PDA

View Full Version : R2-D2 Beneath the Dome

darth_mcbain
Nov 27th, 2001, 02:00:28 PM
In case you haven't seen it, the first part of the R2 special has been posted on the official site

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/video/r2_btd/r2_btd1.html

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 27th, 2001, 06:01:49 PM
I will probably download it tonight it looks very funny.

Jedieb
Nov 28th, 2001, 03:16:45 PM
That was hilarious! I thought it would just be a repeat of what we saw on Fox, but it's actually more. What we saw on Fox were just bits and pieces of the entire show. The straight faced delivery that everyone gives is really funny. I can't wait for part II.

darth_mcbain
Nov 28th, 2001, 03:25:17 PM
As usual, I'm having trouble viewing it - I don't know what's up with my Quicktime... ARGH... Although at least it isn't as bad as not being able to view the trailers.

RHJediKnight
Nov 28th, 2001, 06:42:17 PM
Hehe, that was great! I thought the little 6-minute thing they did on FOX was good, but I was kinda disappointed by how short it was. I didn't know they were doing a big multipart documentary thing on the site, though. I can't wait for the next installment. Poor Artoo...his dad is mean :(

Jedieb
Nov 28th, 2001, 07:58:31 PM
McBain, did you know there are 2 versions of Quicktime 5? There's a 5.2 and I think that's the one you need to see LFL movies. Here's the link for the download:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

darth_mcbain
Nov 29th, 2001, 10:18:57 AM
I checked my version and it is 5.0.2, which I think is the latest one available for free download at that link you posted. Its weird, because I have the trailers saved on my local drive and they play just fine, but when I try to play them through the Internet, it just doesn't happen - must be a problem with my plugin settings or something... :(

Jedieb
Nov 29th, 2001, 12:42:41 PM
5.02 is the correct version. I wish I could help oyu out but I can't figure out why you can't see them. At least you've got them downloaded. Someone should eventually have copies of the R2 special you could download. keep your eyes peeled.

Doc Milo
Nov 29th, 2001, 04:01:59 PM
Have you tried putting the plug-in into "kiosk mode" as opposed to "save to disk cache"?

darth_mcbain
Nov 29th, 2001, 05:42:13 PM
How do I check on that Doc?

Doc Milo
Dec 1st, 2001, 03:45:24 AM
Launch the Quicktime player (not the browser plug-in) and click on "Edit" and then highlight "Preferences" Click on "Quick Time Preferences" There will be a pull down menu that gives you a list of all the Quicktime preferences. The first on the list is "Browser Plug-in" and it's there that you can set it to kiosk rather than save to disk cache. Also, on the preference list in the pull down menu there are things like "Connection speed" and Audio and Video settings you might want to check out and adjust if necessary...

Jedieb
Dec 3rd, 2001, 10:39:18 PM
Part II is up and ready for download. My connection is running pretty slow tonight so it'll be awhile before I get to see it. But it looks like R2's success has come at a steep price....:x

Jedieb
Dec 11th, 2001, 04:13:42 PM
Part 3 is now online. For me, it was the funniest of them all. It ends with a shocking revelation you won't believe! :lol

JedHead
Dec 13th, 2001, 01:20:25 PM
wow! that was really cool!