PDA

View Full Version : Run With The Wolves: Out of the Void

Gitane Van Derveld
Nov 29th, 2001, 02:32:08 PM
--Kerri brushed a strand of dark hair from her face, looking up at the bright sky through a window of the small apartment. She sighed a bit and went back to creating a rhythmic drumming on a datapad, searching through various logs and histories. In the months that had gone by since she found herself being attacked by a blond man with no memory of what was going on, she had found bits and pieces of information about herself. As far as she knew, her name was Kerri Maximalian.

Kerri stiffly moved onto her feet and walked over to a small metal craddle to peer into a sleeping child. She stroked his cheek gently while her mind drifted in a distant thought. Blinking herself into reality again, she lifted a tattered bag from her bed and slung it over her shoulder before kneeling to turn on a small droid. It bleeped and flashed around a bit before rolling over with a protective sense to the crib. Kerri muttered something about going out and opened her door, pacing down a row of beaten stairs to the dismal street--

Vega Van-Derveld
Nov 29th, 2001, 02:48:40 PM
Lord Van-Derveld stalked martially through the streets of the city of the Empire owned planet, to which he could not put a name. His black robes were pulled in a haze around his body, shrouding every section of skin from view. All excepting his right fist, which could be seen clenching tightly around a cyclindrical metallic item. His reason for being on the planet was unusually simple - for a start, the planet was one of the predicted locations where Gitane had escaped to from the Empires stronghold. The other being that if she wasn't here, he'd need someone, or thing, to take out his anger on.

The tension in his body was evident by the single bulging vein on the knuckles of his bare fist, and also by the forceful foot falls he made. As he walked he felt the force presence of Gitane panging at his mind and began to pick up pace. His walk quickly became a jog as he passed through the crowds, in search of his lost apprentice and wife.

Gitane Van Derveld
Nov 29th, 2001, 03:01:21 PM
--Kerri yawned slightly as she wandered through the small, rather pitiful market place. Her fingers ran through a tangled mass of loose curls, tying a messy knot of string around her hair. She stopped, looking down over a variety of rusted weapons before lifting up a thin dagger that more resembled a railroad spike than weaponry. Tossing over a few credits, she silently went on her way.

Kerri looked down at her scarred hands, eyeing the long-healed slashes over her palms and fingers. A chill ran across her spine, being lead by crystal memories. Another feeling trailed after; a familiar hint of fear and something else... She quickly moved over and occupied her mind by studying a spread of vegetables. Something was close...--

Vega Van-Derveld
Nov 29th, 2001, 04:01:35 PM
He wandered with no seeming aim, yet each turn or stride her made seemed purposeful and more so than the one before it. He could feel her near, her very being was like a beacon ebbing its life signature in an ensnaring pull. Vega swerved around a corner, the once faint pang now a throbbing alert in his skull.

Gitane...

He spoke out through the force, in the hope that she would hear him.

Gitane Van Derveld
Nov 29th, 2001, 04:11:19 PM
--Kerri lifted her head, looking around with slight confusion. That name... Gitane... There was such a close feeling to it. Her brow creased into a thoughtful expression as she leaned back against the side of the stand. She could feel her heart twisting and knotting, beating heavily in its cage. Placing a brightly colored apple down, she made her way unconsciously towards whatever was calling to her.

She turned a corner and froze in terror. Standing only a few feet away was the man that had attacked her months ago. Her body ached in grim remembrance. Without saying anything, she grasped at the metal spike, quickly turning in hopes to run away. Whatever the man wanted, she felt little desire to find out.--

Vega Van-Derveld
Nov 29th, 2001, 04:17:44 PM
For a brief moment he stared down into Gitanes eyes to see the fear she held for him. It pained him inside to think that she did not recognise him as anything more than an opressor, but that was obviously the case. He rose one hand and commanded her form, stopping it dead in its tracks as he used the other hand to clear his hood from his head.

Gitane Van-Derveld, he said allowed, pushing her body into the nearby wall much to the amazement of the bystanders. She hung against the brick work aligned with his eye level as he stared straight at her.

Gitane Van Derveld
Nov 29th, 2001, 04:24:09 PM
--Hey eyes stayed focused with his as Kerri hung silently against the wall. There was something about him.. A feeling that lurked under her shell of fear. He kept referring to her as Gitane.. But why?

Kerri moved her eyes to the ground before letting them blink shut. Her mind and memories were nothing more than a morning fog that refused to lift; Who could she trust? She suddenly brought her hand up, striking over the man's face. Dropping to the ground, she grasped protectively at her spike and again darted off--

Vega Van-Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 08:10:12 AM
Withdrawing the thin cylinder was done as an automatic reaction, ending in Vega holding the bright yellow ignited saber in his hand. He darted after Gitane with quick reactions, his Force speed enhanced so much that he could overtake her within seconds. He jogged a head of her in a black blur, attempting to penetrate her mind as he did so.

