PDA

View Full Version : A question

Khendon Sevon
Dec 15th, 2001, 02:01:48 PM
If I built ships for my own personal fleet using the customer yards at TGE, and then used them in the upcoming war, it wouldn't be allowed, correct?

TheHolo.Net
Dec 15th, 2001, 02:06:01 PM
Vessels built in customer yards, especially those of the alligned group are not to be used for that group's aid. Its against the policy of using your own customer yards for your group's benifits.

Khendon Sevon
Dec 15th, 2001, 02:09:23 PM
Ah, good!

This applies to all groups.

Therefore the personal fleets of TSE which were made at its customer yards can not be used against us in the war.

That is very good.

Thank you for your help.

*sly grin*

TheHolo.Net
Dec 15th, 2001, 02:11:55 PM
Yep, its to avoid the exploitation of an extra shipyard, due to the stringent rules regarding numbers of shipyards.

Khendon Sevon
Dec 15th, 2001, 02:34:35 PM
What about ships made at other customer shipyards?

Say I build an ISD4 at another group's customer shipyards, would that ship be allowed to be used in the war?

TheHolo.Net
Dec 15th, 2001, 02:35:29 PM
Yes.

Khendon Sevon
Dec 15th, 2001, 02:39:11 PM
Ah, thank you for your quick replies to my questions, those are all of the ones I can think of. Many, many thanks :)

Varlon Konrad
Dec 15th, 2001, 02:52:38 PM
I would also hope you of the TGE will honour this rule (Seeing as the TGE has a vast history of trying to circumvent the rules via godmodding and other tactics).

TheHolo.Net
Dec 15th, 2001, 03:25:24 PM
For further clarification, a quote from the rules posted in several threads here at SWFans.

These shipyards are representative of a group's total shipbuilding capacity. They are non-transferable. Details like planet location and number of yards in orbit is just for story material and do not impact these OOC rules. In addition, every group is allowed one civilian-run 40km shipyard which they can use to sell starships to potential customers. It is illegal to use these customer shipyards for the military gain of your group.

Varlon Konrad
Dec 15th, 2001, 03:33:12 PM
For GAIN, it mentions nothing for defense of current assets, SWFans.net. You aren't gaining anything in defense.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 15th, 2001, 03:35:05 PM
It states exactly what I mentioned earlier in the topic. Personal ships built within your own group's shipyards cannot be used for gain. Gain would also include said group's defense. Ship's built in other group's shipyards do not fit into that classification.

Varlon Konrad
Dec 15th, 2001, 03:36:14 PM
And then I would presume ships drafted into or donted to the group would also fall out of use, if that's the case. Because, *GASP* they were built in your group's yard in most cases!

TheHolo.Net
Dec 15th, 2001, 03:38:27 PM
That is using the customer shipyards for your group's gain and is circumventing the rules stated clearly which were agreed to many months ago. Sounds like you are trying to utilize a loophole to me or at least make said loophole valid.

Varlon Konrad
Dec 15th, 2001, 03:44:22 PM
Ogre, remove that from your thought process now, because I am not one to sink so low to win a war, I am not a Marzullo. I am merely making clear, for the record and for all parties that shall be entering this war, what is and is not allowed. Especially if some of us donated our personal fleets many months back to due not needing them, as I did and can provide proof of.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 15th, 2001, 03:45:34 PM
And that was exactly what I have been doing during the entire course of this thread, addressing the question posed and using the rules as they stand as my basis for it.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 15th, 2001, 03:46:18 PM
If your donation occured previous to the implementation of those rules then it should be valid.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 15th, 2001, 03:57:38 PM
My best estimate for the implemetation of the new fleet rules, only an estimate since the agreements were done mostly on ezboards and the threads I have found here make no mention of the exact time it occured, would be 06/01/2001.

EDIT: My estimate is based on these two threads:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8560

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8525

Khendon Sevon
Dec 15th, 2001, 05:28:20 PM
So, Varlon, when did you 'donate' your private fleet to TSE?

