PDA

View Full Version : Episode II: First Scene Deletions

imported_Eve
Dec 3rd, 2001, 08:24:38 PM
Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones has been finished filming for some time now. The film is now in the editing stage, and it would appear that the events of September 11th, 2001 have affected the finished product.

TFN posted an update Friday, November 30th, 2001 which featured information on two scenes that have been deleted from Ep II so far. One scene, which had been reported in the past as being a fast-paced action sequence, ended up on the cutting room floor as a result of the sensitivities to recent terrorist activity in New York. Another scene, which established the "cocky", and no doubt arrogant character of Anakin Skywalker, was also deleted due to relevance.

TFN reporters believe that the second scene will most likely end up on the Episode II DVD. The first is most likely never to be viewed by the general public.

If you would like to know specific details about the deleted scenes, click here (http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=13326). Please be forewarned that the details of these scenes contain spoilers to the final cut.

Champion of the Force
Dec 3rd, 2001, 08:34:45 PM
Just corrected a few spelling errors. :)

imported_Eve
Dec 3rd, 2001, 08:38:34 PM
That's what I get for not using spell check. >_<

Sanis Prent
Dec 7th, 2001, 03:33:35 PM
Well, considering that neither of those are too terribly important, I think that'll be okay. I can understand the first one not being in there, and even the second...although the biblical reference would indeed be something interesting.