PDA

View Full Version : Big Important Mod Question!!!!

Admiral Lebron
Dec 3rd, 2001, 06:32:20 PM
I am attacking Ganath III. According to Gue, it has a radioactive passive shield. Other then it's obvious effects, of killing all life on the planet, unless it's properly shielded, he says it will basiclly launch an EMP at my ships and hurt them temporarily.

Now, I see it, as he would not be alive if he ate any food on it. He would die. So, basiclly, is this legal and possible? I am giving you the facts, your choice.

Lord Gue
Dec 3rd, 2001, 07:09:20 PM
No, its not a shield, its an effect of nature mixed in with the meddlings of the Ganath people, before I took it over, if you look up that thread, you too will also see that I submited myself to the very same effect in my attempt to conquer the planet.

the effects of the radioactive cloud are as follows:
1. Kill any being not passing through it at hyperspace velocitys
2. Shut down all major power sources on a ship for a span of about one minute
3. Look really cool with lotsa different colors...

Khendon Sevon
Dec 3rd, 2001, 07:13:21 PM
That is, if your ship is a modern day shuttle...
but unlike modern day shuttles, SW ships have shielding against radioactive materials, thus, they'd be able to stay operation. Sensors, would, however, be affected in some ways... images would be fuzzy, whitenoise might be apparent in vocal communication via waves... the usual annoying effects, but other than that... I don't see how radiation would shut down a vessel designed for prolonged space flight.

Lord Gue
Dec 3rd, 2001, 07:41:26 PM
Radiation also doesnt cause alotta different colas, its an unknown natrual phenomenea, deal with it, I had too

Admiral Lebron
Dec 3rd, 2001, 07:59:07 PM
Gue, admit it. You're "defense" won't work against our "high tech" shielding systems.

Lord Gue
Dec 3rd, 2001, 08:01:12 PM
If you want to get technical, No where from the ships building, to the point where it passed through the phenomenon do i see where that sheild was activated. And No, for the porpuses of this argument it cannot just be assumed

Admiral Lebron
Dec 3rd, 2001, 08:17:49 PM
According to you, the ships in hyperspace were fine. Now, that I came out just passed your orbit, unless your people are all dead and no line is sustained on your planet, I think I'm fine. Not to mention that any invasion commander would naturally put up shields.

Lord Gue
Dec 3rd, 2001, 08:23:07 PM
Your power loss would stop you in your tracks at the edge of the solar system where the cloud is, I told you, its comparable to the oort cloud in its dimensions, i dont think your invisioning it right...

Admiral Lebron
Dec 3rd, 2001, 08:25:11 PM
Let me get something straight. I'm not allowed to travel through hyperspace in the cloud, but you are? I'm confused. Anyways, I put I'm close to the planet. So unless your people are dead.. Anyways, you can't ignore an invasion.

Lord Gue
Dec 3rd, 2001, 08:31:26 PM
I face the same restrictions through the cloud that you are, I post that too. You couldnt just be suddenly near the planet, you'd have to go through the could, that be like saying you were suddenly in front of the maw research center and ready to attack it, it just isnt done.

Admiral Lebron
Dec 3rd, 2001, 08:39:53 PM
Ganath
primary planet in the Ganath System, an undiscovered section of the galaxy that is cut off from the space near Nar Shaddaa by a huge cloud of interstellar gas

Take from TCUSWE, from Theforce.net. It's just gas, not raditation gas. They are cut off from the galaxy because of this:

They are limited space travel capabilities, and have not yet developed a hyperdrive.

And people can go into the system safely.

Han Solo and Princess Leia stumble onto the Ganath System while trying to escape from Boba Fett on Nar Shaddaa.

Lord Gue
Dec 3rd, 2001, 08:46:40 PM
You may realize, thats all any source has to say on the issue, the entire region had to be developed more. So I developed the society, the ships, and the system the race lived in upon my invasion thread.
counters:
1. The cloud of gas, I read from another source, WAS radioactive, cuased by a nuclear war fought in the system ALONG time ago.
2. Yes, they have steam powered vessels, as per the previous source I read
3. ever think they may have run into the system cuase it was cut off from the galaxy for the reason i have stated...

Admiral Lebron
Dec 3rd, 2001, 08:50:17 PM
The reason they were cut off was from the lack of hyperdrive you dolt! That's pretty simple. To top it off the gas is interstellar, as in outside the system. I am jumping around it most likely, seeing how I am not coming from Nar Shada were it was encoutered by Han and Leia, who were excaping from Nar Shada, so I just come right up onto your door step, with my fully operation interdictors. Face it, my invasion is perfectly legit.