*getting interested*

Varlon Konrad
Dec 15th, 2001, 06:00:58 PM
Nothing in the rules says I must divulge information to non-administration, Khendon. And I'm not divulging any non-essential information to anyone but administrative members (and those will be via Private Message for confidentiality).

Khendon Sevon
Dec 15th, 2001, 06:32:20 PM
I must request that an admin look into this.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 15th, 2001, 06:47:09 PM
Noted.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 15th, 2001, 07:06:04 PM
To clear up the word "estimate" in my earlier post, I will clarify and make an administrative decision. I have searched the forums very thoroughly and concluded that the fist time a staff member stated the Fleet Rules as a part of SWFans.Net, was in the second link I gave in my previous post, which was dated 6/19/2001.

If their are any disagreements feel free to voice them and they will be debated/discussed.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 15th, 2001, 07:25:46 PM
The issue regarding Varlon's donation of his personal fleet has been investigated.

Upon review of topics here at SWFans.Net Forums, it has been found in an official one started by myself and posted in by all parties involved, that this "donation' was announced and not contested.

The thread is:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8487

And Varlon's post is:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=8487#post107375

Therefore the precedent to accept the transfer at that time was set, The donation to TSE's fleets is valid.

Khendon Sevon
Dec 15th, 2001, 08:18:51 PM
I must, sadly, debate this issue.

Was any mention made that those 3 donated fleets were constructed at TSE customer shipyards at the time? It's difficult to verify, as their preceding thread link is broken.

If it was known at the time that the 3 donated fleets were built at customer yards, there would have been a motion to contest the donation

Varlon Konrad
Dec 15th, 2001, 08:46:45 PM
http://pub4.ezboard.com/fsithempire76244frm8.showMessage?topicID=281.topic
http://pub4.ezboard.com/fsithempire76244frm8.showMessage?topicID=272.topic
http://pub4.ezboard.com/fsithempire76244frm8.showMessage?topicID=269.topic
http://pub4.ezboard.com/fsithempire76244frm8.showMessage?topicID=243.topic
http://pub4.ezboard.com/fsithempire76244frm8.showMessage?topicID=213.topic
http://pub4.ezboard.com/fsithempire76244frm8.showMessage?topicID=219.topic
http://pub4.ezboard.com/fsithempire76244frm8.showMessage?topicID=199.topic
http://pub47.ezboard.com/fthegalacticshipyardsfrm2.showMessage?topicID=2.to pic

There's the links to all of the building for the trio of them. If you don't have access, private message the TSE council about giving access to them (as they're on the old TSE board).

TheHolo.Net
Dec 15th, 2001, 09:16:47 PM
Originally posted by Khendon Sevon
I must, sadly, debate this issue.

Was any mention made that those 3 donated fleets were constructed at TSE customer shipyards at the time? It's difficult to verify, as their preceding thread link is broken.

If it was known at the time that the 3 donated fleets were built at customer yards, there would have been a motion to contest the donation The links that I left are all valid working links though the link directly to the post doesn't function correctly unless the thread is already loaded on the correct page and the link is pasted into the address/location bar. The post # in the thread is #35.

I cannot accept a contesting of this issue now, because of the length of time that the previous thread concluded up until now. It seems to me to be little more than rallying for position/advantage in the announced conflict, after the fact. Had there been any questions regarding where the ships were built, they should have been raised at that time yet they were not, so the validity stands.

Khendon Sevon
Dec 15th, 2001, 10:22:51 PM
That's the same thing as saying if I build 2,000,000 ships on my Guild forums when it's legal, then give them to a group when its considered not allowed, and not downsizing the fleet when it should have been, would be allowed.

But instead of talking about 2,000,000 ships we're talking about a couple hundred.

I'm sorry if this is annoying you, but I must object. "a rally for position" how rude! I just wish for this to be within the rules. If you want it to be a foolish cheaters fight I'll send the Erebus right now into TSE territory and destroy their shipyards, then destroy the planets and once that's done hyperspace out.

