PDA

View Full Version : Could the unthinkable happen?

ReaperFett
Nov 29th, 2001, 02:34:35 PM
Two decent game-movie conversions in one year?

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=10898

If it is any good, that'll take the tally of g-m conversions to......three (Mortal Kombat, Tomb Raider). That is scary :)

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 29th, 2001, 02:51:47 PM
It still sounds terrible to me, no Umbrella (supercomputer yuck), no Chris Redfield, he was cool in the game, or Jill Valentine or Albert Wisker who is one of the best villains in video game history. Also Milla Jovanich(sp) can't act for nothing every film she is in I can't even watch her performances. I think I will pass on this film.

BUFFJEDI
Nov 29th, 2001, 04:22:46 PM
Uh, where are the first TWO decent game to movie films at? ;)

JMK
Nov 29th, 2001, 11:11:43 PM
I think I could go for that...

ReaperFett
Nov 30th, 2001, 01:55:46 PM
More positive-ness (http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=10900)

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 30th, 2001, 02:01:07 PM
I still think it is going to suck it has no elements from the games except the licker, but where is Tyrant, Wisker, Chris Redefield, Umbrelle. Instead they got some Super Computer doing besides Paul Anderson is a terrible director and they have bad actors led by one of the worst actresses ever in Jovanich(sp) I still think its going to blow.

ReaperFett
Nov 30th, 2001, 04:15:34 PM
Carr, that is WHY most games suck. You follow it too closely. Tomb Raider and Mortal Kombat didnt, they were good. Street Fighter did, enough said.

And come on, if you can watch Keanu Reeves in the Matrix, you can watch Jolie soaking wet with guns fighting Zombies :)

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 30th, 2001, 07:31:36 PM
Yeah but they are just changing too much, MK and TR both kept the central characters, getting rid of Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine would be like not having Lara Croft and Liu Kang in their expected. Really MK followed the first game pretty good there were some differences but it worked. Street Fighter just plain sucked, really a better example would Super Mario Brothers which went a differnet direction and tried to be different but that film was a complete mess much like Street Fighter. If they kept the main characters I wouldn't have a problem with the movie with changing a few details but it is not Resident Evil to me with out these characters and a lot of the fans games (I know I have surfed the sites) are all pretty mad about it. One of the reviews said it was prequel but still why start off with a prequel where you can go into the first game, it just shows that Anderson is a hack who could care less about the game and just wants to make some Zombie flick.

ReaperFett
Nov 30th, 2001, 08:37:39 PM
actually, I hear the RE creators asked for it to be a prequal

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 30th, 2001, 08:41:45 PM
Then Capcom is stupid because the fan base doesn't want a prequel first, I think they are just making a mistake personally.

ReaperFett
Nov 30th, 2001, 09:30:42 PM
fanbases generally give dumb opinions. Had after TPM, you told 100 random fans to say what they want to happen next, I doubt more than ten would be any good, if that.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 30th, 2001, 11:03:41 PM
Well maybe but I think it would better to introduce the series from the start RE 1, and now that I think about it I think Capcom is using the movie to seel there next game, I heard rumors that they are working on a prequel and if that true I know why they are doing which is still stupid I think and could very well hurt it.