Lord Gue
Dec 3rd, 2001, 08:54:58 PM
Seriously no, our sources say two different things, my info came from the planets guide page version 2.5

Admiral Lebron
Dec 3rd, 2001, 08:55:56 PM
My info came from the Encylepedia, which is a far more resourceful and reliable resource.

Lord Gue
Dec 3rd, 2001, 09:00:13 PM
I doubt that, becuase when I started my invasion thread I put together as many bits and peices of info as I could to put into my attack, the force.net has less info than the planets guide did

Admiral Lebron
Dec 3rd, 2001, 09:02:29 PM
Not if you type in actual names. It's pretty useful. I check out Ganath got that, Took it as no threat, minus your SSD.

Lord Gue
Dec 3rd, 2001, 09:11:16 PM
no, i went to the palnets guide site, clicked on G, went to my tool bar, clicked find, typed Ganath, got my info

Darth Viscera
Dec 4th, 2001, 12:32:50 AM
Talk about dubious.

1. An interstellar gas field that has no effect on Gue's ship (which is dubious in and of itself), but stops others of the relatively same configuration cold.

2. An SSD which you don't even possess, nor could you sustain it even if you did possess it. Have you any idea of the resources it takes to keep a Super-Class Star Destroyer of 12.8km in length fully operational? And especially by a non-group that is abandoning its last planet. Where would you get your fuel, foodstuffs, and crew? You are generating no resources to speak of, merely expending them.

3. A starbase of sufficient mass that stripping its armor would result in enough surplus to dual-layer an SSD. All from a station which was constructed in 30 days. If I remember correctly, craft of that size (other than SSDs) are designated as special projects, and thus subject to the 90-day rule.

Can you rewrite your thread to not make use of resources and interstellar anomalies which are in existence due to one-sided suppositions piled upon suppositions?

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 4th, 2001, 12:40:44 AM
Radiation also doesnt cause alotta different colas

I want a Pepsi!

*scampers off*

Sorry, back to your regularly scheduled arguements!

imported_Firebird1
Dec 4th, 2001, 01:27:11 AM
May I make a suggestion...

Give Gue his shield!

The only problem is that he can't fire anything bigger then a rock from a slingshot because he would create a chain reaction that would destroy the planet!

TheHolo.Net
Dec 4th, 2001, 03:22:25 AM
Originally posted by Khendon Sevon
That is, if your ship is a modern day shuttle...
but unlike modern day shuttles, SW ships have shielding against radioactive materials, thus, they'd be able to stay operation. Sensors, would, however, be affected in some ways... images would be fuzzy, whitenoise might be apparent in vocal communication via waves... the usual annoying effects, but other than that... I don't see how radiation would shut down a vessel designed for prolonged space flight. From the source information that I looked up, I am compelled to agree with this interpretation of the effects of the gas cloud. I don’t really think that a radioactive gas cloud would have any large scale effects on larger ships.

Admiral Lebron
Dec 4th, 2001, 06:40:07 AM
Thank you. Now all I have to do is roll down the window, stick my head out while I drive the ship.

imported_Firebird1
Dec 4th, 2001, 09:43:22 AM
You want fries with that!

:D

Khemir Sett
Dec 4th, 2001, 10:15:36 AM
Ask for a coke, ask for a coke! They should include the apple or cherry pie. :smokin

Admiral Lebron
Dec 4th, 2001, 04:18:55 PM
Heh. I think I'll make that annoying Captain Vriss drive.. :lol

Lord Gue
Dec 4th, 2001, 05:18:09 PM
Lebron and Viscera, are you bloddy daft?! What part of my statement dont you understand? I say again, it has the same effect on my ship as it does yours. Really, I dont care with any other issue you raise visc, it has no weight in this argument. As Ive been saying, from the moment I first encountered the Ganath systems cloud, I added a mix of mysterious phenomenon to it to make it more than what it was, looking it up at another site wouldnt show that.

Admiral Lebron
Dec 4th, 2001, 05:28:05 PM
From the source information that I looked up, I am compelled to agree with this interpretation of the effects of the gas cloud. I don’t really think that a radioactive gas cloud would have any large scale effects on larger ships.

Basiclly, what he implys is your cloud has no effect. Now if you can give ample proof of this "tampering", thats a different story.

