PDA

View Full Version : Split from: Hit and Miss: Shots in the Dark (In the RP forum)

Darth Viscera
Dec 31st, 2001, 08:43:32 AM
OOC: -_- I put like two hours into each post I made at "Blazing a Trail", and that was to explore two systems which contained no TSE planets JUST SO WE COULD WORK UP TO DEPLOYING THE PROBE DROIDS INTO TSE SPACE! So if you don't mind, don't belittle an honest effort with so undetailed and half-assed a post.

Jedah Lynch
Dec 31st, 2001, 09:29:14 AM
Happiness Tip: Just because you spent two hours writing up a post doesnt mean someone else well so dont bother to bitch about it if you dont like it. Especially if it may have nothing to do with you.

Besides this was just an intro post that will be expanded as seen fit. An Admin or mod may feel free to delete these meaningless OOC post when read this so that the Rping will not be impeded against.

Thankupo.

Darth Viscera
Dec 31st, 2001, 09:55:29 AM
OOC: So long as you do intend to put actual effort into this, I withdraw my complaint.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 31st, 2001, 12:15:01 PM
Please keep OOC conversations in their appropriate place.

Darth Viscera
Dec 31st, 2001, 12:18:36 PM
righto.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 31st, 2001, 12:36:45 PM
Thanks. :)

Varlon Konrad
Dec 31st, 2001, 12:43:54 PM
Viscera, I would kindly like to ask that you don't complain about how long it took you to do a post versus how long it took for the player of the Probe Droid to do theirs. Had they intended that single post to be the entire thread, I'm quite sure they would have done more, that is the logical thought process on the matter, is it not? I don't recall members of the TSE fleet command ever whining about your one-paragraph posts that you occasionally do, so please, don't do it to us unless you want the same criticism. After all, the saying goes "Do unto others as you want others to do unto you."

I thank you for your time, Diktat.

Khendon Sevon
Dec 31st, 2001, 12:59:41 PM
Varlon, I believe you have lost the meaning of the Diktat’s words. As I see it, Viscera’s words mean that to lack quality and quantity in a search for any Imperial installations or planetary bodies would be seen as mocking the time consuming thread developed and played through by Viscera, himself, and as such would be responded to as nothing more than blatant disrespect which would, if it were you or anyone, cause one to believe the other is being a firebrand and thus either be ignored or challenged in some way. From my eyes, it seems that he is warning you to this for your own betterment and you should not feel that he is being short with you or complaining, as far as my sight is, you’re the one complaining.

Just my opinion on the matter.

Darth Viscera
Dec 31st, 2001, 01:50:40 PM
You may kindly ask until you turn purple from asphyxiation; at last check my right to complain has not been revoked. I chose to exercise my right to complain about that squalid, nondescript initiating post, and my only regret is that I did not complain about it in the designated forum, for which I apologize.

I don't recall members of the TSE fleet command ever whining about your one-paragraph posts that you occasionally do

Would you care to give that statement some solid foundation, or would you prefer to continue typing out of your ass? I've certainly never been so neglectful of a post of such gravity.

don't do it to us unless you want the same criticism.

HA! I receive criticism either way. It seems to me I have nothing to lose.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 31st, 2001, 02:03:42 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Viscera
Would you care to give that statement some solid foundation, or would you prefer to continue typing out of your ass? I've certainly never been so neglectful of a post of such gravity. A little more tactful tone would be appreciated. Remarks that can be taken as insults are not appreciated or condoned here, and can result in banning if done on a regular basis.

Darth Viscera
Dec 31st, 2001, 02:16:50 PM
I promise to be more respectful to Varlon when he reciprocates. He consistently refers to "one-paragraph posts" and "pulling a fast one" and things of that nature, and it makes me mad. I'm fully aware that in the first couple of months that I RP'ed at swfans.net, I was mostly ignorant of the broad range of rules. I'm fully aware that I made a fool of myself by posting four simultaneous planetary takeover threads in which I professed to take over a planet in one sentence. I think back to that, and it makes me shiver. I certainly don't need Varlon following me around, reminding me of every single mistake I've made in the past. I'm fully aware of even the most minute embarassments, moreso than anyone realizes. So please Varlon, give me a break.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 31st, 2001, 02:18:53 PM
BTW: I do agree to the statment I quoted, but would just prefer it be less inflamitory in nature. Thanks for listening. :)

Flame wars suck. :(

Darth Viscera
Dec 31st, 2001, 02:22:05 PM
Yes, they do suck, and I apologize to Varlon for any personal hurt or insult I may have caused him with that remark, which was rude and unnecessary.

Darth Viscera
Jan 2nd, 2002, 06:43:20 AM
Amazing. There are trillions of planets in the Star Wars galaxy, and you manage to get not one but two Imperial planets on the first try. Talk about feeling in the dark.

Jedah Lynch
Jan 2nd, 2002, 06:51:23 AM
Guess thats why they call it hit and miss huh?

Besides why you so worried about?

