PDA

View Full Version : Woah! Woah!

ReaperFett
Nov 30th, 2001, 01:56:20 PM
from TF.N:

Natalie Portman making The Professional Sequel
Fri, Nov 30, 01 09:56:57 AM EST

IMDB reports the following:

Sexy actress Natalie Portman is set to reprise her first ever movie performance - in a sequel to cult assassin film Léon. French director Luc Besson is planning a sequel to his critically acclaimed 1994 flick - but won't proceed unless Portman agrees to return as Mathilda. The Star Wars leading lady was only 13 when she made her big screen debut - and Besson wants to update the story with Mathilda becoming an assassin just like her father figure Leon, who is killed in the first movie.

Im drooling :)

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 30th, 2001, 02:09:47 PM
Oh I think thats cool too, I wonder if Natalie will do it.

darth_mcbain
Nov 30th, 2001, 03:06:45 PM
That would be awesome... I've only seen bits of the first one, but I remember it being pretty cool - I hope she does it.

JMK
Nov 30th, 2001, 04:42:46 PM
That would be AWESOME!

JonathanLB
Dec 1st, 2001, 09:10:12 AM
Oh... my... god! That would be so cool :)

I cannot wait for this if they go through with it...

Champion of the Force
Dec 1st, 2001, 06:35:48 PM
I like the sound of this. :)

Pity that the the Leon character can't be in it since he died at the end of the original though. Having a team-up would have rocked!

Jedieb
Dec 1st, 2001, 07:40:15 PM
The best thing going for that project is that Besson is at the helm again. If it got in the hands of a cookie cutter then you could end up with big budget crap. But Besson is wise to not want to proceed without Portman. I still remember Leon dropping down from the ceiling and cutting loose, that was a hell of an ending. Even with Oldman's overacting, that film still kicked ass. (Yes, I've got Gary Oldman issues, so sue me.)

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 1st, 2001, 08:26:28 PM
Hey I like Oldman I think he and Alan Rickman are the two best villain actors working today, but hey I won't sue you we all can't have the same tastes.:p

Jedieb
Dec 1st, 2001, 11:19:09 PM
I LOVE Alan Rickman! I just think that Oldman goes waaay over the top sometimes. The Fifth Element is an example. What the hell was up with that accent? Take Oldman and Tucker out of that movie and replace them with Steve Buscemi and Eddie Murphy and the movie is a huge hit. Oh hell, put Gary Coleman in there in and that saves the movie. :smokin

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 1st, 2001, 11:47:06 PM
That wasn't one of Oldman's better movies. My problem with the film was the plot made no sense to me it was too confusing and tried to do too much, Tucker's character is a great example he shows up in the last 1/3 of the film and does nothing important but is around at the end why? I think Oldman's best film to date was The Contender, he was brillaint in that role and I also enjoyed his scene stealing in Hannible.

JonathanLB
Dec 2nd, 2001, 08:00:35 AM
Talk about sucking. What is with Chris Tucker in Fifth Element? I like the guy, but he is SO ANNOYING. How could people complain about Jar Jar Binks in TPM when you got Tucker in Fifth Element?! LOL.

Most annoying character ever and in a good movie too.

I hated that film the first time I saw it. HATED it. Then I saw it agian and I liked it, odd...

darth_mcbain
Dec 2nd, 2001, 02:39:46 PM
I will fully admit that Tucker was bad in The Fifth Element - however I can't help laughing out loud at some of the stuff he does, he's just so wacky in that movie...

LOL Jon - that's true - after you've seen Tucker in T5E, Jar Jar doesn't quite seem so bad... :)

Mu Satach
Dec 3rd, 2001, 07:31:29 PM
You all just suffer from Tucker envy.

ReaperFett
Dec 3rd, 2001, 07:54:40 PM
he's better than Rock, with whom I have a personal Vendetta :)

Jedieb
Dec 3rd, 2001, 10:01:28 PM
Rock kicks butt! Now excuse me, I have to go to dinner and make sure I get my big piece of chicken. "Can Daddy please have the big piece of chicken!!!!!":cool

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 3rd, 2001, 10:41:01 PM
Now I like Tucker in RH and RH2, he was just anoying in Fifth Element, maybe it was how the character was written, but that costume he was wearing sure didn't help either.:x

Jedieb
Dec 3rd, 2001, 10:57:26 PM
I haven't seen RH2, but I thought he was funny in RH. But that damn voice of his in TFE was just excruitiating! >_<

JonathanLB
Dec 4th, 2001, 05:05:08 AM
Maybe there was a miscommunication, but I do NOT hate Chris Tucker. I think the guy is great! I'm a big Tucker fan, in both RH and RH2, but his character and he was just totally annoying in The Fifth Element.

The Fifth Element was not the next Star Wars, there never will be a next Star Wars. Ever. Never again. So that was the worst quote I can imagine them attaching to promotional materials. I think that's why I hated it the first time because I couldn't believe anyone would be so stupid as to call it that. The whole plot was about this "ultimate evil" coming towards the earth but ultimately it was a big, black blob and that is just not a very strong central plot point. In fact, it stinks.

Nonetheless, I love The Fifth Element now because everything else is good. The effects are great, Willis is great, the guns are cool, the general plot is good except for that main plot point, and in general it's just a very enjoyable movie. It's a solid 3.5 star film I think and I own it on DVD, but I don't think Besson is any genius with that movie.