PDA

View Full Version : This Forum

TheHolo.Net
Nov 28th, 2001, 07:35:22 PM
is currently invisible to the majority of users, and is not yet set as the default news forum for the portal.

Ethereal Ogre
Nov 28th, 2001, 07:52:41 PM
Testing to make sure people listed as moderators here can post freely.

Ogre
Nov 28th, 2001, 07:54:29 PM
Testing a normal user that I granted acess to the hidden forum.

TheHolo.Net
Nov 28th, 2001, 08:03:03 PM
I was sent an email notifying me that "Ogre" had made a new post and it included a link to the thread, but his post wasn't here yet, nor was there a link to where to validate it.

A little poking around in the Mod control Panel and I located the place to do so. And I aslo added the link to that place to the template that generates the email to forum moderators, so that posts and or topics can be more easily approved or denied. I will be testing that new email template shortly.

Ogre
Nov 28th, 2001, 08:03:47 PM
Test 2

TheHolo.Net
Nov 28th, 2001, 08:12:24 PM
Okay, the template modification worked. There is now a link included with the email notification that will allow a staff member to validate a post made in the forum.

One small downfall is the fact that the notification emails are sent regardless fo who posts. ie. When I post with this name, even though I am listed as a Moderator of this forum and administrator of the site, I recieve the same email as I do when a regular poster posts, but the username is present in the email and recognizing it as a staff member tells me immediately that I need not approve the post as it doen't require it.

I may do a little looking into finding a hack that will disable sending emails regarding staff members making posts here or in any "Moderated" forum such as this one.