PDA

View Full Version : Something I Noticed...

Morgan Evanar
Dec 5th, 2001, 07:43:12 PM
I've noticed from several PCs and in different user accounts that at times when you try to bring up www.swforums.net, the portal doesn't show, only a page that says "Powered by vBulletin."

This is Jeseth, btw.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 5th, 2001, 07:45:03 PM
That is typical when using Text-Based Style sets. I still haven't created the templates for that style set yet.

I will add Portal templates to the text based style sets soon.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 5th, 2001, 07:48:54 PM
Oh, alright. That also explains the difficulty logging out using Text Based sometimes...

TheHolo.Net
Dec 5th, 2001, 07:49:46 PM
If you look at the topic below this one, that may explain your log out problems from some PCs.

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11255

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 5th, 2001, 09:12:45 PM
I'm not sure if that would be it... I cleared all of the cookies on one PC, and deleted the temp internet file, and the only way I got it to sign out of the account was to switch the default style sheet to something other than Text-Based...

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 5th, 2001, 09:20:10 PM
One more thing I noticed under Internet Explorer: when you go and view a users profile, where it says "Status:" in Text-Based it shows a snippet of HTML code that says "border="0" align="middle">" right besides the number of stars a user has.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 5th, 2001, 09:21:34 PM
I just used the log out feature in a Text-Based Style and had no trouble. O_o

Originally posted by Jeseth Cloak
One more thing I noticed under Internet Explorer: when you go and view a users profile, where it says "Status:" in Text-Based it shows a snippet of HTMl code that says "border="0" align="middle">" right besides the number of stars a user has. Which style was this you were viewing someone's prodile in?

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 5th, 2001, 09:28:55 PM
Also Text-Based. As for that problem logging out, it happens only on one of Morgan's PCs. I don't have that problem on mine, but I noticed it and figured I should mention it just in case.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 5th, 2001, 09:35:56 PM
It doesn't look to be a widespread problem since I am unable to re-produce it. (The log out issue)

As for the user profile problem, it was a mistake in the template that I have now fixed. I have also set it up so that the portal now appears in the text based style and is as close to Text-Based as I can make it.

Thanks for bringing these issues to my attention. With so many styles its easy for me to miss little things here and there. :)

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 5th, 2001, 09:37:29 PM
No problem at all. I appreciate the prompt assistance. This place still beats the crap out of Ezboard even in the support department.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 5th, 2001, 09:41:29 PM
:D