PDA

View Full Version : News story

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 4th, 2001, 02:56:17 AM
I was going to write a story based on the new SW insider 57 about Jango Fett. I was mostly going to tell about what the article on Jango, it doesn't reveal any spoilers, at least I don't think so. Unless you count what he looks like but I wanted to confirm with everybody else I don't want somebody to freak out think I ruined the movie for them by describing Jango.

Nupraptor
Dec 4th, 2001, 03:20:31 AM
How about this: Create a new topic stating that you have information on Jango Fett from SW Insider, but don't post any details. Instead, reply to your own topic with all the details. That way, someone has to click the "Read More" link to see everything, and won't accidentally read something they wouldn't want to.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 4th, 2001, 03:26:18 AM
Yep, I agree with Nup. A little teaser info in your main post and a follow up with all the info in another reply. That way to some that may consider it spoiler information, they actually have to follow the link after being forewarned.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 4th, 2001, 03:27:09 AM
Okay that will work because there is one detail in the story he is revealed to be Boba's father Now should I put spoiler code around that information because it domiates the article well at least on three occasions on the story I am writing and there is one funny joke that will get blurted out too.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 4th, 2001, 03:29:07 AM
Yeah, spoiler tagging it is probably a good idea, including explaining how to read the spoiler info for any new visitors who may view the story after linking to it from the main page.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 4th, 2001, 04:06:40 AM
I just put it up so if you would like to look it over go ahead. There were only three places that I felt needed to be covered up, but if you think there is something else in there you can edit it if you wish.

Jedieb
Dec 4th, 2001, 08:42:12 AM
That's a great piece for the Portal page JMC. I went ahead and did something for the Films page. Nothing earth shatering but a chance for people to dicuss EP2 & EP3 and connect them to the OT.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 4th, 2001, 08:03:11 PM
Thanks, I enjoyed your piece too, now I wish people would start discussing them:( Maybe we need to put up a thread in the films about each one and start a discussion on the stories ourselves.

Champion of the Force
Dec 4th, 2001, 11:06:16 PM
Maybe we need to put up a thread in the films about each one and start a discussion on the stories ourselves.
That's what I've been trying to do with the 2 news items I've put up - have the news item there for people to read, then provide a link to a discussion thread. This works best I think when the thread contains the rest of the news item, or if the thread is already an ongoing discussion.

I intend to keep doing a similar sort of thing if/when I put news items up - I just think it works out better if any discussion develops since it encourages posting in the relevant forums on the topics at hand. :)