PDA

View Full Version : Requiem: The Memory Remains

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 21st, 2001, 08:07:14 AM
[Continued from: facility (http://pub23.ezboard.com/fthesithorderdiscussionchamber.showMessage?topicID =659.topic>http://pub23.ezboard.com/fthesithorderdiscussionchamber.showMessage?topicID =659.topic</a>]

Space) he had stumbled upon on Myrkyr.

“We’re here.” His voice was monotone, masking the anticipation he felt. It wasn’t like Jeseth to show (or even feel) excitement, but the glint in his completely black and onyx-like eyes was unmistakable.

Darth Turbogeek
Dec 23rd, 2001, 12:19:10 AM
Not really asleep, he had been somewhat startled by the sudden pitching of the ship and even more surprised as his Master, Jeseth leaped over him.

Huh??

The young man got up swaying as the ship tilted again. Struggling to keep his feet under him, he moved to the ships control room, before taking a seat with some relief in one of the chairs in there.

"We're here? Where's here?"

He looked at the scopes and the scanners, so unfamiliar and yet so well known. And the planet shown, he didnt know .... and yet, in that deep part of his mind that had all the memories of someone esle, it knew exactly what the planet was. How many years ago was the memory based? What would he find changed, what would he merge, seeing for himself and taken from the other memory?

He hadn't told Jeseth yet. There ahd been no time. First, Turbogeek had been plying his new trade of assasin within the Republic, beginning to make a name for himself in the underworld, then almst as soon as he had come to Arcan IV, Jeseth had found him. How, he didn't know. Turbogeek hadnt been hiding, but it was still giving him time to reconcile the things he had found in his mind.

The memories of a Jedi Master. How, he didnt really know. But he knew now what he was and why he had the strange name. He was a clone. Maybe all clones got memories of the one they were cloned from. Maybe. Somethign to ask. But at least those odd flashs were explained now, they were former experiences coming to the surface unbidden. Now, he could control them and select at will the memories he wanted, the questions he needed to ask, the lessons he needed to learn.

Or just rifle through the memories =like a bbook in facination, in a dream as he would watch parts of the Jedi Master's life.

Turbogeek would have wanted to tell Jeseth all this, but there had been no time. His Master was curiously excited for some reason and had need of him.

Why?

Salem Ave
Dec 23rd, 2001, 05:59:37 AM
The shaking of the ship sent Salem’s head thudding back against the metal wall behind him, waking him suddenly. He whimpered somewhat, bringing his palm up to rub the back of his neck, cold chills running through his body.

Looking up he could see that Turbogeek and Jeseth had already risen and were checking out some information on the control panel. Quellin didn't seem to have stirred too much and looked still, to Salem, to be completely calm.

Salem struggled to his feet, almost toppling over as the ship rocked unexpectedly. He quickly made his way over to his Master and grabbed solidly onto the back of the seat in which Turbogeek sat.

“We’re… here?

His eyes moved quickly down to the view screen that the others were looking at. He swallowed down hard on the dryness in his throat as he averted his eyes from it to stare out of the view port into the space-scape. A nervous sigh escaped his lips as he looked on at the planet before them, a foreboding entity looming in the black.

Quellin Vos
Dec 24th, 2001, 03:00:17 PM
The grand vessel Quellin “borrowed” from the doomed smugglers seemed to glide through space uninhibited, at least in the mind of a ruminating apprentice. Quellin’s mind was truly lost, not even the fiasco earlier dared to disturb him. Meditating seemed the only solution for Quellin’s enigma. The paranoia that encased his thoughts prohibited him from using his full power. But it seemed his master had complete faith in his abilities, at least that is what he hoped.

The fast paced motions Quellin had sensed during his trance seemed to have stopped abruptly. They were now a rocky set of vibrations. Could we have reached our destination? Quellin thought. It seemed the only plausible answer for the fluctuation in speed. If he were to accompany the group he would have to hurry and breach through the trance.

It seemed the mind blocks he had previously created were far more complex than predicted. Finally, after minutes of strenuous though, the blocks yielded, allowing Quellin to return to consciousness. He awoke to the dreary freighter he had left only hours before, but to his surprise there was another guest. ‘Who is this auslander?” Quellin barked.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 25th, 2001, 03:41:24 PM
Jeseth's words were a whisper in the Force which only Quellin could hear. "He is another apprentice. Be mindful of your manners." The planet was moving closer with every passing moment, engulfing the view-port in the cockpit. Jeseth had been adjusting their course carefully to bring them down in a clearing. Night had fallen upon the planet's western lands, and they would utilize the cover of dark where they were arriving.

