PDA

View Full Version : Interlude

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 26th, 2001, 02:02:08 AM
ooc: continued from this thread (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7423) .... /ic:

De'Ville stepped out of the building into the main pathways that threaded by the Sector Rangers headquarters. Mr. Prent was certainly doing well for himself...and had her quite effectively under his thumb.

She hated him.

The sun was dipping towards the horizon...or what might be termed the "real" horizon. It had already sunk below the tops of the 'scrapers, sending deep shadows along the pathways. Lilaena headed for the nearest bar. She couldn't drink, but there was always sabacc to take her mind off people she couldn't afford to kill.

Mortaniuss
Nov 26th, 2001, 02:18:04 AM
He was certain that she hadn't seen him. After all, creatures of the night frequently lived up to their moniker. Even though that accursed sun hadn't completely disappeared behind the multitude of structures yet, it was still hidden well enough to allow him to travel somewhat freely.

He made sure that at no time did the space between him and his quarry stretch more than a few yards. Normally, it would be difficult at best to sneak up on an adept Force user such as the Lady De'Ville. But Mortaniuss had found that his race had a certain disposition towards stealth which came in very handy when stalking prey.

More silent than the wind itself (indeed, if Lilaena had been paying more attention, she might have noticed the sudden and acute silence), he quickened his pace until he was just a scant few paces behind her. If his black heart still functioned, he was certain that it would be pounding with anticipation right now. This was the sublime moment which enthralled him every time: the brief instant before he moved in for the kill. It was only slighly diminished by the lingering thought in the back of his head which reminded him that he wouldn't be doing any actual killing.

A grin quickly spreading on his face as Mortaniuss slowly raised his right hand, wrapping ice-cold fingers around the back of Lilaena's neck.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 26th, 2001, 02:31:09 AM
Lilaena felt a freezing hand grab her by the nape of the neck. She pulled forward out of the grasp and whirled around -

- to face nothing but the growing dusk. She looked around quickly and carefully, the few people on the pathway walking around her. De'Ville rubbed the back of her neck, and extended her senses with the Force...but didn't get any help from that. Not knowing what she was looking for, the beings milling by didn't help her much. And there wasn't a spot of cold air in the area.

She turned back around, continuing on her way, but considerably more alert than before. Perhaps it was...She quickened her pace, not that it would do any good. Prent had been hired by someone to poison her. She hadn't found out who yet, but it was only a matter of time before she did...or before he actually killed her.

Mortaniuss
Nov 26th, 2001, 02:38:00 AM
"Not so fast, m'lady. I meant to halt your advance, albeit briefly, for a reason."

The voice was calm and soft, completely sure of itself without sounding overbearing. It was the voice of a doting parent... or of a skilled assassin. Lilaena hardly had the time to consider which this one was before its owner appeared. She turned her head quickly - to the left, to the right, back to the left and back to the right... and standing there, where moments before there had been nothing but a pleasant view of the city, a tall, muscular albino stood with his arms crossed over his bare chest. Apparently, the stranger's taste in clothing was rather spartan, taking a "less is more" approach.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 26th, 2001, 02:44:19 AM
She eyed the albino, who certainly was handsome, and held her arms easily at her sides, but within reach of her saber. "For what reason?"

Grabbing people in the street was certainly one way of getting attention, just not the right sort of attention. She probed at him with the Force, getting nothing but confident coolness back. Her best efforts were insufficient to read his thoughts, and she could only get a read on his emotions...which were few.

Mortaniuss
Nov 26th, 2001, 02:58:56 AM
Leaving one arm crossed over his chest, the stranger wrapped the other one behing his back and leaned forward in a formal bow. The hilt of his sword protruded at a parallel angle, its dark hue standing in stark contrast to the rest of his person.

"If I meant you harm, m'lady, I wouldn't have made my presence known to you."

As he straightened himself, a cold smile quickly made its way to his lips, revealing immaculately white teeth.