I mean its not like we're doing anything really underhanded like sending out probes to take down an opposing force who has fewer ships, worlds and billions of soldiers or some such nonsense right?

:p

Darth Viscera
Jan 2nd, 2002, 07:11:22 AM
Guess thats why they call it hit and miss huh?

Show me this "miss" you refer to.

Now then, don't change the subject, you're confusing the readers. TSE is as blind about the location of TGE planets as vice versa. Sorry, but you'll have to stumble in the dark a bit more before you get off a series of 58 more sequential "lucky" shots.

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 2nd, 2002, 07:13:34 AM
Separation of IC and OOC information are important. Simply because Viscera is committing the underhanded IC act of attacking TSE does not justify the fact that two probe droids have a lesser chance of finding two Imperial worlds on the first try (and not getting shot down by orbital defenses), than a Star Destroyer has chances of making it through an asteroid field with its shields down being piloted by monkeys who are all too busy writing the complete works of Shakespeare to bother navigating it.

Granted, I wouldn't have a problem if persay one planet was found, and then investigated further, but unless I see a little more details in the posts I'll have to agree with Viscera and add my complaint to his.

Jedah Lynch
Jan 2nd, 2002, 07:29:25 AM
What a joke.

So your basically complaing about what we are doing that you yourselves are going to do?

Pardon if I dont laugh a bit more at you both trying to get your way but whining when someone else does the same.

So your mad that in several post that didnt take two hours or so to write that two planets out of 58 were found? If I didnt know better I would swear the "great" TGE was afraid, afraid that TSE might attack perhaps? No I don't think so, not really, trying to keep all the cards perhaps but thats it.

If your arguements were not so transparent I might agree, but as it is they are rather crystal clear in intent and purpose so try again.

Varlon Konrad
Jan 2nd, 2002, 09:00:06 AM
Viscera and Jeseth, if you would please remove your blindfold for a moment. If I recall right, TGE covers a broad expanse of the Galaxy, so getting those lucky shots is, suffice to say, quite easily done. Not only that, if I remember right, the aim of the thread was to scout out the surrounding systems that neighbor TSE space, not just a "we'll probe just here." To be honest, you two are overreacting to something so simple.

Sorry, but you'll have to stumble in the dark a bit more before you get off a series of 58 more sequential "lucky" shots.
Not really, if I remember your map right. Considering how TGE's spread out, it would be rather easy to get a few luck shots.

Show me this "miss" you refer to.
Systems that are uninhabited (which is also quite possible), hyperspace pods that end up dropping out in the wrong system/middle of nowhere because of a hyperdrive problem, etc. It's not too hard to figure that much out, Vis.

Oh, Jeseth, if the probes were shot down, it would stand out as a red flag, meaning something's in that system worth watching.

Granted, I wouldn't have a problem if persay one planet was found, and then investigated further, but unless I see a little more details in the posts I'll have to agree with Viscera and add my complaint to his.
So both you and Viscera are the ones to determine what is and what isn't valid roleplay?

DarthPoreon
Jan 2nd, 2002, 10:25:14 AM
Visc and Jeseth: let the thread flesh out more before you start complaining.

Also, on the point of TSE not having a clue where any TGE planets would be; like Var said, some of our planets are rather close to yours. Further, a lot of your planets are commonly known planets from the Emperor's Era... Planets dont just go changing cooridinates every week.

Once again, let the thread flesh out before you start complaing more.

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 2nd, 2002, 02:38:21 PM
Oh, Jeseth, if the probes were shot down, it would stand out as a red flag, meaning something's in that system worth watching.In which case, I would be ok if something like that transpired, you said yourself though that pods sometimes come out in the wrong systems and such things - and yes, TGE does cover a great deal of the map, but only because the map that's available only has the worlds which are claimed by groups, and perhaps the more popular EU planets. There are still a few more million planets out there that aren't on the map.
So both you and Viscera are the ones to determine what is and what isn't valid roleplay?No, I'm only explaining why I personally had a problem with the roleplay and am informing you about it. Other than the fact that I think the probabilities weren't really realistically RPed (according to the Star Wars Universe), I didn't find any other problem with the RP at all. It was pretty well written and a good idea, I just don't like that two planets were so easily found.
So your basically complaing about what we are doing that you yourselves are going to do?
TGE is exploring a few selected systems, we actually haven't found anything if you read the whole thread. :p

I apologize if I cam off as ignoring your argument or rude, I see your point, I just don't think it was all that realistic that you guys just found two plnets on the first try. I myself really don't care about you actually knowing where we are. :)

Oh, and I do agree with Poreon on one thing: Some of the planets are pretty commonly known and I think you do deserve those coordinates, especially since he was once a high ranking member of the Empire and probably remembers some of that clearly.

Darth Viscera
Jan 2nd, 2002, 03:58:32 PM
Jedah, download the DivX video codec: http://www.divx.com/divx/index.php (~800k download)

and then download this 492k clip. It's got Aurabesh/Huttese subtitles (very difficult to make, BTW).
http://members.home.net/wlabiche/laserbrain.avi

TheHolo.Net
Jan 2nd, 2002, 05:15:57 PM
Realism is a good thing to have, but the possibility of discovering two worlds out of so many so quickly is actually plausible as mentioned a couple of times in this thread. Realism doesn’t mean that luck can’t play a part as well.