The ship streaked through the sky and descended amidst a thick and dry forest, snow falling heavy and white all around it. Once the landing gear had lowered, and the ship thumped to a halt, Jeseth turned from the cockpit to the face the others. "We are searching for a module." He reached into his coat and pulled out a tiny, thick, black disk. There were tiny holes in its surfaces, some of them opening up to allow some of the moonlight pouring in from outside the cockpit to pass through the disk completely. "This is what it looks like."

He let them gaze upon it long enough to memorize its shape, and then placed it back into his coat pocket. “Turbogeek shall come with me. Quellin and Salem, you two will be searching together. If you find any of these disks, bring them all to me.” Jeseth nodded to Turbogeek and clipped both sabers to his belt, opening the hatch to the ship and stepping out onto the planet’s surface. The air wasn’t so thick… he enjoyed it. Perhaps humans however would not find the atmosphere as pleasant. They no doubt required excessive amounts of oxygen… just as they required excessive amounts of most everything else.

Jeseth and Turbogeek walked towards the facility, Salem and Quellin following behind. The huge metal door before them was shut tight, no longer in operation after all the years since the base’s abandoning. Jeseth looked up at it, then waved a hand at the door. It would be an opportunity to engage his students while they were away from their training. He was interested in how they might go about getting through a door that weighed more than thirty tons. Melting through it with a saber would take far too long and be fatal; by the time the door actually gave way to them, the vapors from the metal ores would poison the air around them. The rest of the facility seemed similarly as impenetrable, except high above some eight or nine stories up where a gaping charred crater was visible.

Darth Turbogeek
Dec 27th, 2001, 04:46:17 PM
Silently, Turbogeek looked at the datachip Jeseth held, then as they walked to the large castle, he ran through the memories in his mind seeking for something on the chip and where they were.

I know this place…. I’ve been here before. It used to be wooded and there used to be a garden. That’s gone, it looks like there was a war zone. There’s a crater in the ground too. The castle looks damaged too. Still as dark and brooding as the first time I saw it tho, that hasn’t changed. Now that would be a datacard of some kind Jeseth wants found, so where were those things to be found? I seem to know this question.

But the answer wasn’t coming, at least not yet. A bit of patience and they would. But for now, he was following Jeseth and two others he had not really been introduced to toward the castle. They got to a large door, which Jeseth indicated they should go through. Turbogeek looked at the silent doors, saw the controls were inoperative and shook his head.

Yeah right, as if. Even if this place is deserted, they think the front door is the best way in? With places like this, there are always more than one entrance

“You have to be joking. That’s been built to withstand just about any attack”

“We are to go through this entrance…”

“Which leads nowhere that we want. Your looking for possibly data storage, which is not accessed through this door”

The other three turned in surprise. “How do you know this?” demanded one.

Turbogeek shrugged. “I used to live here”

“WHAT?!?! How is that possible?” demanded Jeseth

Turbogeek was reaching a hand around to the backpack on his back, rummaged inside until he found what he wanted and drew it out. A strange looking device that he clipped to the back of his left hand. It ran about halfway up the forearm. With the other hand, he retrieved a smallish gun, oddly shaped with what seemed like a small spear coming out one end.

The open entrance is on the other side, except there were security sentinels that still worked that prevented me from properly exploring the passageways there. Now if I correct if I just aim for…

He fired the gun, the spear shooting out with a rope uncoiling behind it. With a small ‘clang’, the spear hit wall and dug in. He tested the anchorage, before setting the rewind. Holding onto the handle, the gun hauled Turbogeek upwards, until he was level with a window ledge. He put a foot on the ledge for balance, pointed the device strapped to his arm at the window. A spray of a green liquid came out, acid with immediately began to eat the window away. A few seconds later, it feel quietly onto itself, still smoking and bubbling. Being careful not to tread on the mess, Turbogeek set the gun to unwind again, before stepping through into the dark room beyond.

I t was fairly bare, with only a few pieces of furniture that didn’t really caose any problems as he moved to where the door was. It opened to his touch, allowing him to move into a dimly lit corridor.

I’ll wait for the others while I get my bearings. Now I think there could be two places this thing Jeseth is looking for is… I think trying up on this level would be first. I wonder what he wants with that datachip anyway? That might help narrow the location down.