It would be breaking the rules, but have they not done so as well?

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 16th, 2001, 12:02:37 AM
Khendon, due to the fact that the rule was not in effect at the time, the argument is kind of pointless. If any of those ships were built illegally, then that's a different story. :mneh

TheHolo.Net
Dec 16th, 2001, 01:21:16 AM
That's the same thing as saying if I build 2,000,000 ships on my Guild forums when it's legal, then give them to a group when its considered not allowed, and not downsizing the fleet when it should have been, would be allowed.The fact that it occured within plain sight of everyone and was not hidden by any means, yet not objected to at the time leaves me with no choice but to stand by my decision.

I'm sorry if this is annoying you, but I must object. "a rally for position" how rude! I just wish for this to be within the rules. If you want it to be a foolish cheaters fight I'll send the Erebus right now into TSE territory and destroy their shipyards, then destroy the planets and once that's done hyperspace out.I apologize if it seems rude, but that is how it appears, when opportunity to object was there six months ago but was not taken and now, due to the planned war it is. If there had been no informative posts regarding this "donation" on SWFans, then the transfer would have been labeled invalid. But it was fairly brought forth to all the posters here in the OOC forum in the spirit of fairplay, commonsense, and honesty and subsequently accepted by the members. No shady dealings or underhanded tactics were involved. Links were provided to all the contents of the fleets he donated.

My decision remains, unless one of the other mods feels it unjust or incorrect, and states their reasons as I have stated mine.

Khendon Sevon
Dec 16th, 2001, 08:59:26 AM
What about the fleet being downsized? which it never was? Isn't that breach of rules?

As well, I am told some of the building times are off... such as things that should have taken twenty days were build in 10...

I know how bothersome this is, but I want to make sure everyone plays fairly, especially when I have to go against them with a fleet that is fair and a lot of time and thought has gone into. Or shall I not be able to do this because it wasn’t challenged when it was posted originally?

TheHolo.Net
Dec 16th, 2001, 10:36:25 AM
What about the fleet being downsized? which it never was? Isn't that breach of rules? What do you base this claim on? I was a part of TSE at the time of the rules being changed and they had to downsize considerably including totally scrap many large vessels which were at the time considered illegal unless RPd on Fans for a period of 90 days. Several Eclipse class Star destroyers and many other vessels.

I do not have the exact numbers or information for what they downsized, but I do know that a claim that they did no downsizing holds no water. Do you have any idea how large the RSO Fleet originally was pre TSE/RSO merger?

And for the record, I am not a member of TSE any longer so they will need to speak to some of these issues which I do not have personal knowledge of themselves.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 16th, 2001, 10:53:19 AM
As well, I am told some of the building times are off... such as things that should have taken twenty days were build in 10...I think I recall this issue now, a question Piett once raised at the TSE shipyards. After looking through the topic I linked previously I found your answer which at the time was also accepted, and not refuted, but is now suddenly being brought up.

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8487

Post # 25

Sumor Rayial 06.21.01 07:19:30 PM
Post #25

Just a notice. I have edited out all of the U/C's from my post. I made the order with a misunderstanding of the new construction rules. I was under the impression that the 250m/day was 250m/ship/day as it was with the old rules. The current order that I put in recently has been stopped and all further orders will be with the 250m/shipyard/day.

Khendon Sevon
Dec 16th, 2001, 11:25:01 AM
it's not of TSE's fleet in total that I talk about, no, I remember them downsizing.

It's Varlon's personal fleet which was added to TSE's, I believe he added it after the downsizing rule, but was his fleet downsized before being absorbed or was it downsized after being absorbed?

TheHolo.Net
Dec 16th, 2001, 11:30:17 AM
Thank you for the clarification. That is an issue which will have to be addressed by another party.

Sumor Rayial
Dec 16th, 2001, 01:53:44 PM
After recieving an e-mail to come look at this thread I'm here and will try and put Khendon's incredibly timed questioning to rest.

