PDA

View Full Version : The New Doo

Jedieb
Dec 4th, 2001, 09:05:26 PM
Has everybody heard about the new Scooby Doo movie? Aside from some dubious casting(Freddie Prinze as Fred?!) this has some decent possibilities. My son and I have watched the trailer about a dozen times. He keeps asking me to play it again and again. Scooby will be mostly CGI and I think he looks pretty good. I've lost the link for the moment but when I find it I'll post it.

Ash Longbaugh
Dec 4th, 2001, 09:14:48 PM
apparently, Harry at AICN has seen the cript, and says it is dire. They are working for the wrong audience. For example, Shaggy does hint strongly at drug use. WHY? Isnt needed.

They should have stopped when Myers dropped out

Jedieb
Dec 4th, 2001, 09:25:19 PM
That pisses me off! Scooby should be targeted at the same audience HP is. But I guess they think that by appealing to the older audience that grew up on Scooby they can widen their demographics. Why the hell would they turn Shaggy into a stoner when it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the character or the show? I saw a picture of the cast and the male leads looked ridiculous. The guy playing Shaggy (I recognized the actor but don't know his name. He was in that dreadful Wing Commander with Prinze. He was the red headed pilot.) is actually bigger and stronger looking than Fred (Prinze)! What the hell is wrong with these people? The trailer featured nothing but a spooky mansion and a CGI Scooby at the end. It looked pretty good and my son loved it. But if they're going to have Shaggy making jokes about his bong then he'll have to stay home from this one and that's a shame.:mad

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 4th, 2001, 10:05:30 PM
I have a bad feeling about it the minute I saw that Matthew Lillard and Freddie Prinze Jr were in the same duo that did that dud Wing Commander. (Lillard was also in Scream the only decent movie he has made, I'm not sure if Prinze has even made one good movie). Not only that but I question if it will even be believable (Rocky and Bullwinkle and The Flintstones both come to mind) and then if the script it bad I think it could be just as bad as those two cartoon films.

Champion of the Force
Dec 4th, 2001, 11:22:29 PM
For example, Shaggy does hint strongly at drug use.
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

:cry

I saw the trailer last week and I thought it was pretty cool. However I also saw a poster somewhere on the Internet and to me Sarah Michelle Gellar doesn't look right - she's too short for the role of Dafney (sp?). And Shaggy looks pretty solid compared to Fred as you said Eb. :(

At least there's no sign of Scrappy Doo ...

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 4th, 2001, 11:28:10 PM
you mean your not going to miss, "Ta ta da, Puppy Power." :p

Champion of the Force
Dec 4th, 2001, 11:31:23 PM
Certainly not. :)

Was I the only one who wondered how on earth Scrappy could talk so well compared to Scooby?

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 4th, 2001, 11:38:07 PM
I don't really remember it that much, I guess Scrappy was annoying but what I really didn't like was that year or so when it was just Scooby, Shaggy, and Scrappy:x That was terrible. They tried to redeem themselves by doing that 13 ghosts of Scobby Doo but it was just okay, the best thing about it was Vincent Price playing a main character (just hearing Price's voice made the series at least watchable).

Jedieb
Dec 5th, 2001, 11:57:43 AM
OH YODA HOW I HATED SCRAPPY!!! He was beyond annoying! The 13 ghosts show with Price was pretty good whenever Scrappy kept his mouth shut. A lot of the Scooby cartoons from the 80's were just plain awful. The classic cartoons and a lot of the new movies are very funny and hold up pretty well. A Pup Named Scooby Doo is pretty good also. Not that I watch cartoons. This is all stuff I've read...:rolleyes

JMK
Dec 5th, 2001, 09:47:21 PM
Guys--hate to burst the bubble, but Shaggy has always been a stoner. C'mon, hungry all the time, spooked by his own shadow, paranoid to the gills. Time to face the facts! :lol

ReaperFett
Dec 6th, 2001, 05:45:35 AM
yes, but they never said that, or hinted at it. Thats because its for kids.

Whoever is making this should be shot

Jedieb
Dec 6th, 2001, 09:11:05 AM
Shaggy a stoner?! NEVER! What's next, Fred was gay? Daphne had an eating disorder? Velma was a militant lesbian? Wait a minute... it all makes sense now... NNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!:cry