PDA

View Full Version : Online status in posts

TheHolo.Net
Nov 28th, 2001, 01:42:34 AM
I find it unusual that online status within posts is being misreported, but the status in the Forum leaders is working correctly. Forum Leaders uses the same template as well, but within posts I see Jedi Master Carr as online, while Forum Leaders shows him offline. This is the first time I have noticed the issue, but it may have appeared earlier than tonight.

Has anyone been changing cookie options? hmmmmmmm, that makes me wonder if there is a cookie option I need to change due to vbPortal. I am continuing to investigate.

Nupraptor
Nov 28th, 2001, 01:44:47 AM
I find it unusual that online status within posts is being misreportedUnless I'm mistaken, this has to do with a person chosing to be invisible in the "Who's Online" feature. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to be invisible if all your posts reported you as online. For example, my status should read "Offline" right now, as does yours.

TheHolo.Net
Nov 28th, 2001, 01:54:55 AM
The hack that I added to Who's online had made it so that moderators and Admins could see people's online status regardless of whether they chose to be invisible or not, as well as the fact that many users who are not currently online are being listed as online.

In Jedi Mater Carr's topic below this one, he is listed as online.

TheHolo.Net
Nov 28th, 2001, 02:08:32 AM
Mybe my PC is just being buggy, but when using the control panel I am having trouble switching style sets as well. =/

TheHolo.Net
Nov 28th, 2001, 04:37:51 AM
Looks like I managed to get the online status to Display as you indicate it does Nup, with a few modifications to a couple PHP files, the style issue I am still researcing and looking into resolving.

Champion of the Force
Nov 28th, 2001, 05:38:30 PM
In the past when I was 'Invisible' I was never showing up as Online in the Forum Leaders list, yet I was in posts.

TheHolo.Net
Nov 28th, 2001, 05:40:50 PM
Yep, thats the behavior I noticed in the past as well.

TheHolo.Net
Nov 28th, 2001, 05:44:54 PM
I did find a routine in the showgroups.php file that checks the online status of users, while I am unable to find one in showthread.php.

showgroups.php = Forum Leaders.