Darth23
Dec 29th, 2001, 12:53:05 AM
USC loses to Mu's Utes

Stanford loses to the ACC's Gerogia Tech

And now Texas beats Washington

:p

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 29th, 2001, 01:15:26 AM
Really I don't care, I have decided to boycott the bowls this year and probably in the future until the darn NCAA puts in a playoff system I might watch the BCS game but that is the only one the others mean nothing in my opinion.

Darth23
Dec 29th, 2001, 01:35:12 AM
I'm hoping for a big Colorado win and a close Nebraska win - and a really controversal result. :D

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 29th, 2001, 01:50:09 AM
That would work but it would also work for Oregon to win big and Nebraska to win either way I think there would be a huge outcry if there was a split national championship.

CMJ
Dec 31st, 2001, 01:32:01 AM
LOL Darth...I was thinking the same thing about the Pac-10. Sorry Jon. ;)

Jedieb
Dec 31st, 2001, 02:04:25 PM
Plus the Cowboys shock the Niners. Tough week eh?:smokin

Mu Satach
Dec 31st, 2001, 08:30:24 PM
We won something? ;)

JonathanLB
Jan 1st, 2002, 08:08:46 PM
Pac who? PAC-10, BIATCH!

Washington State wins, Oregon BLOWS AWAY CU!

What is THE BEST TEAM IN COLLEGE BALL?! OREGON!!! Damn straight.

The PAC-10 is without a doubt the toughest conference in football. Stanford played like crap that game, but that doesn't mean they didn't have a good season, just like CU had a great season but when it came down to it, they were WAY overmatched versus a superior Oregon team that is faster, stronger, has a better passing game, better running game, better defense, stronger pass attack, better at stopping the run, a superior quarterback, and better special teams. CU is simply not equipped to deal with a team like Oregon. Nebraska, Texas, maybe so, but Oregon is far better than both of those teams and CU stood no chance.

"I'm hoping for a big Colorado win and a close Nebraska win - and a really controversal result."

ROFL!!!!! LOL!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Yeah, whatever. That was going to happen -- NOT!

Oh, and do you think I care that USC lost? I hate USC! They sucked this year, first of all, and second I have a personal vendetta against them. That school is evil and moronic. I am glad they got toasted. As for Washington, they folded in their bowl game just as they did at the end of the season in every important game. Oregon State kicked their butts, Miami annihilated them, and appropriately Texas came back and beat their butts too those losers. Washington is a strong team normally and is a better team than Texas for sure, but they played like crap at the end and although I was rooting for the PAC-10 teams, no question I was surprised they played as well as they did given how lousy they have looked lately. I am just happy OSU beat their @$$es; that was definitely nice. I think the Miami game so demoralized them that they couldn't play vs. Texas, lol. I would normally say Texas is the superior team because Washington kinda sucked at the end, but Major Applewhite? What an utter moron. What a stupid name, too. MAJOR? What is he a frickin' army general? That's the gayest name I have ever heard in my entire life. Not to mention he is way overrated just like most other college QB's, now including Fresno State's Carr. That guy is a great QB too, but I pity the NFL team that takes him over Harrington, if any team really does that.

At the start of the day, they said Carr was going to go first in the draft probably. Umm... yeah, and cows can fly. What idiotic morons would choose Carr over Harrington, who is the rightful winner of the Heisman and of the other QB trophies. He is the best quarterback in college, plain and simple. No debating, no BS, he is just the best. It is raining today in Portland, Oregon. Just as that is a fact, it's also a fact that Harrington is vastly superior to Crouch and Carr. He's bigger, he is faster, he is more accurate, he is more agile, he is simply a better, smarter quarterback!

Oh yeah, nice comment about the Niners game, but do you think anyone, including them, really cares? Ok, I guess Dallas does -- the Niners don't! They already have their spot in the playoffs locked up and could not have moved up on the Rams because too few games were remaining and the Rams own the tie-breaker anyway with a 2-0 record vs. the Niners. I think the Niners will beat the Rams in the NFC and advance to the Superbowl, beating the Steelers 35-28 in a close game. :)

Haha, nah I cannot expect the Niners to beat the Rams even, but the three best teams are 1) The Rams 2) The Steelers 3) The Niners. No question about it. The Packers are too inconsistent, not a solid enough offensive team, not a good enough defense, they are not even close to being top three. Oakland is quite good, but forget about that too. Niners are still better. Miami, New England, nah, AFC is too weak. Steelers are the best there. Bucs, Eagles? Puh-lease. Neither team even deserves to be in the playoffs. I think Niners are definitely the third best team. They have hovered around there on ESPN's power rankings anyway and I feel that is about accurate. It is very hard to beat one team three times in an NFL season, though. It rarely happens. So Rams vs. Niners - The Rematch is much more likely to go in favor of the Niners, I believe, especially after the defense has mostly improved greatly since then spare the Cowboys game where obviously there was a lack of motivation on defense. Ah well, doesn't matter. Niners are the greatest franchise in the NFL, always will be. Green Bay was great at the start of the league, Niners have owned since then. Only two rebuilding seasons, now they are again a competitor, just like almost every year. The Rams, soon enough, will be exactly what they should always be: the doormat of the NFC and of the NFL. They are a lousy franchise that I have trouble associating with anything good given the terrible years I have watched them previously, the awful uniforms, and the terrible defense that is basically a characterstic of the Rams. I liked them the first year, liked Warner, I am sick of them now. Their team to go down has come, and I think the Niners can re-assert their dominance.