"But I did, and so I don't. Instead, I wished to see if m'lady would like company on her lengthy trek. I think you'd find my presence a distinct deterrent to any other would-be threat."

He chuckled, a distinctly sardonic sound that lasted only briefly.

"After all... things come with the night that no sane person would welcome."

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 26th, 2001, 03:07:11 AM
De'Ville felt herself being drawn in by his white smile, and then she shook her head. "I need no protection. And sane or not, things of the night hold no fear for me." She stepped away from him, and then turned back.

"How do you know how far I am going?" Her voice was edged with suspiscion. This tall albino was certainly no one she had seen at the Sector Rangers, and even if he had been, she had told no one of her intent. Probably just a lucky guess on his part.

Mortaniuss
Nov 26th, 2001, 03:16:48 AM
Mortaniuss couldn't restrain a silent laugh to himself: So she had picken up on his little clue. She was a sharp one, alright.

"Oh, there is precious little that I don't know about you, Lilaena De'Ville. And I think you'll find it in your best interest to grant me this humble request."

He let his words hang for a moment, twisting his tone in just such a way so as to keep her attention riveted.

"You yourself said that you have nothing to fear from the likes of me. What harm could there be in simply allowing me to be by your side? At least then you know that I'm not at your back."

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 26th, 2001, 03:26:32 AM
She let her gaze ice over, and then shrugged. "Walk by me if you must. But don't expect me to carry a conversation with you." De'Ville let her hand rub her abdomen once, and then quickly crossed her arms over her breast.

Turning back the way she had been walking, she started up the pathway again, the darkness deepening around her and her strange companion. She marked his presence in the Force, and kept a close eye on his movements that way, while letting her eyes watch what was going on in front of her and behind her. The tall man..although he sensed distinctly different from any other man she had met...walked easily by her side, his movements graceful.

He felt like dead roses. It was hard to explain. De'Ville shot a sideways glance at him as she stopped by a turbolift so she could get to the next level down.

Lady Pandora
Dec 3rd, 2001, 02:00:29 AM
Pandora looked on as the young fledgling and his prey walked along the dark street together. She could hear the thoughts of the people in the town, sense the dreams of those asleep in their beds. So too could she sense the thoughts of Mortaniuss and the human female who walked along side him. Indeed, they were as open books to her. The hunger in Mortaniuss was strong, it was clear that he intended to feed. Oh, to be a young fledgling again and eager for the hunt each night. How Pandora once reminisced on those days with fondness. Now it all seemed so insignificant to her, not often would she give into the lust for blood. Only once in a great many years would she allow the moment of weakness.

Throughout the centuries Pandora had seen many Vampyres, but it seemed as if their numbers were dwindling. Could the stories she'd heard of been true? Had all those who were not of pure blood been eradicated? Surely not as Mortaniuss was obviously not of pure blood, for she could sense it. His was as many Vampyres of this era. Weaker, more susceptible to the elements and wholly dependent upon the continuous consumption of human blood for his survival.

Mortaniuss was different however, from the other fledglings she'd come across. His mind was complex, old for his age. Although still young as a Vampyre it was clear that he was wise beyond his years. Perhaps this was why Pandora sought him out when she noticed him earlier that week, scurrying in the shadows as his keen senses took notice of all that surrounded him...all save Pandora. Despite Mortaniuss' intellect and maturity his mind was still three demential, unable to see the things which Pandora could see, and wholly unable to sense her presence unless she herself made a conscious decision to reveal herself.

Pandora had become distracted by her own thoughts as she began to fall behind Mortaniuss and his companion. Speeding up her pace she continued to follow. She was indeed curious as to how the young vampyre would seduce his prey.