What about the fleet being downsized? which it never was? Isn't that breach of rules?

Actually he added it during the downsizing rule. The thread that SWFans used to prove the validity of the transfer was for groups to post their downsized fleets. It had been downsized before Var posted it, as I had asked him too.

As well, I am told some of the building times are off... such as things that should have taken twenty days were build in 10...

I personally take exception to this remark. I either make, or recheck all the calculations on build times for each ship. I've almost never made a mistake in them and if I have I make the neccissary changes. I think that SWFans can back that one up as at times we worked together on the calculations and he occassionaly checked them himself I believe (could be wrong).

I know how bothersome this is, but I want to make sure everyone plays fairly, especially when I have to go against them with a fleet that is fair and a lot of time and thought has gone into.

No this goes towards gaining that extra little edge in the up-coming war. Playing fairly is one thing, nit-picking for the sake of being an ass is another. TSE and Var's fleets are fair and legal. I know I built the vast amount of them and I pride myself on doing things legally and correctly.

Or shall I not be able to do this because it wasn’t challenged when it was posted originally?

Personally I don't think you should be allowed too.

My opening and closing arguments to the SWFans officials on this issue:

6 Months is a long time not to bring this up. And then suddenly when TGE is about to embark on the probably the biggest campaign of their existance it's suddenly an issue. At the time the inclusion of Varlon's fleets were not questioned, and that was when there was, IMHO, an even harsher critic of our fleets and their make up in DT. Now if he did not question this move, GMA of the time, the GJO or any other group didn't question it at the time, then why should the TGE suddenly be allowed to make a big stink about this now right before the big war? I question the timing of this as you have earlier in the thread and think, using everyones least favorite saying (but ironically something I'm currently looking over for one of my history exams |I), that this is simply a witch hunt by TGE to gain (what in perspective of their "mighty" fleets) is a minor advantage in the upcoming war.

Speaking for the group that I have also now left, I ask that you close this argument one way or the other with an official ruling.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 16th, 2001, 02:08:56 PM
Thank you Sumor. Upon reading this, I do now recall you asking Varlon in a private forum or mentioning to me in IM that you did request he downsize his personal fleets before their addition to the existing TSE fleet at the time. I was fuzzy on it until you said this. Therefore I find it to be a valid transfer of assets that broke no rules.

EDIT: Even though the issues have been ruled on, I will leave the topic open for other moderators to review and query if they see fit.

Darth Vader
Dec 16th, 2001, 03:55:36 PM
LOL guess thats me

Well from the moderator standpoint, I concur with the validity of Varlon's fleet assets.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 16th, 2001, 04:52:26 PM
6 Months is a long time not to bring this up. And then suddenly when TGE is about to embark on the probably the biggest campaign of their existence it's suddenly an issue. At the time the inclusion of Varlon's fleets were not questioned, and that was when there was, IMHO, an even harsher critic of our fleets and their make up in DT. Now if he did not question this move, GMA of the time, the GJO or any other group didn't question it at the time, then why should the TGE suddenly be allowed to make a big stink about this now right before the big war? I question the timing of this as you have earlier in the thread and think, using every ones least favorite saying (but ironically something I'm currently looking over for one of my history exams ), that this is simply a witch hunt by TGE to gain (what in perspective of their "mighty" fleets) is a minor advantage in the upcoming war. Sums, I realize it may very well seem that way to you, but look at it from another point of view we (yes, I am a member of TGE as Zorin, if you forgot) have really rarely RPed with TSE, or a lot of other major groups in the last 6 months. At the time TGE had enough to worry about with it's own production of ships and wasn't interested in keeping an eye on TSE or any other group. Obviously we wouldn't be bringing this up unless we planned to RP with you. How many people thought Itala was a God-moder but never brought it up because they didn't plan to RP with him? I personally don't think it should be taken as us nitpicking to gain and advantage or be asses towards TSE. if you asked similar questions about our ships, I wouldn't see it as that either.

imported_Firebird1
Dec 16th, 2001, 09:42:57 PM
Well, I guess I have to add my two cents as well...