Darth23
Jan 1st, 2002, 11:43:14 PM
Just curious, what was the record of the team Washington State barely beat? (Purdue was 6-5 before losig the bowl game, 4-4 in the Big Ten, tied with 3 other teams for FIFTH place).

So the Pac Ten is Oregon and who else?

Just because a conference has ONE really good team doesn't make it a great conference. Or a good one even. The Pac 10 sent 5 teams to bowl games and 3 of them lost. That doesn't sound like 'the toughest conference' to me.

Maybe Stanford played poorly or maybe they had more than they could handle.

I think the SEC is having a better showing than that. They lost a close game or two, but totally dominated in a few others.

The ACC is actually 4-1 right now, though I suspect that Maryland is going to get killed by the Evil Florida Gators.

JonathanLB
Jan 2nd, 2002, 12:01:53 AM
That is rather stupid, yeah I thought WSU would beat Purdue by way more and I was like, "WTF are these guys doing?" when they barely even beat a lousy team like Purdue, but they did win. Ducks barely beat OSU, but the weather was awful and it is a major rivalry. EVERYONE intelligent expected a close game there; it is always close, but perhaps the idiots from out of state just don't "get it." If you live in Oregon, you know that...

U of O is the best team in the PAC-10, I mean not just this year, that is obvious, but they are the best in general. Over the last 7 seasons they have the best record and are definitely becoming a team that can compete every year for a major bowl, or I think in the future Oregon will be a major national championship contender just like Oklahoma and Nebraska and the Florida teams.

Every PAC-10 team is usually a solid team, though, with each one having their off seasons. Arizona and Arizona State have been great in past seasons, just not this year. Cal. is not generally any good, but UCLA is a major competitor in many sports, and football is not an exception. It's a huge school, I think one of the biggest two or three in the nation. USC has had some great football teams. Washington has historically been quite good. WSU is usually not that good, actually, so this was a great season for them.

The PAC-10 has a lot of proud teams that have very strong histories and the conference has always been quite competitive.

I think the SEC is a very good conference too, that and the PAC-10 are pretty even. SEC is definitely about tied with the PAC-10, perhaps stronger this year, but I still think they are very even.

Those two records you mentioned are great and all, but look at some of the other conferences with awful records. Oregon was the winning team from our conference, ok? They were the best. They are our representive this year just as in the NFL the AFC and the NFC each send one team to represent the entire conference. This year, the PAC-10's best team annihilated CU, the best team from their division supposedly (lol), and Oregon in fact has a solid chance at a share of the national championship. That is what matters. Either way, the best team from the PAC-10 this year finished 2nd or better, which is better than every single other conference except Miami's, so I wouldn't be saying how great these other ones are when clearly our best team can compete with anyone else from any other conference.

Darth23
Jan 2nd, 2002, 01:06:42 AM
Maybe I should try to explain this differently.

The STRENGTH of a conference is not defined by that conference having the best team - or 1 team with a single loss.

Look at it this way: for years FSU finished in the top 5, won 2 championships in 5 years, and played in three other championship games that they lost. I don't consider that as proof that the ACC is 'the best conference', just because one team is always near the top. Especially when a lot of the other ACC teams tended to lose in their bowl games.

For a long time the old Big 8 was dominated by Nebraska and Okalahoma, with both teams vying for the top spot. The fact that both teams usually plastered all the other conference opponents meant, to me, that the conference was not that strong, overall, even if it had two of the top 5 teams in the country.

The real strength of a conference is when the team that finished 4th or 5th in the conference goes out and plasters a 'stronger' team with a better record from another conference. And when people don't have to make excuses for the poor showing by the teams that DIDN'T finish in the top spot.

Hector Lien
Jan 2nd, 2002, 05:57:21 PM
FSU goin' down.

<-- Big terp fan.

CMJ
Jan 2nd, 2002, 07:35:19 PM
Hmmm who is the best team in college ball? I'd say Miami till they are defeated. I don't think Oregon could defeat the 'Canes this year. Miami has just had one of those magical seasons. Of course if they are beat tommorrow I'll change my tune...but much like last year with OU....Miami is just the best.

On another note...the reason I DON'T want a playoff was oll the games yesterday. What a great day to be a college football fan. My impressions....

Oklahoma has the Best Defense in the nation....have thought so all year.

LSU has a mostly young team...they will contend for the National Championship soon.

Harrington is even better than I thought.

The SEC is the best conference in the land.

Jedieb
Jan 2nd, 2002, 09:25:07 PM
Everyone keeps thinking that a Nebraska win is the only way to wreck some havoc with the BCS. What about a Miami blowout? I'm talking about a 30+ margin with Nebraska only scoring a few points. Wouldn't that also give the BCS computers a black eye?

Darth23
Jan 3rd, 2002, 12:19:34 AM
Despite the fact that FSU had 4 years worth of losses in one year ;), the BEST confrence is obviously the FLORIDA Conference. (FSU, Florida, Miami). :D