PDA

View Full Version : Dont you love seeing great films after long times of not?

ReaperFett
Dec 30th, 2001, 06:41:38 PM
Watched Armageddon and T2 Special Editions over the weekend. Havent seen them for AGES, but they're better than I remember. Cant remember laughing to a film more than I did with Armageddon, and I love how they did the slow motion shots of the miners going to and leavign the shuttle, showing their losses. Terminator 2 was the same, I didnt remember all the bits that made it so great :)

Hart
Dec 30th, 2001, 08:48:00 PM
I just saw Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade the other day. I liked it more than ever.

Jedieb
Dec 30th, 2001, 08:52:36 PM
I love watching films I haven't seen in a while again also. My wife got me the Citizen Kane and Casablanca DVD's for X-Mas. I've only had the chance to see Kane. Roger Ebert has some great commentary on the promotional section of the first disc (Still Galery) that's really interesting to see. My wife and I haven't had time to sit down and see the movie in one whole setting, but hopefully we'll find some time next week. I don't know when we'll have a chance to see Casablanca. It seems every time one kid falls asleep, the other one decides to wake up.

darth_mcbain
Dec 31st, 2001, 10:07:20 AM
I watched Jurassic Park on DVD a few weeks ago for the first time since it came out... I remembered a lot, but there were some subtleties I'd forgotten about and it was really enjoyable. Yeah, it is always great to dust off some of the classics and pop them in again - they never grow old...
And while it hasn't been that long, I just bought Moulin Rouge and watched that for the first time since I saw it when it came out - what a great movie, if you haven't seen it, it is definitely worth a viewing.