PDA

View Full Version : "Paths of Glory" (Kubrick film) on AMC next week

Darth Viscera
Dec 25th, 2001, 07:59:30 PM
This is basically the best Stanley Kubrick film ever made, and you pretty much can't rent it at many of the Blockbuster's and Hollywood Video's out there because it was made in 1957. It'll be on the American Movie Classics channel Wednesday, 1/3/02 at 11:15am EST. Watch it or record it!

Kirk Douglas + WW1 + corrupt French General=good movie.

P.S. The frenchies banned the movie for 20 years in their country because they didn't like having their generals portrayed as inept and detrimental to the war effort. :lol

Darth Viscera
Jan 2nd, 2002, 08:53:27 PM
Change of schedule. 12:15am EST on TCM (Turner Classic Movies). 1/3/02. So it starts in 3 hours, 12 minutes.

Rama
Jan 4th, 2002, 04:43:37 AM
Man Kubrick sucks........

and I know im gonna get flamed for that, but in general his films are bland at best. Even the Clockwork Orange falls short IMHO. The only decent one he ever did was The Shineing......and it hadn't been for old Jack's killer preformance even that film would stunk to high heaven.

Eyes wide shut had to be one of the Ten worst movies I have ever seen. And then......if that wasn't bad enough.....Kubricks dead hand came up from the grave and robbed me of a "good" ending for AI.

I mean he just wanted to be a Real boy......and finally he was there with his creator. If anyone could make him real he could.......and what did we get? A Frozen Robot and Aliens. What the hell? After all that.....that's the ending they give me. What A crock.

I guess im just trying to say I don't like Kubrick.

I'll take Ridley Scott over him anyday.

Darth Viscera
Jan 4th, 2002, 08:26:14 AM
IMO, Kubrick films are classics. Every film he does (for me) establishes precedent for that particular genre. His characters go to the point of establishing refreshingly warm cliches. I guess that's all I can say about that, really.

I like the old Kubrick best, though. "Dr. Strangelove", "Paths of Glory", "2001: A Space Oddysey", etc.