Khendon Sevon
Jan 2nd, 2002, 09:04:49 PM
I can’t say anything good about TSE or what it's doing right now, so I won’t say anything – my mother would be proud.

imported_Firebird1
Jan 2nd, 2002, 10:29:52 PM
???

Would you like some Cheese with that wine?

Aaron Belargic
Jan 3rd, 2002, 12:29:56 AM
Well, sorry if I came off as offensive, I was a little grouchy. Honestly though like I said, my only problem is the realism factor. If they had found out every single planet that Poreon could give them, I would have been fine with it... :rollin

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 3rd, 2002, 05:53:38 AM
I know this doesn't concern me and I really should just be quiet but...

I can’t say anything good about TSE or what it's doing right now, so I won’t say anything – my mother would be proud.

:(

Look, why is this war being held? For a cool set of roleplays or to wipe out groups for OOC reasons? The former, that's cool. The lattter.... I honestly dont believe it should take place.

Gav Mortis
Jan 3rd, 2002, 08:54:33 AM
Originally posted by Marcus Q'Dunn

Look, why is this war being held? For a cool set of roleplays or to wipe out groups for OOC reasons? The former, that's cool. The lattter.... I honestly dont believe it should take place.

I completely agree.

I for one believe that this upcoming war will descend into a rut of OOC flame wars, it's already begun right here. In fact it had already begun when Viscera announced his plans to go to war against TGE.

I honestly think this war will only assist the worsening state of OOC relations in this community - I know I'm not the only one who is noticing, but it really is coming to an appauling state.

The only advice I can give is as follows: I believe this war should not take place until it is evident that the two roleplaying parties involved can communicate in a non-inflammatory manner; otherwise I'm afraid the whole planning and preparation towards this war will have been in vain.

Darth Viscera
Jan 3rd, 2002, 10:00:35 AM
IC Political reasons.

Ever since the liberation of Coruscant, there have been tens of thousands of planets which have departed from the Republic. Although they don't want to be subject to TGE attacks (thus their secession from the Republic after the Coruscant liberation), they realize that TSE rivals TGE in size and power. They don't want to get speared by the one angry man for having fed the other, you see.

And thus we have a dormant political situation which could last for centuries. And who would stand to gain from this political dormancy and stagnancy? The same government that always has-the Galactic Republic.

Thus, the only way to secure Imperial expansion for the future is to lower TSE to a state where it can hold no possible military-political sway. Neutral planets, no longer fearing retaliation, and more importantly, no longer given a choice, would then be "free" to rejoin the Empire.

No, it's not that I hate everyone at TSE so much OOC that I want to ruin their group. I'm not that petty. Well, maybe I was that petty towards Itala, but that guy ticked me off >_<, and he was mean. Ever since January of 2001 I've been having all these different thoughts for things I could do IC, only they hadn't coalesced. Like a hazy dream or something-for 11 months. Finally, 3 days ago, I was sitting on the toilet, examining the width of a piece of my rectangular snot, and my thoughts coalesced! All those neutral planets from Coruscant...Imperial expansion.

imported_Firebird1
Jan 3rd, 2002, 12:40:45 PM
What crank have you been smoking, and why haven't you given any to me? :p

Look, I'm sure that most people in TSE don't see the planets they hold as a political thing, more of a conquering deal where we rule the Galaxy with a stone fist! I think a war between TSE and TGE is pointless, and not in the best intrusts of both groups. Quite frankly it's stupid, and will cause more problems for all involved then it would solve.

Basicaly it would be counter productive because there are other enemies that would take advantage of that. You have even gone as far to say that this war will only be against TSE and TGE but even that is stupid. Both TGE and TSE captured many planets without very much opposition so to say that a war won't be of anyone elses intrust is basicaly arrogant.

I'd like to see a major fleet battle in either the Astroid Belt of Hoth or Near the Maw. This way alot of ships would need to be rebuilt and fleet sizes would be "reduced" but not by downsizing but by accutally using them. Ofcourse this means that virtually every ship that goes into that kind of battle won't come out, but we need a reset around here.

Aaron Belargic
Jan 3rd, 2002, 12:50:24 PM
I believe this war should not take place until it is evident that the two roleplaying parties involved can communicate in a non-inflammatory manner;If that would be the case, then we'd never do anything but sit around and talk to ourselves IC though. I think this war is a good thing and will prompt positive change. The discussion here got a little heated at one point, but I wouldn't call it a flame war though...

Varlon Konrad
Jan 3rd, 2002, 01:26:53 PM
To be honest, TSE isn't large enough to be a political opponent to TGE. We're around half the size, and don't expand too often (and when we do, it's always against an unclaimed planet so we can do extensive ground ops with our lower ranking members). I honestly don't have a problem talking with Viscera, and when he's not poking around for military details, he and I can have a civil conversation. Personally, even with IC reasonings, I still don't see TSE having the political gravitation required to be a true political entity rivaling TGE. The NR, and perhaps GJO would be a greater threat to TGE's rule than TSE, as they're larger (and probably less oppresive as TGE/TSE).

