PDA

View Full Version : AOTC lightsaber speculation

Jedieb
Nov 20th, 2001, 10:26:35 PM
JMC's sig has got me to thinking. Count Dooku's lightsaber handle doesn't look like your normal lightsaber. It almost looks like a cane handle doesn't it? It might even be something that he can carry around casually without giving away the fact that he's carrying a lightsaber. I guess all will be revealed when we get some action figures or character stills. Oh baby......

JMK
Nov 20th, 2001, 10:36:24 PM
Yeah, I'm very interested to know what the story is with that handle. I can't even guess it's purpose...

Jedieb
Nov 20th, 2001, 10:43:37 PM
The way he's holding it is unusual also. I wonder if Nick Gerard came up with a specific fighting style that was suitable for Christopher Lee and his stunt double. Lee's obviously not going to be able to match Ray Park's physical prowess. But he can do something that can more than make up for it. HE CAN ACT! I think we're definitely going to get some OT style lightsaber dual dialogue. Feeling ..faint .. from .. anticipation..... :crack :crack

JMK
Nov 20th, 2001, 11:05:54 PM
WATER!!! Get the man some water!!!!!!!

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 20th, 2001, 11:06:42 PM
I was wondering about the handle too it looks like is curved shaped perhaps, I have no clue why he would want it that way unless he wanted to conceal it or it could personal preference. I also can't wait to see Lee fighting he is terrific fencer, watch the Lester's The Three Muskeeteers and the Four Musketeers, he is terrific in those films. I am certain though that they will have a stunt double for a lot of his fight sequences and I agree with you Lee is sure to give a great performanc. A few spies have even said he steals the movie, which wouldn't surprise me.
Lee is a great actor and has really never been apreciated in Hollywood that is why it is so fitting that he very well end his career appearing in 5 of films that will make him remembered forever (LOTR trilogy, and AOTC and EP 3 I am just assuming he is in Lee has just about confirmed it.) Also Does anybody think this is a major spoiler learning that Lee is the weilding a lightsaber. I mean it could say he is the next sith of course at this point we have no clue as what to means except that he fights with it. Really Lee playing the villain should surprise no one that is all that he has done just about throughout his career .

Jedieb
Nov 20th, 2001, 11:39:51 PM
Most people aren't disecting the trailers as if they were the Zapruder films. He's got no dialogue in them and he's on screen for just a few seconds. We've been picking up on stuff because we've been looking for hints. I think that much more is going to come out about this "charismatic separatist" that Lee plays. You mentioned his fencing work. My favorite Lee role was Scaramanger(sp?) in the Man With The Golden Gun. He was one of the BEST Bond villians ever if not the best. He's a classic villian and I think we're in for a treat.

At some point I'm going to have to make a decision about where to draw the line. Trailers and Insider photos are as far as I want to go. But I just don't know if I can avoid temptation like I did before. I want to stay spoiler free, but I just don't know if I can this time. :(

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 20th, 2001, 11:59:31 PM
I've already lost that battle unfortunately:( I went on theforce.net boards too often and found out a few things. I don't know the whole movie but I know a couple spoilers that I probably wish I didn't know.

Doc Milo
Nov 21st, 2001, 12:07:51 AM
I've found that "spoiler" means different things to different people. To some people, the title of the film is a spoiler! To some, knowing which actors are in the film is a spoiler! To some, knowing who those actors play is a spoiler! And so on...

I have a very "loose" definition of spoiler. All the above, I don't consider spoilers. I don't consider seeing some images from the film as spoilers. What I consider a spoiler is anything that gives away the specifics of the plot and story. I don't mind knowing themes, I don't mind having a general idea what the movie will be about. I don't want to know the "what and how" of the story, I guess is the best way to put it. I also don't want to know the specifics of the "why." A general idea of "why" is okay, but not the specifics of the "why." "Who, where, and when" are okay with me as long as they don't give away the specifics of "what, why, and how."

So, I pretty much avoid spoilers that will let me know too much of those things. Luckily, there aren't too many of those types of spoilers out there....

Does this make any sense to anyone?

JMK
Nov 21st, 2001, 08:57:21 AM
Yeah, I define a spoiler as a plot point.

Anakin becomes Vader = I know, not a spoiler
How Anakin becomes Vader = I don't know, don't want to know yet. This is a spoiler.

darth_mcbain
Nov 21st, 2001, 09:57:09 AM
HAHA JMK ---- Water my @ss... Somebody bring jedieb some Pepto Bismol!!! :lol :lol :lol

Hey, it's kind of a Star Wars reference.

As for the curved saber I remember when the rumors first started flying that Dooku or even Palpatine would have a curved saber - the saber itself! I am glad to see that they stuck to the traditional "straight" saber, and just made the handle curved. First off - it is just classic saber design. Second, while lightsabers don't really obey the laws of physics, to have the beam of light be curved would really break some physical laws.

EB - that is a good speculation. For other Jedi and Sith warriors, when they carry their sabers on their belts, it marks them right away as a warrior. Perhaps Dooku's weapon is meant to be concealed, as you said perhaps as a cane handle, so that people don't realize who he is.

And, yes, I am excited about some saber duels in which there is a little dialogue. That was one of the first things I noticed about the duel in TPM. Between Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Darth Maul, there was not one word spoken. It seemed kind of weird the first time I saw it, but it was the right way to go - Maul was just not the conversational type :) This might hearken back to the OT if there is to be some dialogue in the duels.

Don't know if this merited spoiler tags, but better safe than sorry.

JMK
Nov 21st, 2001, 05:47:53 PM
:lol
I'm SO glad you picked up on that and finished it off.
I'll set them up, you knock em down! :D

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 21st, 2001, 09:08:48 PM
I don't know the whole plot, some of what I know really is rumor from theforce.net boards. I think for sure one of them is true, the other thing I am not sure. The rest of the plot I only know bits and pieces mostly what we knew for sure, I have no idea how it is going to end and what repructions it will have for EP 3.

Jedieb
Nov 21st, 2001, 09:21:54 PM
Oooh that Pepto hits the spot! :rollin

I've got to go with Doc's definition of spoilers. Some knowledge is unavoidable, but I want to avoid as many specifics as I can. For example, for TPM I was able to buy several toys, but I carefully avoided reading character bios. I don't know if I'll be able to do that this time. I may give in to temptation and read plot points I want to avoid. I think I'll just try to rip them open and store the cards away in a safe deposit box. It's the only way to be sure asids from burning the cards.