PDA

View Full Version : About Fellowship of the Ring threads:

Nupraptor
Dec 28th, 2001, 02:32:47 AM
If you keep referring to the movie as LOTR, how are you going to differentiate the movies when The Two Towers comes out? :p

Speaking of which... I heard an interesting rumor how there might be some controversy regarding the title of the second movie after the Sept. 11th incident.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 28th, 2001, 02:51:59 AM
LOL I have been starting to call it FOTR in the last few threads. I heard about the controversy, but Jackson won't change the name of the film, and he shouldn't because it doesn't deal with 9/11 really at all, besides a lot of people will just call LOTR 2 anyway:p

Champion of the Force
Dec 28th, 2001, 04:32:33 AM
I think PJ will have more to worry about from fans if he changes the title of the 2nd film than if he leaves it as is. Changing the title would probably be regrded as blasphemy even amongst the most casul of Tolkien fans. :)

To be completely honest, I never considered the relationship between 'The Two Towers' title and Sep. 11 until it was mentioned here.

Jedieb
Dec 28th, 2001, 09:10:56 AM
I think they'll be enough distance between the events of 9/11 and the release of the film to not offend anyone. If I were Jackson I wouldn't change it and I think most people would recognize the two are completely unrelated.

Nupraptor
Dec 28th, 2001, 03:26:52 PM
Oh yes, I agree. Jackson outright said "the fans will crucify me if I change the title". Still, I hadn't even thought of it myself until someone else mentioned it to me.

Now we just have to be careful when abbreviating it as TTT, so people don't think we're just trying to bump threads. :)

Champion of the Force
Dec 29th, 2001, 05:28:05 AM
TTT - I like. :lol

:: bumps up thread ::

JMK
Dec 29th, 2001, 12:56:23 PM
I didn't see the relation until this thread either. There's no way it should be changed. If it was a brand new story, then maybe. But Jedieb is right, there should be enough distance by then to not offend anyone at all.

Mu Satach
Dec 31st, 2001, 08:07:03 PM
I wouldn't change the title even if it was closely related. I'm getting a little sick of people trying to hush up and tippy toe around the subject, as if not talking about it or dealing with it would change anything... ooo we can't mention or talk about anything that brings up bad thoughts. or howsabout we just gloss over the whole damn ugly truth about life... aaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhhh...

Sorry about that... had to vent a bit.

ReaperFett
Dec 31st, 2001, 08:20:28 PM
Gotta agree there. Harrison Ford really annoyed me about all this

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 31st, 2001, 08:25:23 PM
What did Harrison say? I am sure he didn't mean anything he has a lot of trouble with interviews, when he his asked questions he usually gets very skidish, I think he doesn't really like them.

Mu Satach
Dec 31st, 2001, 08:26:20 PM
How'd Harrison annoy you?

Harrison is also getting a wee bit deef in der ear drummins...

ReaperFett
Dec 31st, 2001, 08:30:16 PM
well, he recently said all this about how Hollywood should change its ways after the attacks. The same guy who made the IRA-sentimental Devils Own, about Terrorists. What a hypocrite

Mu Satach
Dec 31st, 2001, 08:37:37 PM
Ahhh well... I've never seen Devil's Own... as to Hollywood changing... they should... Hollywood should be blamed for all evils in the world... it's evil... it's terrible... just look at all the crap they produce year after year after year... DAMN them for making me buy tickets to it all!!!! Damn them... DAMN THEM TO HELL!

(sorry again... saw Bedazzled on cable this weekend and got carried away.... ;))