Stop...

Gitane Van Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 08:14:16 AM
--Her eyes opened wide as she skid to a stop, looking ahead of her. She stumbled and finally regained her balance after the drastic speed change. Stepping back a bit, she stared at him, taking in brief breaths while chewing at her lip. A hushed voice finally left her mouth in question.--

"...Tell me what you want..."

Vega Van-Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 08:17:02 AM
Come back to the Empire with me and we will sort that out.

He stood stock still, Seraphim dangerously edging closer towards the woman as a persuasive means to aid in her decision.

Gitane Van Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 08:20:42 AM
"But..."

--Her eyes kept locked on the glowing blade as she shifted a bit on her feet, taking in slow, still breaths.--

"..My son..."

Vega Van-Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 08:28:12 AM
His brow furrowed. Darius was back at Munto Codru with Eve and Dalton. At least he thought he was.

Get him, then we go.

He lowered the saber slightly, awaiting her reaction.

Gitane Van Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 08:31:48 AM
--She stared at him for a moment before nodding slightly and placing her dagger in the bag slung on her shoulder. She swept a dark strand of hair from her face and walked slowly past him in the direction of the apartment with a soft murmur--

"This way..."

Vega Van-Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 10:11:34 AM
He turned on the ball of his foot to follow Gitane, his hand disengaging the lightsaber blade but not actually sheathing the hilt. He was still wary as to whether or not she was playing along with him or not.

Gitane Van Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 10:21:06 AM
--Since it was only a short distance, the two had shortly reached the small home. She moved silently up the weathered, narrow stairway and carefully opening the door. The small droid bleeped and spun around the craddle as she moved close to it, leaving the door open for the man. Sighing a bit, she lifted the small, gurggling infant into her arms and looked towards her 'visitor' silently--

Vega Van-Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 10:26:22 AM
Silence.

Well then... let's go. And hand over your weapons before we do.

Gitane Van Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 10:32:38 AM
--Shifting the child to one arm, she silently let her bag drop from her shoulder and held it out. A sense of fear still lingered in her eyes, but more so was a sense of wonder. She took in a soft gasp, struggling to untangle her voice from her throat.--

"Before we do... Why so much intrest in me...?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 11:42:56 AM
He regarded the child in her arms for a moment, a slight feeling of fear moving into the back of his mind as he returned his gaze to Gitanes face. It was quite remarkable that she could forget everything so quickly, although it had happened to him when he was 'sired', so there was obviously some logical explanation.

I have my reasons.

Gitane Van Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 11:46:43 AM
--She bit her lip slightly, looking down at her child with a remorseful expression. Something told her that the man before her was a key in finding her past. She blinked her eyes a bit before looking to him with a slight nod.--

"Shall we go, then?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 11:59:24 AM
Follow me.

With that, they left. Vega lead the way, of course, creating a Force sensitive shield around his body to monitor, without looking,whether or not Gitane was still trailing him. Which, of course, she was all of the time. He could sense that she was unsure about things, and that she perhaps thought he might have the answers.

They made there way through the crowds as the object of attention, eventually reaching the outer suberbs where the small transport shuttle Vega had used to get onto the planet was stationed. He gestured for Gitane to board as they approached it, dropping back behind her.

Gitane Van Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 12:06:03 PM
--She paused slightly before looking toward the man and taking in a deep breath. She assumed they would have time before they reached whereever he planned to take her. Her head bowed to look at the sleeping boy, she slowly began to speak.--

"I..Don't truly know who you are. But, since you seem quite insistant that you know me... I wonder if you could explain that to me. I haven't been sure for several months now.. Ever since.... That....other man... attacked me. All I know is that the world was strange... And I was with a child... ..So I ask you now...Who am I?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 12:10:12 PM
He fastened himself into the drivers seat and began pushing various switches to start up the mechanisms that would propel the ship. He dimissed her voice for a while, but eventually gave into her questions and looked over his shoulder to her.

You are Gitane Van-Derveld. You are a Sith Warrior of the Sith Empire. You are my apprentice, and also my wife.

He put it bluntly and coldly, before turning back to look out of the viewscreen.

Gitane Van Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 12:20:53 PM
--Her eyes locked on the floor before blinking shut. She sat for a long span, in silence, trying to register his blunt words. She leaned back and took in slow, careful breaths, before opening her eyes to look at her scarred hands. Ever-so-slowly, shattered memories pieced themselves together, bit by bit. Finally, cold tears glistening in her eyes, she mumbled below her breath.--

"...Vega...."

