PDA

View Full Version : Episode II Novelization

darth_mcbain
Nov 27th, 2001, 10:19:01 PM
http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2001/11/news20011127.html

It's been announced - the novelization for AOTC will be out in April, 2002... I think I'll probably do the same as with TPM - I'll buy it, but I will forbid myself to look at it until after I've seen the movie for the first time.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 27th, 2001, 10:43:43 PM
Is that a little early? When did TPM novelization come out?

darth_mcbain
Nov 28th, 2001, 08:33:36 AM
If I remember correctly, the novelization for TPM came out roughly a month before the film was released, so this would correspond with that. Honestly, I hope it comes out late April instead of early. It will mean less time that I have to not read it... AGHHH...

Jedieb
Nov 28th, 2001, 08:45:22 AM
I did the EXACT same thing McBain did. I bought the TPM novelization (Maul cover) and didn't read it until the day after I saw TPM. I plan to do the same this time around as well. I wonder if the powers that be will try to sucker collectors again by having multiple covers again?

JMK
Nov 28th, 2001, 09:14:27 AM
Of course they will! I'm going to buy it and give it to someone else to keep it from me for a month!

darth_mcbain
Nov 28th, 2001, 10:38:46 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if there are multiple covers again. There are enough characters to make it work... For TPM I got the Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon cover. They were all out of the Maul covers when I went, and I didn't want to wait (even though after I bought it I didn't read it for about a month)...

If there are multiple covers, I wonder which one will be the big seller? Probably if there is a Jango Fett one that will be the big one...

ReaperFett
Nov 28th, 2001, 12:03:49 PM
I will buy it after the movie. Salvatore is writing it, and I liked his first foray into the SW Galaxy.

My real wonder is if I should buy The Approaching Storm first, which takes place right before AOTC, so leads you into it

Jedieb
Nov 28th, 2001, 02:22:14 PM
The Approaching Storm is a must read for me. I read Cloak of Deception and I found it to be very enlightening. It does a good job of filling in a lot of TPM back story. I guess the one thing you have to worry about is whether TAS will give away any AOTC plot or character details. TAS will probably introduce AOTC characters like Jango or Count Dooku. It may also set up AOTC in such a way that you know where the story is heading before you sit down in the theater. DAMN! The more I write about it the LESS I want to read it! I'll probably buy it and then hold it until after I read the AOTC novelization.