Yes I have a fleet, and it was not built by Var or Sums, but it is basicaly apart of TSE's fleet. Since I would like to curb the disscussion here I'd like to point out that as long as we are going over personal fleets, and downsizing.... When does TGE next downsize their fleet since it contains TIR,TGE,GMA, ect...

Darth Viscera
Dec 16th, 2001, 09:55:15 PM
Geez, I did not want to have to get involved in this post, since it seems as though it has only the potential to inflame the situation.

Our fleet was the first to downsize a year ago, and the fleets that we acquired were downsized prior to integration. It seems to me that your challenging the validity of TGE's fleet and insinuation that it needs to be downsized yet again is little more than rallying for position/advantage in the announced conflict, after the fact.

imported_Firebird1
Dec 16th, 2001, 10:08:06 PM
Fine then, I accept that.

But then why ask us to not use our personal fleets? You really don't have any control over them. And you can't tell us that they can't be used at all.

Laran Katern
Dec 16th, 2001, 10:14:39 PM
Maybe I'm missing the whole point here, but I think it to be pointless to have a fleet (regardless of it being a personal fleet or that of an organization), and then being told that you cannot use it. So long as the ships are built legally, there should be no question to the validity of the fleets, or their use. Frankly I do not think it makes much sense to be told how or how you can use your ships. If I have a fleet and I wish to use them to aid GJO in an attack, who is to say that is right or wrong, and that I can't or cannot do it. Like I previously stated, as long as the fleet is constructed legally, I shall use them as I see fit. Who they belong to (individual or organization) should have no bearing on the matter.

Grand Admiral Thrawn
Dec 16th, 2001, 10:23:55 PM
I may not be the leader of TGE, but you can use every ship you got against us for all I care :p.

Varlon Konrad
Dec 16th, 2001, 10:24:45 PM
Viscera, while I'm sorry to say it, you have a history of godmodding and using loopholes to advance your causes. So it's only natural that questions of these types occur.

Grand Admiral Thrawn
Dec 16th, 2001, 10:32:06 PM
Haven't you said that once or twice in the other thread, (the one that announced the battle)? I think Viscera saw it there, but how gracious of you to remind him what you think of him.

Darth Viscera
Dec 16th, 2001, 10:34:24 PM
you have a history of godmodding and using loopholes to advance your causes.

Maybe you can private message me this compilation which is referred to at great length, and I can review it. I'd like to see what exactly it is that I've been accused of in dark corners, and why I've been peered at through 2000x telescopes.

Jedah Lynch
Dec 17th, 2001, 12:22:28 AM
It seems to me that your challenging the validity of TGE's fleet and insinuation that it needs to be downsized yet again is little more than rallying for position/advantage in the announced conflict, after the fact.

At the time TGE had enough to worry about with it's own production of ships and wasn't interested in keeping an eye on TSE or any other group.

I may not be the leader of TGE, but you can use every ship you got against us for all I care .

Read: Yes we got more ships and thats the reason we are attacking now since we dont believe you can win due to our vast number of ships and we didnt attack before because we didnt want to risk losing even if we had equal to slightly more ships and being left with nothing. Yet now due to having way more ships than you we can safely attack and not being worried having our balls caught and shoved down our throats.

*snickers*

Nothing but a bunch of yellow belly cowards. I would say a few more choice words but promised Char to try to be a bit nice some time ago in a post:)

imported_Firebird1
Dec 17th, 2001, 12:31:33 AM
Nah, I don't need to PM you on something like this, it is OOC busness and an opinion.

Well, Vic, both you and your group have a history of looking at the rules through 200xMicroscopes and finding loopholes that make everyone else mad. Weither a personal fleet is legal or not depends on how it was built.

Look all I am trying to say is that you look at the rules, see the smallest problem, and go nuts trying to fix it, but many people including myself see it, your looking for a way to win before you even step onto the battle field...