Although my words probably hold no weight, it's about all I can say on the topic of the war. I'm not really for it, and I'm not entirely against it. I'm only pointing out that NR/GJO are probably larger threats at the current moment.

Jedah Lynch
Jan 3rd, 2002, 02:29:55 PM
Of course TGE is attacking for pure OOC reasons.

Is there really any doubt?

No.

There isnt.

So let me be up front and honest as I see things instead of tip toeing around the subject.

When Vis first wanted to do this he wanted to attack due to me creating Anbiraa who is now masquarading as Darth Vader, however he was told that would not fly as a viable excuse.

Now he comes up with the one listed in the thread.

It is common knowledge some in TGE hate TSE with a passion and would like to see it brought down severely including certain members. Its not spoken out loud due to such subjects being taboo and few like the arguements/flames that result in them but really, judging from this thread and the attitudes of some, does anyone thing this is purely IC motivated?

Hardly.

Thus, the only way to secure Imperial expansion for the future is to lower TSE to a state where it can hold no possible military-political sway. Neutral planets, no longer fearing retaliation, and more importantly, no longer given a choice, would then be "free" to rejoin the Empire.

Its amazing that there are tons of planets out there yet he singles out TSE alone, not TSO, not the Jedi. Yes TSE. Why? Yes it is is larger than TSO, yes it is larger than the Jedi at the moment due to their state sadly not being at their prime.

TSE is being attacked why? Easy Vis hates some in there like myself for instance for a variety of reasons. There are others like Khendon who has had issues with TSE ever since he got the boot instead of a glorious exit.

They want to take down TSE for OOC reasons and now due to the merger and their armada being so large that they think there is no way they can lose they want to attack IC.

Their ambitions and ego demand this war so that they can have the sense of sticking it to TSE. Many have wanted to due such a thing at times, now Vis in his position thinks he has the opportunity. Only it is hardly IC at all.

Many of us know that, few will simply admit it. However I do admit to being surprised and honestly impressed that both DT and Gav have even questioned the reasons behind this, they owe nothing to TSE, no loyalties nothing. But what Gav is true as well. There is much OOC garbage behind all this and more will likely be created, one can only wonder how far it will go into creating an even worse atmosphere and who knows how many problems or issues.

People ask why the RP is not so fun, why fleets get bad raps. One only needs to look at this case to see why.

Darth Viscera
Jan 3rd, 2002, 03:28:23 PM
Jedah-Please refer to your video clip for my reply.

Varlon, you be honest, I'll be realistic. The Jedi have emphatically expressed themselves to be sans a desire for a fleet conflict. The Republic is, to put it mildly, asleep at the wheel, regardless of a very few, very talented writers. This basically crosses them off the war list for the time being.

Personally, even with IC reasonings, I still don't see TSE having the political gravitation required to be a true political entity rivaling TGE.

How could an Empire encompass nearly 40 planets, yet not be a political entity? The very word "Empire" has, in its definition, the four key words: "a major political unit".

Say that you're right, and that TSE exists completely sans politics. Isn't it possible for a paranoid Diktat to misconstrue the situation and declare war on TSE, believing them to be a political/military rival that could one day endanger the Empire if left unchecked?

Jedah Lynch
Jan 3rd, 2002, 03:49:02 PM
And again he refuses to respond in proper fashion.

I wonder why.

The truth is a hard thing to argue against...isnt it?

Isn't it possible for a paranoid Diktat to misconstrue the situation and declare war on TSE, believing them to be a political/military rival that could one day endanger the Empire if left unchecked

So this is new reason # 5? 6? to attack TSE now? I've lost count. How many more new reasons shall be created in the following days?

Be nice to actually see one solid reason IC, however so far only see small attempts to justify OOC actions being sugar coated as IC.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 3rd, 2002, 03:51:08 PM
:lol

Has to laugh at seeing Jedah use a line that he has used to him himself in other conversations.

Sorry, ignore me, carry on.

Jedah Lynch
Jan 3rd, 2002, 03:57:26 PM
What can I say.

I learn from the best.:p

And yes I'm aware of the irony:P

Gav Mortis
Jan 3rd, 2002, 04:22:24 PM
Jedah, would you rather there not be a war entirely then?

I know I'd be over the moon if someone declared war on TSO - at last, something exciting! :p

This community is so boring! Whats with all this non-aggression, anti-war nonsense all of a sudden? Am I at SWFans or Amnesty International?

TheHolo.Net
Jan 3rd, 2002, 04:28:02 PM
Just last week Trace killed hundreds of innocents and left a Jedi on the edge of death while Ogre is putting his most veteran disciple through some very rigorous trials, and Endo is seeing some new and exciting things, while another of my characters played a major role in the death of Anbiraa. Not so dull for me lately. :)

Gav Mortis
Jan 3rd, 2002, 04:35:31 PM
Hush you! :p

I'm trying to cause a war here! :angel

Gav Mortis
Jan 3rd, 2002, 04:37:15 PM
This community is so boring!