Lord Gue
Dec 4th, 2001, 05:37:10 PM
Just outside the Ganath system

Time:
Approximatly 0600 Hours Earth Standard

It appeard like a ghost, something out of a bad holovid movie. The swirling gases, the errie glow, much like that of a childs nightmare. As such, also very deadly, many vessels had attempted to enter this system before. Not much is known about those ships though, as they were never heard from again. It had been assumed that either those poor spacefarers were killed upon contact with the cloud itself, or that something more insidious lay inside, waiting for hapless travelers to wander in so that it may devour upon them like a spider to its fly.(Nonsense) he thought (Fairy tales to frighten young ones, thats all it is, and nothing more)Michael sat at the bridge of his pride ship, his fingers gripping the side of his chair as he starred ahead of him at the monitor that was showing him the sight that he hadnt dared dream about. The rest of the crew seemed to be as entranced by the sight as he was, for it was plain to see that not much work was getting done on the bridge for many open mouthed gappers were staring at the screen in much the way Michael had been doing."Tactical, what do the sensors tell you about all....this?"Stunned for a moment by the sudden sound, the officer at the tactical station looked down at the readings on his board and made a quick estimate of there meanings before reporting to his commander"Sir, it appears to be a cloud of radiation, its to thick to penetrate with the sensors though, we can only detect up to it but not through it.""Can our defletors withstand the effects of the cloud?"After a moments thought the officer looks back up at Gue and says"Unknown, sir""Helm, prep the engines for a quick 1/2 lightyear jump into this cloud. Oh, and make sure you dont hit anything please" [i]He said with a laugh, they need a little something so they wouldnt worry so much, not that he wasnt. As the crew readied the ship he sat back and continued to look on at the cloud and the ominous glow it cast on his bridge...

__________________________________________________ _

"Sir!"He had been off in the land of nod, away from it all dreaming of the past. The glow returned to him, thats all there was to look at now, it was all encompassing now, not much else to look at now anyways."Yes, what is it helm?""Were ready to jump sir""Alright, on my command then"(Are you ready? Sure. Positive? maybe. Well then, here we go...)"Helm, jump now""Aye sir"The ship vibrated slightly as its massive form slipped into hyperspace, the lights dimmed and went out. He felt sick, the kind of sick you got when you get in a tilt-o-whirl after being on it for 5 days straight. Just as fast as it has started it all stoped.Space inside the cloud was just like space outside it, except there was only one star and this weird glowing shell blocking all other space. It was an average star system with a fair amount of planets. It all looked quaint from the out look. Strange how the lights hadnt come on yet."Tactical, status?"A slight groan emenated from behind him, appearently that sick feeling hadnt been just him"Weve got power outages all over the ship sir, engineering is working on it though. Were detecting artifical structures all over the interior of the cloud sir, but sensors arnt fully functioning so we cant get any readouts on these things""Okay gotcha"Just then an explosion rocked the ship as a large red hue covered the very edge of the ship. Just beyond the tip of the ship was a some what smaller vessel, a large cloud of gas billowing out from behind it."Tactical!""Very little damage sir, hull breach on lvl 19""Get those shields up!""Engineering says they will be up in 1 min""Tell them they have 30 seconds"[i]They would have a new threat to enter the fray very soon....

These two posts are taken from my conquest of the system, and prove that i have undergone the same so called 'moding' that I insist that you go through

Admiral Lebron
Dec 4th, 2001, 05:39:48 PM
Gue. I'd like a link, please.

Lord Gue
Dec 4th, 2001, 05:43:31 PM
there is a search option, its on this board, look it up, not like i crypticaly named it...

Admiral Lebron
Dec 4th, 2001, 05:46:35 PM
No. You give me a link or I will not consider it valid evidence because I am a lazy American.

Khemir Sett
Dec 4th, 2001, 05:49:32 PM
Right on! :smokin :smokin ::Is Vriss:: :lol

Lord Gue
Dec 4th, 2001, 05:52:21 PM
Guess what, too lazy? not my fault, nor my problem.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 4th, 2001, 05:56:35 PM
I would also like to see a link.

Lord Gue
Dec 4th, 2001, 05:59:36 PM
Gets ready to shoot himself in the head
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7395&highlight=Rebuilding+of+an+empire

Admiral Lebron
Dec 4th, 2001, 05:59:37 PM
See... I was lookin' out for the forum, my g, yo.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 4th, 2001, 06:18:16 PM
09.11.01 03:00:58 PM Post #2
"Sir!"He had been off in the land of nod, away from it all dreaming of the past. The glow returned to him, thats all there was to look at now, it was all encompassing now, not much else to look at now anyways."Yes, what is it helm?""Were ready to jump sir""Alright, on my command then"(Are you ready? Sure. Positive? maybe. Well then, here we go...)"Helm, jump now""Aye sir"The ship vibrated slightly as its massive form slipped into hyperspace, the lights dimmed and went out. He felt sick, the kind of sick you got when you get in a tilt-o-whirl after being on it for 5 days straight. Just as fast as it has started it all stoped.Space inside the cloud was just like space outside it, except there was only one star and this weird glowing shell blocking all other space. It was an average star system with a fair amount of planets. It all looked quaint from the out look. Strange how the lights hadnt come on yet."Tactical, status?"A slight groan emenated from behind him, appearently that sick feeling hadnt been just him<u>"Weve got power outages all over the ship sir,</u> engineering is working on it though. Were detecting artifical structures all over the interior of the cloud sir, but sensors arnt fully functioning so we cant get any readouts on these things""Okay gotcha"Just then an explosion rocked the ship as a large red hue covered the very edge of the ship. Just beyond the tip of the ship was a some what smaller vessel, a large cloud of gas billowing out from behind it."Tactical!""Very little damage sir, hull breach on lvl 19""Get those shields up!""Engineering says they will be up in 1 min""Tell them they have 30 seconds"[i]They would have a new threat to enter the fray very soon....Per the bold underlined section and the date of the uneditable post, Gue's argument stands that he fabricated the effects of this cloud previously and they do affect his ships as well.

