PDA

View Full Version : The Shipyard Forums...

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 14th, 2001, 08:25:43 AM
When I go into the main "Shipyards" forum and click on "Mark Forum Read," it doesn't mark them all read. It doesn't do it either when I click that for the main Storytelling Forum, which is somewhat logical In my opinion, but that means that there is always a new post icon beside Storytelling unless I go into each individual Shipyard forum and click "Mark Forum Read."

I also had one more thing to ask about... what goes into the "Reviews" section. I heard it was for character profiles? I wanted to put mine there but was hoping to see some kind of official guide line for it beforehand. Like could names be filed last name first That'll make it easier to view family members side by side and stuff.

That's my feedback for the week... :)

TheHolo.Net
Dec 14th, 2001, 09:47:46 AM
The “Mark forum Read” feature that we have implemented here, is only what it ways it is in a literal sense. Meaning that any “children” forums are not included in being marked read. (Children being subforums of another forum.

Due to the nature of the template in vBulletin and my own lack of extensive PHP coding skills, I am unable to remove the “Mark Forum Read” Link from the top of this page

http://www.swforums.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=33

without having the same link be removed from the top of all the forums including the one you are in reading this message.

If you have a look on that page I linked, you will see in the “Last Post” column that there is also a link there to “Mark Forum Read” which should be functional because those links are for the individual forums themselves and do not include “children” forums.

There is a newer release of the individual “Mark Forum Read’ hack available that includes the ability to add a link that would allow the marking read of a forum and its children besides the “Mark All Forums Read” link on the Forum index page, but it is very long and complex to add and also puts a great deal more strain on the Database than the current implementation we are using. I also find it difficult to justify implementing such a hack when we don’t have but the single set of subforums.

I hope that explains your issue.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 15th, 2001, 02:43:52 PM
Oh, alright. That makes sense then.