PDA

View Full Version : What is "IT"? Will be unveiled tomorrow..

Hart
Dec 2nd, 2001, 11:14:31 PM
"You know it's more important than pantyhose, and it's more important than the Internet," said Bob Metcalfe, a fellow inventor and founder of 3Com Corporation, who spoke to Good Morning America in an interview last January.

"Bigger than the Internet you say?" anchor Charlie Gibson asked.

"If it works out in terms of its impact on the economy and the environment, yes," Metcalfe replied."

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/GoodMorningAmerica/GMA011130IT_Friday.html

http://www.msnbc.com/news/665724.asp

Darth Viscera
Dec 3rd, 2001, 01:59:33 AM
Is this a parody about the IT used on South park, which used two telescoping cylinders placed on the rear and front (for reasons I can't divulge....this is a family forum, right?), or is this real? I hope it's not just a joke. I want an IT with a built-in CD player and flagstaff, to say nothing of the dual .50 caliber machine guns loaded with armor-piercing shells, just in case there's a mass migration of Taliban peeps into good ol' Montgomery county. :rollin

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 3rd, 2001, 04:38:14 AM
*throws magnets at his IT* Bwahahaha!

Darth Viscera
Dec 3rd, 2001, 06:02:09 AM
Inside joke.

These things are dangerous! Don't buy one!

Here is a safety video that I have produced. It is very high quality, and was made with a very high budget.

http://members.home.net/wlabiche/dangerous.gif

In frame 1, you see a sniper with a special gun that fires magnets aiming at an innocent bystander riding an IT. In Frame 2, the sniper fires, and the magnet hits the gyroscope, causing an immediate failure of the magnetic field. The transport sphere becomes immediately misaligned with the movement sphere, and the passenger is soon upside soon. Weight shifting causes the vehicle to soon fall over. And here your passenger is, with a scraped knee and a fallen IT.

Another possible event which is likely to happen is that everyone in India and China buys an IT. They all ride them home at 5:15pm after getting off from work, all 2.3 billion people. This causes the Earth to shift off its axis because of the immense magnetic pull which is disproportionate and 1. collide with the Moon and, later, Mars, or 2. Turn the planet Earth into a self-contained perpetual Magnetic anomaly, which drifts and implodes every 132 seconds, forming its own sub-miniature black hole near the planet's mantle, which in turn sustains another reaction, and thus perpetuates the causality loop.

Don't do drugs!

Leeloo Mina
Dec 3rd, 2001, 06:05:31 AM
But drugs are good for you.

Darth Viscera
Dec 3rd, 2001, 06:08:55 AM
Only if they smell like celery.

Leeloo Mina
Dec 3rd, 2001, 06:23:35 AM
Sniffs some white powdery stuff to see if it smell like celery

=P

Darth Viscera
Dec 3rd, 2001, 08:48:10 AM
Crap.

I just saw IT. It sucks! It looks like a f***ing hand truck! Gwah, what a jip. He takes a $75 electric motor which is capable of providing 5 pounds of thrust, two plastic wheels, and an off-the-shelf excercise bike handle bar, and markets it for $8,000 ($3,000 next year when the consumer version comes out).

I haven't felt so outraged since the release of Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds!

I think I'm going to go back to work on designing my umbrelliphone. It's an umbrella AND a phone! The umbrella amplifies the cellular phone signal :)

http://members.home.net/wlabiche/umbrelliphone.jpg

It's also a cheese grater!

imported_Firebird1
Dec 3rd, 2001, 04:10:49 PM
But does it fly?

Khemir Sett
Dec 3rd, 2001, 04:18:33 PM
Like Cherry Bobbin's does, I always did find Cherry Bobbins quite the character ;).

Darth Viscera
Dec 4th, 2001, 12:00:52 AM
It doesn't fly, but it DOES glide.

Lady Vader
Dec 4th, 2001, 01:22:32 AM
:lol

Someone said CHERRY!!! :mischief

:lol

Darth Viscera
Dec 4th, 2001, 02:53:16 AM
:rolleyes

Is that all you think about these days?

Dark Lord Dyzm
Dec 4th, 2001, 02:55:38 AM
I saw that Idea in a Mad comic book made 2 years ago!(Umbrella Radio/Cell Phone Thingy)
As with the Bikes with Airbags, 2 sided squeeze toothpaste tubes.
The Snot Vacuum, and Ketcup spread dispensor,and the Paper Weight Dog Pooper Scooper Maker. (Scoops the Poop and makes it into a Plastic Cubed Paper Weight witht he POO INSIDE! WOW!)

(Still have the Comic too! MAWAHAHAHAHAHA MAD IS COOL!)

Nupraptor
Dec 4th, 2001, 03:06:05 AM
What would be far more practical is umbrellas with lights on the handles, as seen in both Bladerunner and Macross Plus.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Dec 4th, 2001, 01:09:57 PM
*has an old Mad comic book about Return of the Jedi* tis funny.....

Jedah Lynch
Dec 4th, 2001, 01:26:32 PM
That gizmo while slightly cool was a disappointment.....

But thankfully Nup mentioned Macross Plus and as such all is right with the world again.

Now if only they'd invite those mecha.....now that would be something. :D

Vestec Za Temonta
Dec 4th, 2001, 03:11:07 PM
:lol I cracked up when I heard about it. I mean, yeah, it'll be great and everything, but it's just a confused skooter with a motor.

Leeloo Mina
Dec 5th, 2001, 06:55:57 AM
Gizmo?! GIZMO IS COOL!!

and.. You are now watching mad TV. :D :D :D :p