Mortaniuss
Dec 3rd, 2001, 03:33:13 AM
The albino crossed both arms across his back, bowing his head with a silent chuckle. As much as he liked to puff and preen, flaunting his supposed control over every detail of a situation, he found that he was still assaulted by the nature of his heritage: the Hunger. His calm appearance of disinterest would be betrayed only for a fraction of a second as his eyes wandered towards the woman. The throbbing pulse in her neck, the swelling of her breast as she walked... it had been too long since Mortaniuss had fed on such a delicacy. And she certainly had a darkness about her. Not the strongest he'd felt, not by any measure. But it was still there, swimming through his mind like a heady wine.

When they reached the turbolift, he had to make a conscious effort not to take her right there and then. Although it had only been a few decades since he'd adapted this 'alternate lifestyle', he'd all but forgotten what it was like to have a sexual craving. He imagined, however, that it felt a great deal like this. Forcing down his desires was no easier than halting a renegade limb, yet he managed it well enough so that his voice betrayed nothing.

"I know, Miss De'Ville. I know you very well, indeed."

With silence and grace in equal measures, he slipped behind her as he spoke, slowly gravitating towards her opposite side, then back again in a careful semi-circle. Reaching her left, he tilted his head and whispered into her ear before continuing his walk.

"Your thoughts betray you. You're as easy to read as a holodisplay to me. But no worries," he reassured her. "Some people might try to use that against you. I, however, am a more... benevolent soul. I wish to help you."

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 3rd, 2001, 04:05:27 AM
De'Ville felt him walking behind her, and her heart beat faster as he spoke into her ear. She concentrated beyond the tone of his silky voice, and held herself in check. "You wish to help me?" She looked up at him, narrowing her eyes as the turbolift stopped on the level she wanted.

He nodded, his eyes revealing nothing, and yet she was almost mesmerized by them. De'Ville blinked, and turned away, walking out of the 'lift. He followed, stopping next to her again as she halted her steps just beyond the 'lift. "I do not need any help." He caught her in his gaze again, and Lilaena paused, then shook herself, drawing on the Force to keep her alert. Damn Sanis, and damn Coruscant. She glowered inwardly.

"I will walk alone." She dismissed him with a motion, and walked away from him, her hand on her lightsaber handle in case the albino followed still.

Lady Pandora
Dec 5th, 2001, 06:16:47 AM
It was curious to watch. Was this human female able to sense Mortaniuss' intentions? The manner in which she dismissed the cunning vampyre and walked off hastily gave this impression. However, Pandora herself knew that such a feat would be impossible for any human, despite the heightened senses which some seemed to possess. Perhaps it was time to end this game of cat and mouse, after all she did wish to speak with Mortaniuss. So many questions filled her mind. Where did he come from? Who made him? Were there others like him? For the first time in centuries the Ancient Vampyre was intrigued and wanted answers.

Pandora took a step back, a short spark of energy lit up her yellowish green eyes. In an instant she was revealed and Mortaniuss knew of her. She'd been there the entire time, all memories of the past moments were now replaced with her presence and for him it was once again as if she'd been there all along, watching. He was not startled...indeed, before he had the chance to react in surprise he had already grown accustomed to the fact that she was there. It was subtle.

She stepped forward just slightly into the artificial light and opened her mind to Mortaniuss, inviting him to read her thoughts if he so desired, so that he may know her intentions and not be frightened of her. After a few short moments she sank back into the shadows and waited for Mortaniuss' next move.

Mortaniuss
Dec 7th, 2001, 02:53:57 AM
A cruel, knowing smile found it's way to Mortaniuss' mouth as he stepped back and away from Lilaena. It always was so much fun when they played hard to get. And with a strong willed woman such as her, he had expected no less. Let her think he had lost interest, for the time being. She'd learn soon enough that this particular vampyre wasn't so easily dissuaded.

And, with all the lack of noise with which he appeared, Mortaniuss left her presence, a chill air lingering behind as his only calling card.

It would be at least another half hour before De'Ville reached the ritzy hotel she was staying at. Plenty of time for Mortaniuss to meet his mysterious benefactor, face to color-striken face. Had she not made herself known right then and there, Mortaniuss would have likely been inclined to coerce his quarry into accepting his company. But something like this... it was outright impossible for him to pass up. Miss De'Ville would find a surprise waiting for her when she got to the hotel. For now, let her have the illusion of control.

