PDA

View Full Version : FOTR soundtrack

Nupraptor
Dec 21st, 2001, 02:20:51 PM
I plan on going out later today and buying the soundtrack. I thought it was one of the most under-rated aspects of the movie, myself. It was much better than people gave it credit for. Until I get it, however, I've been passing the time by downloading a few tracks off of my favorite PtP program. The only thing is that I can't find any of the songs which were played during the trailer. I was hoping that someone who already has the soundtrack could help me out. Specifically, I'm looking for these ones from the trailer:

The one that starts when the text "Fate Has Chosen Him" comes up, and continues as Elrond says "the Ring must be cast back into the fires of Mount Doom".

My favorite, which starts right after Frodo intones "I cannot do this alone!", when the text "A Fellowship Will Protect Him" appears.

The dark, forboding music which starts after Galadriel says "This task was appointed to you..." and when the text "Evil Will Hunt Them" appears.

I think it might be part of the same track as the last one, with only a different tempo, but I also like the one where the battle in Moria starts, which actually peaks where Aragorn yells "We must turn back!"

If someone could tell me the names of any of these tracks, I'd be much obliged.

:: starts scrounging for cash so he can not only see it again today, but buy the soundtrack ::

darth_mcbain
Dec 21st, 2001, 03:33:40 PM
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/music/B00005QZWI/samples/ref=pm_dp_ln_m_2/104-6188297-3793539

You can listen to some samples and get track names here off of Amazon

Nupraptor
Dec 21st, 2001, 04:08:55 PM
None of the samples sound like any of the music used in the trailer. :|

Darth23
Dec 21st, 2001, 05:59:33 PM
I downloaded it for free from the net, and I liked it so much that I'm buying it. :D

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 22nd, 2001, 10:15:49 PM
Seems like it has been quite popular I went into both Best Buy and Walmart and couldn't find it, either they underestimated the popularity of the movie or they we all have.

Figrin D'an
Dec 23rd, 2001, 12:58:14 AM
I bought the soundtrack about 3 weeks before the film came out. I think most stores didn't order an overwhelming number copies, since sales figures were pretty hard to predict. However, now that the film is out and has benefited from nearly universal praise, the soundtrack is selling out quickly.

I certainly think it's worthy of an Oscar nomination. :)
(It already got a Golden Globe nomination).
Listening to it in the weeks before the film, I found myself trying to visualize how scenes would unfold, according to the music. Interestingly enough, a lot of my visualizations where pretty close to parts of the film. I think that says a lot about how powerful parts of the score are.

Darth23
Dec 23rd, 2001, 11:08:36 AM
I agree.

It was kind fo eerie, actually, I knew at one level what was going to happen in a scene before it happened, because I knew how the soundtrack was going to change.

During l may parts of the movie I don't even rememeber the soundtrack - which I guess means it did it's job.