Just before I get maimed by an angry mob, I'd just like to clarify that I didn't mean that seriously! :)

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Jan 3rd, 2002, 05:15:53 PM
Jedah, a polite bit of constructive criticism.

Fact does not equal opinion.

Fact does not equal hearsay.

I've no problem with TSE OOC. I'm 100% for this war. I'm not the only one who feels that way. Those are facts. Saying that Vis has an OOC agenda against TSE is not.

Its good to have a voice of dissent, but in excess, it just rocks the boat. And in January, the water's damn cold, so stoppit!

Varlon Konrad
Jan 3rd, 2002, 06:15:58 PM
Viscera, hate to point this out, but even though the NR and GJO are inactive OOCly, it doesn't mean they aren't around in terms of the IC universe. So my point that the NR/GJO are greater threats still holds as valid in IC. And I'm still failing to see the logic in the Diktat being paranoid about something he doesn't even really know how big it is.

The very word "Empire" has, in its definition, the four key words: "a major political unit".
If I remember right, TSE was still TSE before it got dragged into IC galactic politics. Why it was named that? You would have to ask its founder.

Aaron Belargic
Jan 4th, 2002, 02:15:42 AM
Jedah, it sound an awful lot like you're looking for a reason to have this war stalled or brought to an abrupt halt. It's amusing to see you complaining now about being attacked by an enemy that outnumbers you, and yet a few months back I can remember you being fairly upset because you were not allowed to attack a group without even a single capital ship, a military, or even large quantity of members. It held one planet.

TSE holds over 20 or 30 planets, and has a large fleet, and a huge member base which TGE does not have. Why must you try to make an OOC issue out of something that is not?

Jedah Lynch
Jan 4th, 2002, 04:18:01 AM
Jedah, it sound an awful lot like you're looking for a reason to have this war stalled or brought to an abrupt halt. It's amusing to see you complaining now about being attacked by an enemy that outnumbers you, and yet a few months back I can remember you being fairly upset because you were not allowed to attack a group without even a single capital ship, a military, or even large quantity of members. It held one planet.

I was waiting for you to say that. Thanks for being predictable.

Actually if you remember I stopped the attack when realized it was unfair. I see logic and follow it even if I hate it, that and did realize it wasnt right to do so who was I to do such an attack against those who couldnt really defend against it? So I stopped, do you think I would have listened to any mod or admin if I believed I was right in my actions? I admit at first I thought the rule was a joke but more I thought about it the more I realized and understood it, its hard to attack something one believes in then isnt it? *grins*

There is some things you'll come to see soon enough and then you might even realize the irony of all this heh.

TSE holds over 20 or 30 planets, and has a large fleet, and a huge member base which TGE does not have. Why must you try to make an OOC issue out of something that is not?

Because I wasn't the one to turn it into OOC in the first place. Nor am I doing the attack for OOC reasons, I'm just bold enough to say it openly and dont care if you all scramble like rats with it being said. I've never been afraid to speak my mind, that will not change now. Besides let Vis speak for himself will you? In his own OOC words....

Darth Viscera: that is 3x more than TSE's fleet, with change to spare
Darth Viscera: we have 60 planets, compared to TSE's 30-40, and billions of soldiers.
Darth Viscera: their fate has already been written.

As you can see I believe in having knowledge before I go spouting too much anymore, I learned from my errors. I find out the truth now to see what it is. And I've seen the truth.

I dont believe much of this would result in stopping the war, I dont think can stall it. In fact I'm not even worried about TGE at this point for reasons that will come apparant. I just cant stand the OOC overtones that lie in the background due to this. If it was an actual IC attack plain and simple fine. That I could not argue against one bit. However its hardly IC now isnt it?

And Gav, if you want feel free to talk to TGE for them to attack TSO if thats your wish, at least they would do so without idiotic OOC reasons behind what they do.

Aaron Belargic
Jan 4th, 2002, 04:24:38 AM
TGE doesn't have OOC reasons for doing this. If you'd like to keep thinking that and attempting to make an issue out of something that's not, then more power to you. Best of luck in making people "scramble like rats" as you so eloquently put it. Speaking your mind is fine, but just because you say something doesn't make it a fact.

And I do see you have that snippet of an AIM log. What is that supposed to prove?

Rama
Jan 4th, 2002, 04:30:51 AM

Finally someone who I can agree with here.

My main future plans were to try to get brawling with the Jedi again, I know that wasn't everyones grand plan but it was mine. And I was this close......this close.....to makeing it happen. With a lot of help from my friends on TSE council and GJO council. And then the TGE had to come in **** it all up!

Pardon my french.

This close to ending a almost year long stalemate....and maybe breath new life into both groups. But OHHHHHHHHHHHHH NO! Can't do that.....Cause someone is mad that there was Anbiraa clone....or that TSE is rubbing it's elbows to close to them.....ot cause they just don't like people in it. So all that went down the crappier because of this.

