PDA

View Full Version : Default 'post age' view

Champion of the Force
Dec 29th, 2001, 05:45:29 AM
After altering the forums yesterday I noticed the following option:

Default view age
'Select threads from last x days'
Recommended values: 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 30, 45, 60, 75, 100, 365, 1000 (ie all)
Currently it's set at 30 days.

I was wondering if we could beef it up to a higher amount, say 75 days or even 100 days. Forums like Expanded Universe and Collecting are presently very quiet and at the current setting a newcomer would only be able to see a handful of threads in the forum (Star Wars Films barely manages to display the whole first page within the limit but no more). I think bumping up the default viewing would help promote our quieter forums a bit better by being able to display more threads. :)

TheHolo.Net
Dec 29th, 2001, 05:49:05 AM
I don't have any problem with it. :)

Champion of the Force
Dec 29th, 2001, 05:56:18 AM
Managed to get them all done. :x

I set them all to 100 days - that should be plenty enough.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 29th, 2001, 01:54:35 PM
Did you log out and test to see if it performs the way you expect?

Will do so himself here in a little while, but is lazy at the moment.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 29th, 2001, 01:58:33 PM
Okay, I realized how simple it was to check and went ahead and did it. From what I can tell all it did was change the default setting of the show threads from drop down at the bottom center of the thread listing. As a guest I still only saw threads that were recent, though it did look like it was about 90 days or so, but the collecting forum was pretty sparse default topic wise. I would guess only about 12 or 15 topics displayed by default.

Champion of the Force
Dec 29th, 2001, 06:21:48 PM
I did test it before (sorry for not stating so).

I think it's working ok. Collecting is now displaying threads back as far as mid-September, which would be around 100 days. Expanded Universe is also displaying threads as back as early October (it doesn't go back further because there are often big lapses in activity there which explains why it doesn't show threads from September).

TheHolo.Net
Dec 30th, 2001, 11:40:26 AM
Durrr, yeah, I said approximately 90 days and you set it for 100. :x

Carry on, I’ll try to keep my wits better next time. :)