Admiral Lebron
Dec 4th, 2001, 06:23:37 PM
1: How does radiation do that?

2: Even if it would affect me for a small period of time, as it effected him, how would he know to leave the planet, since communique are most likely absorbed by this powerful amounts of radiation. For all his character knows, sicne no ship has left Kamaar from the former Renmant, he is sitting their waiting for a battle to be won/lost.

3: Where does he get the resources to build and upkeep a 12.6 Kilometer long Ship and a Station big enough to make a new layer of armor for it?

Lord Gue
Dec 4th, 2001, 06:31:29 PM
1. Its an unknown phenomenon, its not just the radiation
2. I was outside the Ganath system during the war, thus the meeting of all the ships in one location
3. Considering thats the only ship I own, the resources of one planetary system, and those of TIR when it was under me, would have been more than enough.

Admiral Lebron
Dec 4th, 2001, 06:33:22 PM
How could you be outsystem, when the battle took place in a day? You're gathering thread, was illegal since no war was over.

Also, I want building threads on both the station and the ship. And I never gave you any resources, seeing how you never controlled the ships, as per our agreement via Msn.

Lord Gue
Dec 4th, 2001, 06:41:00 PM
Woah, ya want the building thread on my ship? thats gonna take a while, ive had it ever since my first weeks here and its gonna take a bit to look up, the station is in the GE shipyards

Admiral Lebron
Dec 4th, 2001, 06:43:05 PM
You mean the non-existant GE shipyards? Which you said you wanted to Merge with the former TIR to have five members, even though you said the yards would be done less then two weeks after the merge? HA HA HA HA HA HA. Sorry. Had to.

Lord Gue
Dec 4th, 2001, 07:04:57 PM
The shipyard was built, no reason to stop it becuase of a merger, so i didnt.

Admiral Lebron
Dec 4th, 2001, 07:09:08 PM
You need 5 members to build a yard.

According to you, this cloud is like the Oort cloud, which encircles the system. Now, if you have a cloud with enough power over the entire 2,400+ AU span, then that is a powerful radiance. That would kill anything within the system, even if it had a shield up, it would kill you in a few days, weeks at the most. It is a uber amount of radioactive material. If that is the case, then I withdraw my attack and you are basiclly dead already from being in the system.

Lord Gue
Dec 4th, 2001, 07:29:53 PM
You dont seem to get it, the radiation is not all that strong, your just hung up on the fact that it might be the thing thats de-powering your ships, and its not.

Admiral Lebron
Dec 4th, 2001, 07:40:23 PM
If it isn't that strong, then it won't really effect my ship as it rips through it at the speed of light. Otherwise your dead.

Lord Gue
Dec 4th, 2001, 07:57:08 PM
Its not the radiation shuting down your ship, its the unknown phenomenon, and if yall want to get so strict, then fine, my starbase is one illegal, and two my stripping of it was done in unrealistic time. This nullifies my thread as my ship is now back out in interstellar space, having no reason to go back to the ganath system knowing it would be the first place to go get me. Waita go Lebron, making things harder on yourself

Admiral Lebron
Dec 4th, 2001, 07:58:40 PM
Actually, you're in the Ganath system, since your "The gathering" Thread was null, and that is where you were before that thread took place, if I am not mistaken.

Lord Gue
Dec 4th, 2001, 08:12:33 PM
Good point, but with both threads of ours nulled, then you need to start your invasion over again

Admiral Lebron
Dec 4th, 2001, 08:14:05 PM
Already done... and please keep your OOC info and your IC info seperate. Otherwise, you'd run immeadiatly, even though your character probably thinks Lebron lost Kamaar and is retreating to defend Ganath III like a loyal Imperial Admiral.

Lord Gue
Dec 4th, 2001, 08:22:24 PM
Not quite, remember my ISS forces were out there watching you, not to mention many other imperial officers I was in contact with, like mont. The captured forces would have only been a fraction of the true ISS

Admiral Lebron
Dec 4th, 2001, 08:29:24 PM
Matters not. Only your next move.