PDA

View Full Version : Rollerball has competition for worst film of 2002

ReaperFett
Dec 28th, 2001, 09:54:41 PM
The Scorpion King :)

pparently, they are spending six MILLION dollars on reshoots to save it.

It really does look dire. Only way Id see it is if they had the Romjin Stamos full frontal that got cut from Rollerball :)

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 28th, 2001, 11:09:13 PM
It does look pretty bad, the only actor that is any good in it is, Michael Duncan Clarke, I sure feel sorry for him, first Planet of the Apes and now this.

Hart
Dec 28th, 2001, 11:37:46 PM
full frontal nudity of a Victoria Secrets model was CUT from rollerball!!?

Darth Turbogeek
Dec 29th, 2001, 01:00:15 AM
What, is Blade II coming out in 2002?

Darth23
Dec 29th, 2001, 02:13:09 AM
Well Rollerball was pushed to the winter 'to take full advantage of its potential' or something. :p

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 29th, 2001, 03:40:09 AM
Actually I think the worst film of 2002 might be Imposter staring Gary Sinise, it has only been delayed 2 years or so. I remember first seeing the previews last October or so and then they pushed it back to March 2001, then to August, December, now to January 2002 makes me think they don't want to release it.

JMK
Dec 29th, 2001, 12:51:10 PM
Are you all mad? Easily what looks like the worst movie ever is that Kung Pow POS. I want to throw up every time I see it on TV. It's absolutely mortifying to see how pitiful it is.

Darth23
Dec 29th, 2001, 01:46:25 PM
Hey! Kung Pow COULD be fun-ne. :p

Besides, we get to see another movie with a Matrix/bullet-time joke. :D

JMK
Dec 29th, 2001, 10:11:39 PM
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'd rather see Bea Arthur nekkid. :x

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 29th, 2001, 10:29:00 PM
Man it must be bad.

BUFFJEDI
Dec 29th, 2001, 10:40:28 PM
Whats wrong with you master Carr???????? seeing Bea in the RAW should be EVERY man's dream :) :) I know it's mine:smokin

Jedieb
Dec 30th, 2001, 05:15:56 PM
A martial arts expert in a fight to the death against a high kickING heffer that shoots lethal sprays of milk from its udder. YOU PEOPLE SERIOUSLY THINK THAT WON'T ROCK! :crack

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 30th, 2001, 05:39:06 PM
so worst movie of 2002 is between Kung Pow, Imposter, Scorpion King, and Rollerblade, I think I will skip all four.

darth_mcbain
Dec 31st, 2001, 10:13:45 AM
So I'm not the only one!!! Carr, when I saw those previews for Imposter, I was having some serious deja vu thinking I'd seen it somewhere before about a year ago. Yeah, they were hyping it way back when and then it dropped off, and now they are going again - that can't be a good sign for that flick...
Personally I think Scorpion King will just suck - The Rock was so terrible in Mummy 2, he basically just sat there looking buff and yelling... I can't see him as carrying a movie.
Rollerball and Kung Pow look like they will pretty much suck too, although Kung Pow might have some redeeming humor in it...

I think I'm with ya - I'll skip all of them and wait till they are on TV or maybe a rental...

darth_mcbain
Dec 31st, 2001, 10:46:15 AM
Just FYI, this is what IMDB said about Imposter - it looks like they didn't quite know which direction to go with it and changed their minds midstream. Still, to be in the stages where you are promoting it, and then change your mind and rework the film, seems to me pretty lame. I would think you'd pretty much know which direction the film was taking by the time you start putting out ads for it...

Originally a 30 minute portion for an anthology film, Impostor was retooled into a full length feature film. Based on the Philip K. Dick short story of the same name, it follows the lead character Spencer Olham's quest to regain his identity after being suspected as an alien android, in an future Earth at war with aliens that use the androids as bombs to destroy their enemies homeworlds.

ReaperFett
Jan 1st, 2002, 09:51:41 PM
I was laughing at Kung Pow :)