Darth Viscera
Dec 17th, 2001, 01:27:16 AM
:lol

Well, that's nice. I care, really.

BTW, Jedah, you know what is a happy thought to think about? It puts a smile on your face ever so often...TSE's existence is at the Empire's discretion. I've been pondering that thought ever since January.

Jedah Lynch
Dec 17th, 2001, 01:37:14 AM
Edited out due to being way too mean.

Bah.

I hate being nice......

Darth Viscera
Dec 17th, 2001, 01:51:15 AM
I'll remind you of your words the day that the Empire takes TSE's last planet. We will see who laughes their asses off.

Jedah Lynch
Dec 17th, 2001, 02:06:02 AM
Sure Vis.....sure......

TheHolo.Net
Dec 17th, 2001, 02:10:39 AM
I have a question: How is it that TGE even knows which planets TSE possesses, via IC means?

Darth Viscera
Dec 17th, 2001, 02:19:23 AM
1. Trade routes.

2. Keyhole matrices.

Or are you suggesting that TSE would so closed off that it would not allow trade ships to enter its territory? No, that option is not feasible at all. Populations lead to need for resources, which leads to trade, which leads to maps, interstate highways, 18-wheelers, and KFC's. And even if it didn't lead to maps, interstate highways, 18-wheelers, and KFC's, our bases are covered because of Keyhole.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 17th, 2001, 02:20:48 AM
I have yet to see you do any RP that substantiates either of the items of knowledge you say you magically posses.

EDIT: Here are a pair of examples of threads I located which could be used to substantiate claims of finding the worlds belonging to other groups. One is completed and the other has only just started. These I see as valid IC precursors to such a battle as you are proposing and or the acquisition of knowledge regarding a group’s planetary assets.

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11362

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8963

Both examples are what I would define as fairplay, providing the open opportunity (via an open thread) for other individuals or groups to counter such measures. I find the idea of mystical Keyhole matrices to be something that borders if not is in the realm of god mode, being something someone else cannot thwart, something that gives you instant uncontested information. Isn’t RP about give and take? Allowing all players to have an influence over events. Is it fair to possess a device that thwarts fairplay and a sense of OOC working together to accomplish goals? I admit the idea is very creative, but I also question its fairness.

Darth Viscera
Dec 17th, 2001, 02:44:10 AM
In the 1 year and 10 days since Keyhole Station's completion, it has been mentioned and used in numerous RP's. Never once has its existence been challenged by you or any other moderator/administrator.

Jedah Lynch
Dec 17th, 2001, 02:49:48 AM
I challenge it.

Sadly not a mod or admin but considering the war that is coming its only fair.

I have a problem with any device that magically tells locations etc.

Its too much of a quick fix if not God mode like device.

Sanis Prent
Dec 17th, 2001, 09:34:18 AM
My interpretation is that TGE shouldn't know of Monto Codru, but could know of the other TSE worlds, I'd think.

I mean, between Fondor, Ord Mantell, Byss, Kessel, Bespin, etc....lol you can't just put a handkerchief over them and disappear :p

As far as Keyhole goes...its always been a bit iffy in my eyes, but its nothing new, and has existed for over a year, used many many many times. Before whining about it, I would use the system against TGE.

Darth Viscera
Dec 17th, 2001, 10:47:20 AM
Fine. Keyhole is kaput.

Sanis Prent
Dec 17th, 2001, 11:18:19 AM
And I'm going to suggest that you call off the hounds. Twice of recent, Vis has been very forthcoming and constructive, with no such return action. So now, if you want anything else...I suggest you curb your snide insults, and try a little compassionate compromise in return.

This goes to Varlon, Lynch, Firebird, Rama, and anybody else who is contesting anything that Viscera has done, plans to do, or you suspect him of doing. Its time to sit back, be objective, and realize how forthcoming he is being in this, and how it might be prudent to do likewise.

