PDA

View Full Version : Jango Fett possible spoilers

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 4th, 2001, 08:40:59 PM
I put this on the portal page but figured I put it here now to get some discussion about Jango and what kind of role you all think he will have in the new movie

To read the spoilers uncover it by right- clicking your mouse over the grey text, it is a minor plot spoiler but you may not want to read it but regardless it does not impact the article.

Star Wars insider #57 has arrived and it has probably the best new images for Attack of the Clones. On the cover is the new villain, Jango Fett. Much like the images from the trailers he is
wearing armor similar to the infamous Boba Fett except for one difference the armor is silver. Along with seeing the armor, we also get to meet the man who has the formidable task of playing
who is sure to become one of the favorite characters from the Episode Two, his name is Temuera Morrison.

Morrison is a huge actor from his native homeland of New Zealand staring in his nation’s box office champ Once were Warriors. Even Morrison admits that joining the Star Wars cast is bigger than anything he has done. He says candidly, “I’m entering into another realm. Everybody wants to be in Star Wars.” Still Morrison had no idea what he was in for when he took the role. He was only given a few pages of script and told he was playing a bad guy named Jango Fett who is Boba
Fett’s father. When [casting director] Robin Gurland told him the news he said, “Great! Beautiful! That sounds good!’, Then, when hung up, I said, ‘Who the hell is that?” When he told a few of his friends the news they explained to him who Boba Fett was he realize how important of a role he had gained. He explains, “I’m the original bounty hunter. Whatever Boba Fett is, he takes it from me.” Morrison has come along way from his New Zealand roots where he is member of the native Maori tribe (the Maori are ancestors of the first Polynesian settlers to New Zealand). Temuera first became a journalist and went into television journalism. He then started acting and he first became noticed in 1986 for the film Other Halves, and at the New Zealand Film Awards, he was nominated as Best Supporting Actor. He has also appeared in many films including: Never Say
Die, The Piano, Barb Wire, The Island of Dr. Moreau, Six Days, Seven Nights, Speed 2, and Vertical Limit.

Still, Morrison did have a few problems with the role. First there was the armor itself which Morrison admits that,” when the helmet was on my head, I had trouble breathing, seeing and
everything–so there were a lot of curse words underneath my helmet,” he continues,” they try to make it as comfortable as they can, but when there’s rain coming down, its not easy.” Speaking of rain he reveals that he has a huge battle scene in the rain and the battle scenes were not easy to do and he had to eventually use a stunt double for some of them. Besides the suit he also was unprepared for CGI but in the end he says, “the principle’s the same–lights, camera, action–no difference. Its just that every now and then you’ve got to look up and pretend somebody’s there.”

Overall, he enjoyed his Star Wars experienced and he is ready for the stardom that comes with it but he should have no problem getting advise from someone who has shared a similar experience. He explains, “The funny thing is the guy who used to play Boba Fett, Jeremy Bulloch, goes to one of my favorite restaurants in L.A. all the time, and every time I turn up there they go, ‘oh your son was just in here’; which is funny because he’s 20 years older than me. I’m going to tell the guys at the restaurant to tell me when he’s coming back and I’ll come in. I need to meet my son, Boba Fett.” Hopefully he will carry that enthusiasm over to the big screen as he become the next Star Wars phenomenon.