PDA

View Full Version : Britney Spears to appear nude?

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 13th, 2001, 02:13:04 PM
I found this story on IMDB and was a little surprised.
Teen queen Britney Spears is posing nude for an upcoming animal rights campaign. Britney will strip down to her birthday suit for People For The Ethical Treatment Of Animals (PETA) before Christmas. PETA spokesman Dan Mathews says, "It's very exciting news. We are really thrilled to have Britney join our new crop of fur-fighters." The singing sensation's decision seems to be a complete turn around, she's been criticised in the past by animal campaigners for wearing a snake at the MTV awards and selling her house "complete with the family pets" earlier this year. After the famous snake-charming performance, PETA wrote to the 20-year-old star asking her reconsider using animals. Mathews recalls, "A few weeks after we wrote her, we were sent a letter saying Britney had abandoned using animals on tour. She took our message to heart. There's so many different animal issues, and you can't expect that everyone is born Ghandi. We think Britney has set a great example of someone who listened to what we had to say and made a change."

Does anybody know when this is coming out? And where? I'm sure they will cover up her private areas that is way these adds work usually but still I sure want to see it.

darth_mcbain
Dec 13th, 2001, 02:26:47 PM
Its almost like "What do you hope to prove or accomplish by doing that?" While I'm not adamantly for it, I support the cause, but I don't see the relevance of having to pose nude to show your support for it. Except to get attention, which this undoubtedly will. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 13th, 2001, 02:40:36 PM
That is why I am sure they are doing it. It is probably one of those I rather be naked than wear Fur, at least I would think that is the case. Now the question is why is Spears doing it? Does she support animal rights or she doing just to get attention to herself? I personally have no idea, maybe she feels strongly for the cause at least I hope that is the case. Regardless I wouldn't mind seeing it.

ReaperFett
Dec 13th, 2001, 02:52:58 PM
All Spears is is a publicity seeking Barbie doll. Really couldnt care less what she does, so it hardly advertises the campaign to me

darth_mcbain
Dec 13th, 2001, 03:13:05 PM
Yeah, I think I would have to agree with Reap on that... Who knows, maybe she does feel really strongly about it, but the action that she is taking doesn't really seem like it is about the cause, but about drawing attention to herself. "Look at me - I'm naked and I care about animals!" And we're all supposed to go "awwww..." Just looks like a cheap publicity stunt to me.

JMK
Dec 13th, 2001, 04:47:09 PM
Who says that we'll even see anything?

ReaperFett
Dec 13th, 2001, 04:56:09 PM
you wont. When they did this a few years back, they were conviently placed

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 13th, 2001, 05:17:09 PM
Something will cover up the naughty parts, I'm sure, I would be shocked if they didn't do it that way.

Jedieb
Dec 13th, 2001, 05:32:26 PM
Yeah, she showed her love of animals when she dragged that damn python on stage. Give me a break. If you need a letter from PETA to shape your world view then you really are an airhead. I can see her publicist and agent coaching her on her response. Nothing against vegetarians, it's the publicity aspect of this that irks me. If you don't want to eat meat because YOU think it's unhealty or because YOU think it's cruel to animals then fine. But when Britney Spears starts trying to tell me what to eat because her publicist thinks it's a good idea then she's asking for a mighty wave of my middle finger and a quick change of the radio station whenever one of her sad songs starts playing. Now you'll have to excuse me, I have to go fire up the grill and roast some me some meat!:D

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 13th, 2001, 05:38:16 PM
I don't think its the vegetarian campaign she is pushing but the fur one which is different, I dislike real fur myself (I think the fake stuff is better looking truthly). I think its going to be one of those posters that says I'd rather be naked than wear fur but that is guess maybe it has to with trying to prevent cruelty to animals. I don't really know the IMDB article really didn't say and I haven't seen anything else about it. Unless its all a hoax started by some PETA activitist to make Spears look bad.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 14th, 2001, 01:58:06 PM
Well it looks like it was all a hoax here is a story on Yahoo where Spears people and Peta both deny the story
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011213/re/people_spears_dc_1.html

I am guessing somebody leaked this false story to IMDB which doesn't surprise me.

JMK
Dec 14th, 2001, 02:20:55 PM
whatever, it's not like what she does now is that far removed from nudity anyway!

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 14th, 2001, 02:23:25 PM
True she does show off a lot of her body anyway, but I guess she draws the line at doing it for a cause;)

darth_mcbain
Dec 14th, 2001, 02:24:34 PM
:lol LOL - how true... We already have all the eye candy we need...

JMK
Dec 14th, 2001, 06:11:22 PM
Whoa! Dude!
There's never enough almost-nude Britney. Let's keep a level head here!