PDA

View Full Version : There is nothing like a good parody site.

imported_Eve
Dec 1st, 2001, 12:27:17 AM
It is no secret that the Star Wars franchise has spawned a HUGE fan base in the internet world. Any search engine is bound to turn up hundreds of thousands of fan-sites per any search based on Star Wars. While many of these sites carry news and/or general fan-site subject matter, some are designed to parody Star Wars.

One of the largest fan sites, "TheForce.Net" (TFN), now has its very own spoof site, "TheFarce.Net".

Check it out: http://www.thefarce.net/

Whereas, TFN carries the opening of "Your Daily Dose of Star Wars," TheFarce.net exibits the catch phrase, "A Cure for Your Daily Dose." In some cases, TheFarce.Net parallels news items, stories, and updates from TFN, turning exciting new tidbits of information into a joke that lightheartidly deflates the momentum of TFN's up-to-the-minute updates. In most instances, however, TheFarce.Net uses original subject matter to give the reader a whole new outlook on the "fandom" of Star Wars.

It's worth a look, so check it out!

Nupraptor
Dec 1st, 2001, 02:19:33 AM
The carebear in the banner is the best. :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 1st, 2001, 02:55:17 AM
Scamp and Andy are pretty darn funny. :lol "Impressive, most impressive..."

Darth Viscera
Dec 1st, 2001, 03:11:42 AM
I like the Episode I DVD Review :)

I don't understand why his (Andy's) DVD screwed up and started grinding when he put it in upside down though. It should have just done nothing but try unsuccessfully to access by shooting laser beams at the label and whatnot. Lucasfilm has screwed up again! :mad

ReaperFett
Dec 1st, 2001, 09:40:33 AM
I don't go to basher sites. That one wasn't made to parody it, it was made to insult it

Jedieb
Dec 1st, 2001, 12:49:00 PM
That site was petty, mean spirited, and FUNNY as hell! Worth checking into every once in awhile for laughs.

imported_Eve
Dec 1st, 2001, 01:35:54 PM
I say, if you can't laugh at yourself... who can you laugh at?

Vega Van-Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 01:43:46 PM
Other more misfortunate people?

ReaperFett
Dec 1st, 2001, 02:07:51 PM
I dont remember many here laughing when Ceel made the SWFans refugee camp. SIlly me though, this doesnt involve us, so suddenly its funny. Gack

Champion of the Force
Dec 1st, 2001, 06:20:02 PM
I dont remember many here laughing when Ceel made the SWFans refugee camp.
He did? I don't remember that, though it sounds amusing. :)

Nupraptor
Dec 2nd, 2001, 12:17:29 AM
Fett: There is a significant difference between a Parody and Blatant Bashing.

Parody = Space Balls

Blatant Bashing = What Ceel was doing

Darth Viscera
Dec 2nd, 2001, 01:31:34 AM
*Snaps his head to the side like he's Data*

This..."blatant bashing" you speak of, is this the concept the Great Charley refers to as "satire"?

Nupraptor
Dec 2nd, 2001, 01:34:55 AM
No, it's not. What took place at Ceel's "SWFans Refugees" forum was simply saying things like "SWFans sucks!!". There was no humor involved, for the most part.

Ceel was fully aware of this, too. I posted, pointing out that it was perhaps one of the most immature uses of a messageboard I had ever seen. Later that day, he deleted the forum.

Darth Viscera
Dec 2nd, 2001, 01:45:56 AM
oh. my bad

TheHolo.Net
Dec 2nd, 2001, 01:57:11 AM
Delted the forum, but moved the topics. Oh well, let him act as he wishes, it is his message board.

ReaperFett
Dec 2nd, 2001, 06:31:52 AM
yes Nup, and this is blatant bashing. They arent parodying them, theyre insulting them. And remember, some thought what Ceel did was funny

Nupraptor
Dec 2nd, 2001, 10:35:30 AM
Now you're attempting to debate what's funny and what's offensive - an entirely subjective issue. However, the majority of the people think thefarce.net is funny.

I swear, sometimes, I think you start these debates just for the sake of arguing.

ReaperFett
Dec 2nd, 2001, 02:35:36 PM
and in Germany, the majority think David Hasselhoff is a good musician. The majority keep N~Sync (or whatever that symbol is) at the top of the US charts.

And I swear you only go round trying to argue with me. I say something, normally one of two people will pick up on that, then criticise my taste, or say similar to that. Strange that

Nupraptor
Dec 2nd, 2001, 03:08:06 PM
I only commented when you tried to portray Ceel's "Refugee Camp" as if it were a humorous parody or satire, which it was not. If you'll notice, not once did I mention theFarce.net and whether or not I thought it was funny (other than the comment about the carebear - which is poking fun at SW, not any individual site :p).

ReaperFett
Dec 2nd, 2001, 05:51:22 PM
no, I was saying thefarce is the same as the refugee camp

Nupraptor
Dec 2nd, 2001, 08:14:59 PM
........ and here we are back at square one.

ReaperFett
Dec 2nd, 2001, 08:23:35 PM
well Im on square 57, landed on a ladder

Darth Viscera
Dec 3rd, 2001, 02:13:24 AM
o_O

Will you two stop it? You're giving me a brain ulcer or something.