Vega Van-Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 12:23:08 PM
Hyperspace passed quickly as the ship shot into the sky making progress off of the planet with haste. Letting out a deep exhalation, Vega leant back in his chair, closing his eyes to simply allow the feeling of space travel to wash over him.

"...Vega...."

Sitting up partially, he leant around his seat to look over at Gitane, raising one eyebrow.

Yes?

Gitane Van Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 12:28:24 PM
"Forgive me for how I've acted..."

--She looked toward the ground for only a moment longer before moving her eyes to her son, and then to Vega.--

"...How are Darius and Galatea..?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 12:31:08 PM
He blinked. Once, then twice before shrugging off the confusion. What was the point of questionning what was going on?

Eve and Dalton are looking after them... they're fine.

His eyes wandered towards the young child with Gitane, and he chewed the skin on the inside of his cheek for a moment.

Who's that?

Gitane Van Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 02:58:50 PM
--Her cheeks felt hot as color grew in them, her head tilting to look at the sleeping child. She brushed her fingers over his cheek gently.

"..This is Thanatos..."

As she did at any time when she felt nervous, her teeth grazed against her bottom lip. Taking in a small breath, she lifted her head to look at him.--

"Your son."

Vega Van-Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 03:07:41 PM
Shifting around in his chair to thud loudly against it, he sighed heavily. Looking up at the ceiling, he cursed to himself loudly before shifting out of his chair to approach Gitane.

...When was he born?

Gitane Van Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 03:18:50 PM
"Only a bit over a month ago..."

--Gitane lowered her head again, searching her mind for something to say. Anything... Slowly standing up, she glanced up at him and carefully held the child out, offering him to Vega. Pausing a moment, she looked towards the floor again, words finally spilling from her mouth.--

"Vega.. When you left.. I panicked. I had no desire to survive without you. I suppose I lost consciousness at one point.. When I awoke... I couldn't remember what happened... the clone was there... He told me something about a... a fight... ...Memories started coming back and then... Everything faded. Everything I knew, suddenly...gone... I ran..."

Vega Van-Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 03:23:36 PM
It was quite evident that the child was Lupine, not only from looking at him but also from the maternal period which Gitane had undertaken. The Lupine life cycle was much faster than that of a human, and the usual incubation period of a child was less than 3 months, at a minimum. Vega took the child from Gitane and lifted it up so that he could get a good look at it's face.

It's ok...

He lowered Thanatos to cradle him securely in one arm, his gaze returning to the panicky woman before him.

...Everythings going to be fine now.

Gitane Van Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 03:38:57 PM
--She blinked a few times, her mind taking a few moments to settle before she lifted her head to look at her husband, a slight smile on her lips. Stepping closer, she gently stroked Thanatos' hair and lifted her head to gaze up at Vega. Any fear or uncertainty had vanished from her eyes. Her mind was still scattered, but at least she knew who she was...where she belonged. Gitane smiled slightly and rested her head against Vega's arm with a light sigh.--

Vega Van-Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 03:50:59 PM
Gitane's mind seemed to have formed back into what it had once been, free from the shackles Marco had harnessed it in. Thanatos, suprisingly, seemed to be in excellent health, though no doubt maternal instinct guided Gitane even whilst in a state of mental defragmentation.

Vega brought his free hand to touch against the side of Gitanes cheek before running it down to her side, gently tugging her in a little closer. It was times like these that he wondered just which side of the 'Force fence' he was standing on.

Gitane Van Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 04:01:32 PM
"..What's happened since I've been gone?"

--The question left her mouth before she even thought it, almost automatically. She lifted her head to look up at Vega, her arms wrapping loosely around his waist.--

Vega Van-Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 04:14:15 PM
What <u>had</u> happened?

Hmm... Mistress Nuriko has departed the Empire... I've risen to the rank of Sith Lord...

He couldn't really think of anything else, as all the type spent after Gitanes departure his mind had been focused upon her - wondering where she was, whether she would return.

Gitane Van Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 04:21:17 PM
--Her eyes widened slightly as she looked up at her husband, a grin spreading over her lips. She lifted up to stand as tall as she could, pressing her lips to his in a light kiss before biting his ear softly and whispering--

"Congradulations, mon mauvais prince"

Vega Van-Derveld
Dec 1st, 2001, 04:29:49 PM
Vega returned the kiss to the sound of the shuttle engines engagnig, a most inappropriate mismatch. The time must have passed quicker than he had thought it would, as the ship touched down on the Empire's home planet as the Sith Lord pulled himself partially away from Gitane.

The trio left the ship in silence together, approaching the main complex of the Empire at a slow yet steady pace, entering in no particular hurry after their brief ordeal.