So which was the bigger blowout? We could take a poll, but I definitely think most people would agree that when one team cannot even generate much offense, it's a bigger blowout than the score may show.

As I said, did you watch the game?! Oregon was ahead 38-7 dude. They just ran the clock from that point on and let CU have 9 points, but it took CU a long time to get those 3 points to make it 38-10, which was great for Oregon because it took a lot of time off the game clock, then the final TD came in the meaningless last few minutes. Try to find one AP report or any other report that even mentions the final TD that CU scored. I read 8 reports so far, from MSNBC.com and ESPN.com I believe, oh and I guess another few on other news sites, yet not one of them mentioned that CU scored a TD at the end of game. Why? Because it was meaningless.

It was a 28 point blowout until an unearned TD in the final few minutes and obviously that doesn't matter because it didn't put CU any closer to winning, which is the objective...

It was truly a massacre. I watched the entire Nebraska vs. CU game and it was not even close to this bad. I mean, CU really ran over those guys, but Crouch had an excellent day. Go look at his stats for that day and you'll see their offense didn't play that poorly, still scored over 30, but the defense just lost that game for them. It was a massive rout, no doubt about it obviously, but CU got routed much worse by Oregon.

In the PAC-10, Darth, we are used to excellence as our conference is the strongest in college football, so regardless of what dream world you live in, back here in reality we get to see plenty of exciting games and blow outs ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 2nd, 2002, 12:32:46 AM
Darth, Jon is right there Oregon did dominate them, even the announcers said and ESPN called it that, maybe it was not the biggest blowout ever but it was still an impressive win over a team a lot of people thought was better, I think Colorado was even favored.

Darth23
Jan 2nd, 2002, 01:20:58 AM
I didn't saw that they didn't dominate the game, I'm just
questioning the 'biggest blowout in college football' thing.

I saw bits and pieces of the game. but the fact remains that the score was 38-16. I think what Hawaii did to BYU a few weeks ago is much worse.