PDA

View Full Version : Regarding "Gue is going down"

Darth Viscera
Dec 10th, 2001, 05:10:01 AM
Please post your OOC comments to that thread here.

It is the actual gravity well that prevents the creation of a hyperspace field. If you tried to jump to hyperspace near a gravity well of that mass, while the safeties are off, your hyperdrive would activate, of course, but the ship wouldn't go anywhere because of the gravity well. The hyperdrive would likely burn itself out (literally-I'm talking a firestorm and a lot of dead engineering crew) while the motivators consistantly encountered gravitational friction.

Sorry, but no hyperspace, at least not while those 300 ships are there.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 10th, 2001, 08:46:48 AM
I scanned the thread earlier and I'd have to kind of agree with you on that. Gue would have a hard time trying to escape with all those ships around. He'd have to get clear of them with sublight engines...

Lord Gue
Dec 11th, 2001, 06:25:54 PM
Yes, but remember, most of those ships are on the other side of the gas cloud, the only real ships around are the ones that are just arriving from the patrol fleet...

Admiral Lebron
Dec 11th, 2001, 07:02:21 PM
And the ones that are coming through in my post which I believe is my entire fleet minus Div. 2 Reserves.

Lord Gue
Dec 11th, 2001, 07:09:26 PM
if we look at your posts, divisions one and two are in the cloud with you. This info is akin to the post stating that parts of these forces are turning back to lay waste to the planet.
In the begining you left to groups of ships outside to patrol, I can only assume these are divisions 3 and 4.
Now given that only one division has activley started on its course towards my ship and your first and second fleet hasnt penetrated the cloud yet, might I also add here that you might wanna drop your interdictor fields for that as well or let all of your crew die, so really all I have coming my way to even remotly worry about is divisions 3 or 4. one or the other though, not both...

Admiral Lebron
Dec 11th, 2001, 07:10:53 PM
That's why I have more then 1 interdictor ship. The Yank is with the reserves outside the cloud.

Lord Gue
Dec 11th, 2001, 07:12:49 PM
Yes, but you do realize those interdictor feilds do pass through the cloud, its not as if it stops gravity...

Admiral Lebron
Dec 11th, 2001, 07:18:46 PM
I know. But it's extra-precaution.

Lord Gue
Dec 11th, 2001, 07:22:45 PM
It would kill you if you did that, I dont think you follow my reasoning yet. You jump into hyperspace, your engines blow, your stuck in the cloud. The clouds effect takes place, leaving you powerless, I.E. no shields. The radiation kills off your crew cuase ya cant move out of the cloud, I.E. dead...

Admiral Lebron
Dec 11th, 2001, 07:25:29 PM
Okay ONE I am talking about the interdictor cruiser outside of the cloud that has never entered the cloud as I said in my earlier posts. TWO I realize that. The precaution is incase you decided to drop the cloud and go to hyperspace, or do you expect M. Gue to keep up the cloud in hyperspace.

Lord Gue
Dec 11th, 2001, 07:32:21 PM
Okay Lebron, let me try to explain this to you as to fully understand.

first:
their are two clouds at play here occording to you
1. The cloud around Ganath system
2. The force storm you want to keep calling a cloud

okay, now listen, your fleet is behind cloud #1, you want to move it past cloud #1, but the only way to do so is to jump through hyperspace. You cant do this becuase the interdictor field on your ships on your side of cloud #1 and my side of cloud #1 are active. If you shut down your feilds and attempted to jump, then the feild formed by the interdictor on my side cloud #1 would stop you in your tracks, cuasing the afore mentioned symptoms. Only if both fields were shut down could you make it through alive.
As for keeping up cloud #2 in hyperspace, why would I? Id be away from you and could relax my character a bit.

Admiral Lebron
Dec 11th, 2001, 07:36:15 PM
Okay. In response. I know that besides, I know I have to go to hyperspace so I shut down the wells on my side. The wells on your side aren't pushed up onto it, infact you probably have had a little bit of time on your hands so you've gotten a bit aways, so when my fleet jumps to your side, the second gravity wells pulls us to regular space, so our engines aren't messed up because our power would shut down as we come into realspace on the otherside of the cloud. Since the cloud proboably isn't more a few dozen km thick which take no time to rip through. Maybe a couple seconds.

Lord Gue
Dec 11th, 2001, 07:43:38 PM
I dont think so, very inventive, but I believe you yourself made it so when i did come through the cloud your fleet would be right there.
Kudo's for effort and ingenuity, but not much on the survival instinct

imported_Firebird1
Dec 11th, 2001, 08:59:57 PM
Well, I have now inserted myself in that thread, to watch of course. But if anyone so much as lays a scratch on my fighters, there will be heck to pay after.

Ok, okay. I know the way I did it was probally the most stupidest thing I could of done, but.... what can I say, sometimes mistakes happen.

Khendon Sevon
Dec 11th, 2001, 10:05:06 PM
Gue, stop.

We have anti-grav. well technology. We don't need to shut our wells.

Varlon Konrad
Dec 11th, 2001, 10:30:12 PM
Originally posted by Khendon Sevon
We don't need to shut our wells.
Don't need to shut your gravwell, but you sure as hell can shut your other one :)

Tom Servo
Dec 11th, 2001, 10:37:32 PM
Varlon, save snide comments for when they're needed.

Lord Gue
Dec 12th, 2001, 03:05:42 PM
Your ships might, but Lebron is using his old TIR ships, and to my knowledge an overhaul of that magnitude would not be accomplished in a matter of days, especially in the time needed to make a hyperspace jump from former TIR space to ganath.
Also, I might add that lebron himself has not shown, either in his talks or his posts, any knowledge of this.

Gav Mortis
Dec 12th, 2001, 03:48:03 PM
:lol

(Just has to laugh at the threads title)

:lol

Lord Gue
Dec 12th, 2001, 03:57:50 PM
Thanks for that comment Gav, and I'd just like everyone tobe aware of my next movie going by the same name, to be released early next year.
Look for it in your XXX video stores near you...