The thought hadn't even crossed the fledgling vampyre's mind to try and approach the ancient one unnoticed. Such a feat would be simply beyond his ability, and would only serve to promote distrust. Instead, he strode purposefully into the darkened alleyway which he now knew she was waiting in. Mournblade hummed and sang with anticipation, and that alone made Mortaniuss uneasy. If the blasted thing got out of control and made any hostile attempts, he doubted that even its power would spare him much. He resolved not to draw it unless things became most dire.

"What is it you want of me?", he spoke to the darkness in a flat tone. "I have previous engagements and cannot afford to dally long."

Lady Pandora
Dec 9th, 2001, 03:34:17 AM
With each step Mortaniuss took toward Pandora she sank further into the shadows. She did not wish to cause him discomfort. Her gleaming white skin and sparkling fingernails were enough to startle any being, even an albino vampyre. He would indeed be curious, for Pandora could sense that he had never before met one of the Ancients. Those, whose skin had been made white and smooth as porcelain from the ages of existence. She was like a statue come to life, despite the soot that she applied to conceal the shine. Her stoic features changed only slightly as she looked upon Mortaniuss.

She smiled only slightly as she thought of Marius and how livid he would be if he knew such young fledglings still existed and others were still being made. Perhaps that is why she had already decided days ago not to tell Marius of this event. Since they were so closely linked by blood he would never be able to sense from her that she had met Mortaniuss and he would never know of the young fledgling's existence.

Pandora's mind was alive with questions...but also with concerns. She must attempt to be extremely discrete after this meeting. For if Mortaniuss ever learned that Pandora was the one who had kept Ashiva, the mother of all Vampyres, in hiding all these centuries he would, of course, wish to feed from her just as all other Vampyres desired to do. Pandora recalled the countless times that she and Marius had slain those who dared to come and drink from that which they all referred to as the "fount." No fledgling who ever faced Pandora and Marius lived through the experience. Indeed, Marius had attempted to talk Pandora out of killing them but she always knew what had to be done. If one was not slain others would follow, and it would continue until the end of time.

Pandora's eyes were intense as she began to speak with Mortaniuss, "I am Pandora," she said slowly. She could hear his thoughts immediately. He had heard of her and knew of Ashiva. But thankfully, he knew not that it was she who continued to guard the Mother to this very day. "I wish to know of you," she whispered quietly, as if she herself had forgotten that no one would ever be able to eavesdrop on such a conversation, "where you come from... if there are others like you."

Lord Soth
Dec 10th, 2001, 03:35:06 AM
As the darkness slowly engulfed the two creature's of the night like blanket's of black Guhtin silk, a coldness fell over them. A bone aching coldness that even the dead felt in there hollow shells.

As Pandora backed further into the blackness of the alley, she sensed the blood of another. Ancient blood! Waiting, ... watching with great interest to see what was to unfold. Even to her, it was odd, years untold had she lived, but to encounter another such as herself, this was indeed a subtle surprise. Only then did she realize there was another there. For her mind was focused on Mortaniuss. The male Vanpyre had hid himself masterfully, but Pandora broke through the vial of darkness that shrouded the Vanpyre behind her. He was young, yet he was ancient old, much older the herself. In that instant she knew of him. His name, his year's, they read to her as an open book. It was her gift as an "Ancient," as it was to Soth.

"Yes, m'lady, or shall I call you Pandora?" Soth hesitated briefly. His word's seemed to carry a lethal tone in them as he spoke.

"Indeed, there are more, such as us. But why do you follow my brother like a stalker in the night? And have you found what you were looking for in him?" Soth at that precise moment uttered a power "word of command" as he finished. But it fell short of her, like a poison dagger that hit a wall short of it's target. It was useless against one so old such as Pandora. She let out a slight laugh at Soth's attempt against her. Soth eye's blazed a hot red hue that give away his location at that very moment. But Pandora was well aware of were the two fledglings stood and their intention's that crossed there minds towards her. Both were deadly, however they knew this of her as well.