I don't care about fleets......I don't care about planets......All I do care about can't happen now because of you people! >:

There....I vented.

Aaron Belargic
Jan 4th, 2002, 04:44:04 AM
:( Well, I can't argue that this war will likely put a dent in the Sith vs. Jedi activity, but perhaps having the Sith occupied with others enemies will give the Jedi a break so they can repopulate. It is quite obvious that right now the Jedi are way outnumber. This war might also be a good thing for them if you think about it, Rama. It can give them an opportunity to flourish once more, and then come back with a vengence. :) It is possible.

Rama
Jan 4th, 2002, 04:55:45 AM
They have had a long enough breather as it is. Almost a year of limited to no Jedi/Sith Interaction is enough. Action is what is gonna fix this......not more down time. And not Imperial vs Sith action either......Jedi Vs Sith Action........like it was in the before time.

Jedah Lynch
Jan 4th, 2002, 05:03:22 AM
If people want to believe me they can if they dont want too thats fine as well. I know most of this wont change a thing and admit that so in a way its all meaningless the boards will continue on one way or another as it does, if people think I'm Bsing or saying what I believe they will have to make up their own mind. Its called freedom of choice. They have free will and the ability to decide for themselves whatever they wish to believe is up to them.

And as for the Jedi, TSE has been working at actually talking and getting threads going, fights, RPs and more. If anything results in them is the question, am hopeful but shall see. The jedi need to work with people again to get them going, saying two groups knocking each other silly would help them isnt very logical, they will still be outnumbered by either TGE or TSE in some regards.

However some of us are working on helping them in some ways that may prove very benefical to them. We'll see if they take the opportunity.

Darth Viscera
Jan 4th, 2002, 08:46:25 AM
And I do see you have that snippet of an AIM log. What is that supposed to prove?

Answer his question. Why are you seeking out logs of my private conversations?

Answer well, I am quite pissed at the moment. I can take a lot of crap. I can be verbally harassed by half a dozen members of TSE simultaneously over AIM, and a week later shrug it off. One thing I can NOT do, however, is allow a man to collect my private conversations without my consent.

Jedah Lynch
Jan 4th, 2002, 09:57:36 AM
Seeking out your logs?

Hardly the case.

No offense but if I was seeking out the logs of anyone I'd find more interesting people, famous people probably who's secrets could sell for money.

Ah....how fun that would be.

And actually he didnt ask me where I got it.

As for how I got it, really now you shouldnt boast about your purposes in regarding other groups so, especially in OOC manners when you want to crush them. Not many care for such tatics due to the trouble they cause or the reasons they are done for.

Overall if this attack had been IC for the reasons of expanding there would have been NO ISSUE. Even if didnt like the attack there would have been little to argue against unless some sort of God moding had been done.

Certainly there would have been nothing to argue against or lead to any bad blood or worse make any existing bad feelings even worse. However this was something I was not about to take lying down, not when a whole group was being targeted for someones own misguided ambitions and ego.

But then this whole thread is almost rendered pointless anyways.

Darth Viscera
Jan 4th, 2002, 10:34:15 AM
My private AIM conversations are my personal property. They are not yours to download without my express permission. They are not yours to read without my express permission. They are certainly not yours to publish without my express permission.

Jedah Lynch
Jan 4th, 2002, 11:04:52 AM
Download?

I never downloaded anything.

Like I said, wouldn't even been an issue in the first place. There should never have been an issue at all. Use this as a lesson and learn from it so that such things dont happen or come back to bite ya on the ****.

Less grief or annoyance for all of us that way.

Darth Viscera
Jan 4th, 2002, 11:20:09 AM
Like I said, wouldn't even been an issue in the first place. There should never have been an issue at all. Use this as a lesson and learn from it so that such things dont happen or come back to bite ya on the ****.

What you say to justify it does not matter to me, just don't violate my privacy. Don't read my AIM logs without my consent.

Jedah Lynch
Jan 4th, 2002, 11:31:28 AM
I dont want to read your logs really nor do I.

Dont care who you talk too and what you usually do, got far better things to do in my time. Won't be posting anything else so you got no worries there either, you made a good point about privacy and that is something that deserves to be honored.

Varlon Konrad
Jan 4th, 2002, 12:04:39 PM
Viscera, don't take this personally, but his point of quoting you was to prove his point of this having little/no IC reasonings. And I have to agree, this war is nothing more than another reason for TGE to satisfy its ego when there's plenty of other legitimate targets out there to deal with. Honestly, Viscera, I doubt you wouldn't be making all these large fusses if it didn't mean a possible bruise to your ego during this "conquest."

And a word of advice, not as an enemy, but as a fellow roleplayer. If you don't want something to be known, don't babble about it to anyone, because like rumours, it's bound to get to the public one way or another.