Any more insults, bickering, or snide little jabs from anybody in this exchange, and I will stuff my socks in your mouth, hogtie you with dry twine, and drag you from the back of my truck.

And that is on the record.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 17th, 2001, 11:20:20 AM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
Any more insults, bickering, or snide little jabs from anybody in this exchange, and I will stuff my socks in your mouth, hogtie you with dry twine, and drag you from the back of my truck.

And that is on the record. Seconded.

Gav Mortis
Dec 17th, 2001, 01:31:27 PM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
And I'm going to suggest that you call off the hounds. Twice of recent, Vis has been very forthcoming and constructive, with no such return action. So now, if you want anything else...I suggest you curb your snide insults, and try a little compassionate compromise in return.

Amen.

Live Wire
Dec 17th, 2001, 02:02:03 PM
Thank god someone said it.

The people who do that are a blight on the RP community.

Varlon Konrad
Dec 17th, 2001, 02:37:56 PM
EDIT: Now now, we said no more and we meant it, from either side. Lets keep it constructive and not inflamitory.

Admiral Lebron
Dec 17th, 2001, 04:26:35 PM
I wonder what he said. .

Daegal Murdoch
Dec 17th, 2001, 06:02:24 PM
I find it interesting that the only post after Sanis' warning that was edited was Varlon’s. Just another testament to the cliqueism, I guess...

Say what we want you to or get edited...sounds rather dicatorish, if I do say so myself. If you did not want any more posts, you should have just closed the thread...

Just the ramblings of an outspoken nobody...

And now back on topic...

So, what is the final ruling? Can personal fleets be used or not?

TheHolo.Net
Dec 17th, 2001, 06:10:13 PM
His post contained just what was warned not to, noncunstructive insults, and therefore was removed. None of the others did, had they the same treatment would have been dealt.

Daegal Murdoch
Dec 17th, 2001, 06:13:13 PM
The people who do that are a blight on the RP community.

That is not an insult? :rolleyes

Varlon Konrad
Dec 17th, 2001, 06:15:05 PM
I would have to agree with Daegal on that regard, to be honest..

TheHolo.Net
Dec 17th, 2001, 06:15:55 PM
It however was not directed at an individual. And can be read many ways.

Varlon Konrad
Dec 17th, 2001, 06:17:38 PM
Originally posted by SWFans.Net
It however was not directed at an individual. And can be read many ways.
So if it isn't directed at an individual, inflammatory comments are allowed? Seems a little askewed to me.

Gav Mortis
Dec 17th, 2001, 06:24:26 PM
Look, this is quite simple.

People who insult others in an inflammatory way are the blight of the roleplaying community - hence the editing.

LW was simply stating one of the reasons why the post was edited, otherwise it would not have been edited.

It's a game. That's the bottom line and those who feel the need for getting personal in a nasty way can take it elsewhere - I for one have no time for that.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 17th, 2001, 06:26:30 PM
So, after all the assistance I provided TSE by looking up topics and pointing out facts to support them against the claims that TGE started initially in this thread, I am now suddenly being accused of being biased against them? You people are confusing.

Daegal Murdoch
Dec 17th, 2001, 06:45:37 PM
Ogre - No, No, NO! I am not accusing anyone of anything. I am merely suggesting that the topic be closed to prevent any further confusion...

Gav -

LW was simply stating one of the reasons why the post was edited, otherwise it would not have been edited.
LW's post was BEFORE Varlons post was edited. Moot point.

That's the bottom line and those who feel the need for getting personal in a nasty way can take it elsewhere - I for one have no time for that.

With all due respect, if you have no time for my comments, don't read them and certainly don't reply to them. As to you suggesting I leave. I will continue to come to and post on this board until someone in charge asks me to do otherwise...

TheHolo.Net
Dec 17th, 2001, 06:50:17 PM
Originally posted by Daegal Murdoch
I am merely suggesting that the topic be closed to prevent any further confusion...Looks for suggestion prior to this..........

Oh well, noted though and done.