Lady Pandora
Dec 15th, 2001, 02:09:56 PM
It was the Death Knight of old. Pandora's mind raced as she attempted to make the association. This was the same Death Knight which was cursed all those millennia ago and roamed the universe without a true body. Pandora knew it the moment he crept upon her and Mortaniuss, but even then she could not believe that which she herself had sensed. Indeed she had heard of him throughout the centuries, but never did she encounter him, and even still she could never image that he had been turned into a vampyre.

It was strange to witness, even for her. To sense both natures within a being. A soul so ancient... yet at the same time so young and a fledgling vampyre? But it was true, for why else would he test her in such a way? It was clear he knew nothing of her strength. Any other fledgling vampyre would had fled in terror had they been able to sense and perceive her as more aged vampyres could. Pandora wasted no trivial words with the ancient Death Knight. It was indeed clear that he was testing her, for she could read it in his thoughts, see it upon his face as he looked at her. Even through the stoic look which he attempted to maintain in her presence. He wished to know if she was who she claimed to be. This amused Pandora slightly and she was never one to disappoint. If Soth wished a display of her power to be performed she would gladly oblige him.

The Ancient Vampyre's movements were that of a speed so fast that neither the Death Knight Soth nor Mortaniuss could see her until it was far too late. It was mere milliseconds to them, yet when next they saw Pandora she was standing directly behind Soth. Her weapon was drawn out and the sharp blade lain gently across his neck. His mind was also easily subdued. Even his heightened senses as a Death Knight were no match for her innate abilities, and that much less as a newly made Vampyre. Her power and strength were unfathomable, only a short movement of the wrist would it take to return the fledgling to his former state of being.

But then a wickedness crept upon her. She felt the weakness of the flesh washing over her like a cold breeze. How she wished to bite this fledgling. To know the secrets of the ages which he held within his cold shell... to be linked so closely by blood with one who possessed two natures as he did. Never had one so old been turned as this fledgling had. The intrigue was almost overwhelming. Her breath was soft upon his neck as she drew her lips close to him, parting them slowly and allowing her fanged teeth to press gently upon the vein in his neck. Even though his skin was hardened, it would take little or no effort for Pandora to penetrate his flesh and take that which she desired.

Why she pulled away not even she could explain. Perhaps it was the embarrassment of having Mortaniuss, a fledgling vampyre, looking upon her in her moment of weakness. It had been only seconds. Yet, all which transpired within her own mind seemed to be that much more time consuming to Pandora. She turned slowly to address Soth, "who I stalk and who I derive my answers from should not concern you, Death Knight. I have need for this fledgling, would you dare to stand in my way?"

Lord Soth
Dec 17th, 2001, 09:54:51 PM
The Death Knight let out an evil sinister laugh at her question. The laugh itself echoed throughout Pandora's mind. Indeed Pandora knew of Soth and his ancient past. However, what she experienced next was a terror that even she had little resistance to. History told the account of the fallen knights, cursed to oblivion. The powers that they possessed was something that Pandora herself had overlooked. She had heard the lore in tales that were passed down through the millennia. Eight terrifying knights, their only purpose, death!

"Make your cut true m'lady, for I tell you now, Though you may take my physical body, make no mistake, I will hunt your rotting corpse till the end of time itself." Soth's words sounding more like a hiss to her mind. In his words Pandora in that very moment sensed the truth of his threat. She knew then, if there was ever one to follow through with a promise such as this, it would be the Death Knight.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 3rd, 2002, 10:58:36 PM
ooc: Hey, wanna finish this RP? Huh? Guys?? and its MY thread so I can OOC in it if I want. :) But AIM or PM me with the reply to my question. :)/ic: