PDA

View Full Version : Moulin Rouge named best film of the year

Dutchy
Dec 6th, 2001, 02:03:31 PM
Moulin Rouge landed atop the National Board of Review (news - web sites)'s Best Films list:

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/abc/20011206/en/filmboard011206_1.html

Jedieb
Dec 6th, 2001, 02:22:10 PM
Puff Daddy at the Oscars. Let the shootouts begin!:shootin

darth_mcbain
Dec 6th, 2001, 02:28:14 PM
I for one am glad - I liked that movie. I think part of it was that I didn't think I would like it at all, so I had no expectations. I watched in on a plane and ended up really liking it. It will probably be one I'll pick up on DVD. There were some really good other movies up there... I liked Memento a lot, and A.I. was pretty good and thought provoking - I could see why it was up there, even though it wasn't my favorite.

ReaperFett
Dec 6th, 2001, 02:31:59 PM
A thought for you. Moulin Rouge wont win the Oscars, due to how it is selected. So, that could mean Oceans 11 has a chance of glory. That'll make up for the shafting of Out of Sight :)

And great to see Blackhawk Down around too

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 6th, 2001, 03:24:57 PM
Moulin Rouge will get nominated, I doubt that Oceans 11 will not get nominated it will be a huge shock I think. I still stand by my guess: LOTR, Ali, Moulin Rouge, Black Hawk Down, and In the Bedroom. I think the Majestic is a possibility the same with AI or Memento. It is impossible to say what will win, I would be surprised if LOTR wins, Ali is possible but I bet it would be Black Hawk Down probably because of what happened over the past year.