Gav Mortis
Jan 4th, 2002, 12:23:05 PM
(Bites his tongue)

I've been doing a lot of that around here recently.

imported_Firebird1
Jan 4th, 2002, 12:48:02 PM
This is just so stupid it is making me mad. I really don't know weither to laugh or yell!

Here are things I've pulled from this thread.
Vic is mad that he took three hours writing some posts where it only takes someone else a few minutes to do it.
TGE is mad that TSE is sending out their own probes.

The war between TGE and TSE has a stupid reason that could be better filled if it was the NR in there rather then TSE.

And now we can't get with the Jedi because we have to fight the Imperials on the 18th? Uh...Wha??? This is so that the Jedi can repopulate??? Uh once again Wha???

I think that most people would rather see The Sith and The Jedi go against eachother, rather then see TGE and TSE go at it for no reason what so ever.

And finally it seems that TSE really doesn't want the war. Basicaly if TSE doesn't want it to happen it won't. Like I said before this war will cause more problems then anything else that could happen, and look at this thread, the war hasn't even started yet and all hell is already breaking loose. Basicaly I feel that TGE and TSE aren't enemies, that a war between them is the most stupidest thing I have ever heard of. Especally right now with the GJO and TSE wanting to battle eachother again. I'd rather see that happen!

imported_Firebird1
Jan 4th, 2002, 01:22:31 PM
Ok, now that I have talked to Vic, I can change some things in my last post.

1) Vic has posted the reasons for this conflict in his thread called Ethreal Visions. Just do a search for it to get the link.

2)Apparently every group is involved or has something at stake in this war.

This changes the picture greatly because no longer is it just involving two groups, but it involves everyone as it should.
And I'm a little bit clearer on the reasons! So now to see if I can get things going!

imported_Firebird1
Jan 4th, 2002, 02:11:33 PM
Dr. Rex Kramer here Firebird has been sedated because he posted to the wrong thread here in this post.

Jedah Lynch
Jan 4th, 2002, 02:21:32 PM
FB I think you need to chill and relax a bit because your seriously beginning to sound rather...insane.

Moltar
Jan 4th, 2002, 02:28:26 PM
You can tell that I'm going insane....Cool.
Well like always I'm the last to know it! :crack :crack

Lord DarkStar
Jan 4th, 2002, 04:49:17 PM
i know who i'd like to go to war with >D and i can give good IC reasons as well.

I have to agree with Vis though, where ever you got that snipet of AIM conversation from Jedah, you shouldn't have posted it unless he said it to you

Darth Vader
Jan 4th, 2002, 05:27:08 PM
Couldn't agree more. Even if its 3rd-hand, you need the consent of the people involved in the conversation.

Lord DarkStar
Jan 4th, 2002, 06:10:44 PM
you, agreeing with me?

*dies of shock and then writes it on the calender*

:lol j/k

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 4th, 2002, 07:10:19 PM
I'd still like to know what that snipper of the AIM conversation proves. That Viscera knows the odds are against TSE and is gloating about it? Okay, good, now go on. What does that log prove that furthers your arguement, Jedah?

Varlon Konrad
Jan 4th, 2002, 09:01:50 PM
It supports the fact that Viscera's arrogant and full of himself. Aside from that, I honestly don't know myself :|

Gav Mortis
Jan 4th, 2002, 10:27:05 PM
It supports the fact that Viscera's arrogant and full of himself.

Oh please be quiet and stop making an ass out of yourself. Be honest with yourself and admit that the above post had no real value other than your own cheap shot at Viscera.

The pettiness is staggering. I'm growing tired of this place, fast.

Daegal Murdoch
Jan 5th, 2002, 12:12:03 AM
I humbly suggest that all of you calm down and take a day or two away from this thread.

It has boiled down to nothing but personal attacks from all sides.

Come on, guys. Are we here to roleplay or bicker like decrepid, old people?

Khan Surak
Jan 5th, 2002, 12:51:19 AM
Hey, what's wrong with decrepid old people!:mad :lol

Many wars occur for the most pathetic reasons and end up having a huge effect.

" The two contenders met, with all their troops, on the field of Camlan to negotiate. Both sides were fully armed and desperately suspicious the other side was going to try some ruse or strategem. The negotiations were going along smoothly until one of the knights was stung by an asp and drew his sword to kill the reptile. The others saw the sword being drawn and immediately fell upon each other. A tremendous slaughter ensued. The chronicle is quite specific about the point that the slaughter excessive chiefly because the battle took place without preperations and premeditation."

If TSE doesn't want this war, then it won't happen. I, personally, would like to see a Dark Axis Alliance allied with TGE vs. GJO and NR war. But the basic idea is correct, the " Superpowers " have been at a political standstill for a while. A war would help the roleplay. All that has already been decided. I'm just reminding people of why they are arguing. :D

Moltar
Jan 5th, 2002, 01:00:56 AM
Well, I have tried to stay out of the personal attacks (why do you think I am using Dr Rex Kramer in my posts..). But on the most part I'd probally say that so far I have caused more problems here then I could of if I had just stayed out of it. Why do you think that only a few of us are even posting in this thread? Not everyone likes to get burned from threads such as this.

