PDA

View Full Version : New TPM gross! Wow...

JonathanLB
Dec 3rd, 2001, 07:18:26 AM
The figure I had in my book as the supposed "final" gross for TPM was significantly lower than what Variety just published today in their article on Harry Potter.

I had $922.5 million, $491.4 internationally, but the final figures are a good deal higher. Variety said TPM made $925.6 million and $494.5 million internationally.

I just thought that was interesting that apparently after it faded from radar screens it still squeezed another $3.1 million from the foreign markets. I thought it was done playing long before that, hehe.

I still think it's funny that even Variety says Harry Potter could come close to $400 million and that Warner thinks it'll beat TPM and ANH, LOL, but that's another thread :)

CMJ
Dec 9th, 2001, 12:07:52 AM
Well...it could've played for months pulling in really small amounts so it's not THAT shocking to me that it wasn't well publicized....

Darth23
Dec 9th, 2001, 10:08:10 AM
Shocking? no

Annoying? YES. >:-|

JonathanLB
Dec 9th, 2001, 10:29:40 PM
That is what I mean. I thought it was gone, though, so yeah it is kind of annoying in that I just had to go re-write the figures in my book in several places because of this change. It's great, though. I mean, TPM made a few million more, that's obviously not a bad thing :)

It's just that I hadn't expected this so I am glad I happened to find the article so I could correct the facts in my book.