PDA

View Full Version : Did The Jedi Have It Coming?

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 20th, 2001, 03:50:35 AM
Why are there so many Jedi in the Old Republic? The answer is simple: increasing market share.

In The Phantom Menace, "the Jedi" is not simply an abstraction. For all its religious overtones, the Order is an organization like any other, subject to historical forces and, if we watch the film's Council scenes carefully, ideological dissent.

Click here (http://www.space.com/sciencefiction/movies/dismantling_jedi_order_000418.html) for the whole story.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 30th, 2001, 10:56:26 PM
Just like any organisation, the Jedi could be weakened and corrupted. And an organisation is unsuited to learning about something like the Force. It would discourage indivual thought and dissention.

While I dont agree with the rationale's given, I do agree the Jedi Order in TPM was bound to be toppled. It was blind. The Jedi were too interested in the Force and not able to think for themselves. That's where Palpatine won and then fell - he firstly could think clearly and objectively, then use his power. At the end, he did not.

Maybe it's a common fault of the Jedi, to rely on thier power too much and lose the ability to think independantly?

Hart
Dec 31st, 2001, 12:33:54 AM
We'd probably have to wait until EpIII before we have the real answer. I wouldn't fault anyone on the inside just yet.

Aaron Belargic
Jan 1st, 2002, 12:23:13 AM
Interesting points.