Another thought came to his head that made him smile.

I bet Jeseth is wondering what the hell is going on. Ahhhh, I might keep the knowledge of what’s in my head quiet for a bit longer.

Salem Ave
Jan 1st, 2002, 09:36:03 AM
Salem nodded in silence to his Master and watched as he and his fellow apprentice departed off on their own search. He glanced over his shoulder at Quellin, in his mind his face twisting into a disgruntled smirk. He had been hoping he would have had a chance to work with his Master some more, a las - no such luck.

"We better get going."

His messy black hair fell into his eyes and he span on the ball of his foot, walking towards Quellin to head off in the opposite direction of the others back to look at the large main door of the compound. It was immense - there was no way the two apprentices could make their way in through there.

"I think we should check for sewage pipes.. air ducts... other vents like that. There's bound to be some around on the outer perimeter."

Warren Azalin
Jan 8th, 2002, 10:03:28 PM
Through the Darkness of the broken castle four figures moved in a scene of silence. They seemed out of place among the broken pillars, and long past abandoned corridors. Yet they all seemed to be searching, searching for something among these dank halls. Among the four only two seemed at all vaguely familiar: One looked like a younger version of an old Jedi Master, Darth Turbogeek... maybe the rumors of a clone where true after all. The other there was no mistaking, he wore his darkness like a cloak of pride, he took much joy in the pain he brought to others, and like the others around him he was one of the Dark, he was a Dark Jedi.....

"Jeseth...."

The words came out almost as a scream through the night air. The Jedi sat up with a jolt, not knowing what to make of the vision he had seen in his dream. He had seen Jeseth, his diabolical brother. He had also seen others there but he had sensed something else, some darker evil hiding in the shadows. Whatever it was it would not fare well for the Jedi, or the Universe in general. Warren couldn't tell where exactly the Darksiders where but he had seen certain things outside the building, castle, whatever it was. He would have to find out where they where before anything else.... he just had to find Jeseth before he went through with this foolish search if his...

<center>About an hour Later.....</center>

"Got it..."

His intuitions had been right as a planet came to life on his DataPad. It had all the key figures of the Planet he had seen in his vision and the reason for a long dead past was made clear to him. He realized why the halls where so dank and lonely... it was the former home of The Sith Empire, before even his time as a Jedi.

"What is it your looking for exactly Jeseth?"

That question boggled the mind, what would Jeseth be doing in the former home of TSE, a group he showed his despise for. Whatever it was that was there was something they should not find, at any cost... It seemed the Jedi did not know yet and there was no time to do anything about it.. Warren had to go, and he had to do it alone... Amalia would wonder where he had disappeared to but she would understand.. He would have to go alone, and he would have to go now. Without a second through he burst though the Jedi halls and headed for his ship, with a destination still not fully known.

<center>15 Minutes Later</center>

"Preparations complete Sir, we're ready for launch."

"Go, Launch Now."

Within seconds the ship was launching out in to space, not knowing if it would ever make it back. It held only a single passenger, and with his time remaining he decided it was time to train... This was not going to be easy....

Quellin Vos
Jan 11th, 2002, 07:55:40 PM
Quellin nodded to the stranger who Jeseth had paired him with. "Agreed." His ears picked up the dripping of water, somewhere far off ahead of them and past an outcropping of trees and bushes, rocks littered about the area. "This way..." He set off, carefully moving across the leaves, snow, and rocks, attempting to disturb as little of the environment as possible. After several moments, they stepped from behind the trees, looking into a tube that was large enough for a man to enter.

It was coated in a thick layer of ice. Quellin activated his lightsaber and touched its humming beam to the ice, watching as it instantly melted away and leaked away down the immense pipe. The remaining ice was slick enough to slide down. “Shall you go first, or shall I?”

Salem Ave
Jan 20th, 2002, 12:05:14 PM
Salem flicked his own saber to life, sending the crimson beam crackling to life. He glanced over to Quellin and shrugged lightly and lowered himself down onto his knees, the thick cotton of his trousers soaking up some of the moisture in the snow immeadiately. He cursed under his breath as he skidded into the tube, catching his balance.

He looked back up at the opening and crouched slightly, puffing out a swirl of cold air.

"Seems safe enough."

Creak. Crreeeeeeeak.

Salem glanced around quickly, looking down at the iced metal below his feet.

Creeeeeeeeee... ak.

"I think we should keep on our toes," he whispered as Quellin made his descent into the piping.