Aaron Belargic
Jan 5th, 2002, 01:47:46 AM
My sentiments reflect Gav's. I'm just going to start ignoring people who make inflammatory posts.

Varlon Konrad
Jan 5th, 2002, 01:52:01 AM
Originally posted by Aaron Belargic
My sentiments reflect Gav's. I'm just going to start ignoring people who make inflammatory posts.

Well there goes any fleet discussion, as none of us can seem to keep that from happening somewhere down the line.

Aaron Belargic
Jan 5th, 2002, 01:55:21 AM
I didn't day I wouldn't discuss things, I just won't pay attention to anyone who uses insults and veiled insinuations when they post, that's all. :)

TheHolo.Net
Jan 5th, 2002, 02:07:13 AM
Everyone in this thread please take note of this one and my comments within:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11600

Varlon Konrad
Jan 5th, 2002, 02:09:21 AM
Way ahead of you, Big Green (Or is it blue under the SWFans.net account? :))

Aaron:
I was trying to be funny with that last post :| Humour is a good thing, and kind of needed at times like this.

Aaron Belargic
Jan 5th, 2002, 02:15:14 AM
A Jedi must have the most serious mind.

Jedah Lynch
Jan 5th, 2002, 03:36:57 AM
My oh my, I dont think I rocked the boat.

I do believe I've utterly sunk it.

Ah well I've said some of what had to be said.

I'd still like to know what that snipper of the AIM conversation proves. That Viscera knows the odds are against TSE and is gloating about it? Okay, good, now go on. What does that log prove that furthers your arguement, Jedah?

And here you see someone trying to justify something to save it from exploding in their face. What are your arguements to prove? That he is innocent? That it isnt being done OOC? Thats one side of the coin.

There are two sides to every coin though and I've said mine. So I shall let whom wishes to decide what to believe what.

However if you wish to continue I'am more than up for it all unless ordered to cease by an admin:)

Due to the fears of some who question the current RP atmosphere it might be best to let it drop so am willing to do that, yet shall respond appropriately as see fit.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 5th, 2002, 03:41:34 AM
My oh my, I dont think I rocked the boat.

I do believe I've utterly sunk it.

What, were we on the Titanic?

:: The crowd boos::

Umm... yeah it was a fairly lame joke :x

Rama
Jan 5th, 2002, 03:46:01 AM
Fairly? '___'

LOL!

Jedah Lynch
Jan 5th, 2002, 04:12:40 AM
I almost made the joke....but didnt want too:D

Rama
Jan 5th, 2002, 04:14:55 AM
Oh that one was just screaming for me to comment......I had too. I didn't have a choice. ^_^

Gav Mortis
Jan 5th, 2002, 03:13:59 PM

What, were we on the Titanic?

:: The crowd boos::

Umm... yeah it was a fairly lame joke :x

Oh no, talk about flailing standards! :lol

:p

Khendon Sevon
Jan 5th, 2002, 05:02:42 PM
Originally posted by Jedah Lynch

There are others like Khendon who has had issues with TSE ever since he got the boot instead of a glorious exit.

~Edit:

My last post, if any of you saw it, was totally out of line and I apologize.

Jedah, I would like it if you never refer to that event again because you obviously know nothing about it due to the fact that your blatantly mocking the Rpers who left TSE at the time I did by trying to lower our reason for quitting and even going as far as to say we were kicked out.

You do not want to know how emotional I became over your post, I am extremely hurt and saddened by your choice of words, if they were meant to hurt as much as they do, you should feel proud for your ability to cause pain in people such as myself.

I literally am shocked by this and even my reaction to it and I’m sure those who left Rping because of what happened at TSE would be too, and will be if they hear about it.

I don’t know how to stress how much your comment has hurt me, I’d cry but it’s not the type of person I am, I’d scream but it’s not me either, I’d run but I can’t.

I’m sorry for my earlier post, and hope I can be forgiven by anyone who read it.

Jedah Lynch
Jan 5th, 2002, 05:52:24 PM
Dont worry about your earlier post, some times its good for the soul to type up something and cut loose, even for a moment, sometimes its better not to post it is all. But either way, dont worry about it.

As for mocking I do no such thing, when I do mock someone I tend to do it in another fashion completely. As for hurt someone with my words, that is hardly my intent yet. Again, if I wish to hurt someone I tend to do it in a manner far worse. A sad truth, but the truth never the less.

Causing pain to people over the net isnt exactly something I would call a proud accomplishment either nor a worthwhile one for what does it achieve in the end? What true gain is there? Not like one can touch any of us or lay claim to any of it. Overall I find much of what happens to be fleeting and rather meaningless in the end, causing you or anyone pain what would that gain?

Not much. Even if it did it would only fade away, so whats the point? There isnt one. So there is no reason. I fight my battles and I do what I believe to be right as we all must do. In that I find nothing to regret at all.

Khendon Sevon
Jan 5th, 2002, 09:33:30 PM
Then I shall pity you for your cold heart.

Don't mix up the facts again.