PDA

View Full Version : TV Guide.

BUFFJEDI
Nov 21st, 2001, 05:15:17 PM
Has anyone gotten the new(I assume)TV guide with R2d2 on it?I was at (and ain't proud of it)Wal-mart and saw it on the stand.My hands were to full,and the lady in front of me was HOT!!!! so I kind of forgot about it until I got home.Anyone have it and if so whta it got in there.

Figrin D'an
Nov 21st, 2001, 05:53:15 PM
I've got it. There is a goofy little story about R2-D2, presented in a VH1 'Behind the Music' - like format, which is amusing in parts. There is also an interview with Lucas. Most of the content of the interview, related to Episode II, is nothing new to those who are internet savvy, but there were a couple of interesting comments.

When asked about the EU and novelists using his characters in new stories, he had this to say:

"Oh, sure. They're done outside of my little universe. 'Star Wars' has had a lot of different lives that have been worked on by a lot of other people. It works without me."

So, take from that what you will....

Also, I thought this was kind of funny... when asked if he had any Star Wars memorabilia, he said that he had only a couple of small items, but he also added this:

"My son has a few things, but he's probably got more of other kinds of things than he has 'Star Wars' toys. I mean, he has them, but like any other parent, I'm not going to let him go wild. There's only so much I can afford."

Yeah.... right. :rolleyes

In describing Episode II, he said:

"It's a complicated story - a love story and a progression of events. It's not overwhelmingly upbeat, but some good things do happen. But, there are a lot of evil things hanging, a lot of portents of things to come."

That's about it really...

BUFFJEDI
Nov 21st, 2001, 06:29:56 PM
Cool , Thanx:)

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 21st, 2001, 08:57:29 PM
My son has a few things, but he's probably got more of other kinds of things than he has 'Star Wars' toys. I mean, he has them, but like any other parent, I'm not going to let him go wild. There's only so much I can afford."

Yeah.... right.
I thought the same thing Figrin about that. Maybe Lucas likes spending his money on other things like fine wines and art, regardless it is good to not to give his son everything he wants like his story about the lightsaber that his true of a lot of kids. There is also a little short piece on what to expect from EP 2 I thought that was kind of cool. Finally I am going to move this to films because I think it fits better there.