PDA

View Full Version : Forum Announcement

TheHolo.Net
Nov 29th, 2001, 08:47:49 PM
This is to inform everyone of some changes that are underway around the SWFans.Net Forums.

The staff have been working hard on a new project that I am happy to announce and release to the visitors on this site. We have added a new section to our forums, a section called a “Portal” page. From this moment on, if you go to the URL http://www.swforums.net you will be greeted with a new page that is somewhat different, yet integrated with these forums.

On that page we plan to have news, editorials, and information, that can easily be found in a single place rather than having to scour the forums.

With this change, I am also happy to announce a new News forum. The News forums will be where stories that appear on the “Portal” page come from, and due to the visibility and nature of the “Portal” page, the new news forum will be what is referred to as a “Moderated” forum. A “Moderated” forum is one where any posts made must be approved before they actually become part of the forum. You can start new topics, or reply to current topics in exactly the same way you do any other. The new topic or reply, won’t appear in the forum until a staff member has reviewed the post and deemed it suitable for the forum.

Another announcement that coincides with the launch of the “Portal” page and the opening of the News forum, is our newest addition to the staff and the woman in charge of the news forum. She is in charge of it yes, but not entirely alone in its operation, as other staff members will also be helping in adding new articles/topics, and in helping to “Moderate” new topics and replies. Congratulations go out to Eve, and a hearty welcome to the staff of SWFans.Net Forums from the current staff. Thanks also go out to her for being willing to help us out with this new project.

For the time being, the “articles” posted on the “portal” page are being drawn from the Star Wars Films forum, but that will be changed once we get some topics going in the News forum.

One final announcement among the many, and I will hush and leave you all be. There is also a new Style Set for viewing the forums, which will very shortly become the new default style. Since the “portal” page will be the main point of entry for new visitors, the staff has decided that the style that matches it is best suited for our default style. You are still able to view the portal page using any style set you may have set in your preferences except for the text based styles. I am still in the process of creating a bandwidth impaired version of the portal page for that particular style.

Thanks for your time.

BUFFJEDI
Nov 29th, 2001, 09:53:08 PM
You lost me BUT it sounds cool;) :D :D :D :D

JMK
Nov 29th, 2001, 11:05:57 PM
Likewise! o_O

Champion of the Force
Nov 29th, 2001, 11:27:43 PM
Don't follow? Well just do this:

1. Post a new thread in this forum.

2. Go to http://www.swforums.net/index.php

If Ogre hasn't already switched the default forum over, you should be able to see your thread being listed - with content - in the News section. :)

There's also some other stuff there that you can play with. :p