PDA

View Full Version : I've had some time on my hands...

Nupraptor
Nov 20th, 2001, 06:05:30 AM
Well, while work does consume a good amount of my time, I have been around pretty often (albeit at unusual hours). And as such, I was considering returning in an official capacity at this board. It's not that I think SWFans is short-handed, by any means. It's just that I'm more familiar with most when it comes to vBulletin and things like Template editing and implementing Hacks.

I don't believe that we need another Moderator, as I think 3 is plenty. And besides which, Moderators do not have the ability to alter the things I mentioned. Thus, if I returned, it would be in the position of an Administrator. But I didn't want to simply come back and declare myself anything. So I'm asking you guys (and ladies): What do you think?

Please don't be afraid to speak your mind on this - Biting your tongue to be polite now will only lead to problems in the future. If you think having me as an Admin would only be superfluous, or you think that I'm not responsible enough to hold the position (a large part of the previous situation was my fault, I'll admit), then please say so.

TheHolo.Net
Nov 20th, 2001, 06:13:46 AM
Originally posted by Nupraptor
It's just that I'm more familiar with most when it comes to vBulletin and things like Template editing and implementing Hacks.Awww, his confidence in me is waning. :( This coming from the one who empited several templates to disable features and I later got flack about when getting some support from vbulletin staff. :p

Actually, in all seriousness, I think it would be helpful having you on as an Admin and helping me and Davwj out with some of this stuff. Different and knowledgeable perspectives are quite helpful.

Nupraptor
Nov 20th, 2001, 06:20:17 AM
I didn't mean more familiar with it than you are: I meant more familiar than the other Moderators are. (Hence why I thought I could help out, instead of just suggesting the promotion of another Moderator to Admin status).

And I realize that some things may be worded poorly, but it's 6:17am, EST and I still haven't gotten any sleep since getting home from work. :p

TheHolo.Net
Nov 20th, 2001, 06:23:02 AM
I was just poking a little fun. It wasn't meant to be taken too seriously, hence the "in all seriousness" that followed shortly after. :)

Sleep you say! What is this sleep you speak of?

Nupraptor
Nov 20th, 2001, 06:25:07 AM
Well, just clarifying what I meant, regardless: It could have been easily taken that way.

TheHolo.Net
Nov 20th, 2001, 06:28:04 AM
I think it appropriate that the one who made the move here possible, have the access to the software that he should get, being the paying customer to the provider of it.

imported_Eve
Nov 20th, 2001, 08:16:27 AM
Yeah, what he said. You paid for it, why the hell wouldn't you be?!?

I didn't even know you weren't an admin anymore, but that shows you how much attention I pay.

Nupraptor
Nov 20th, 2001, 09:35:35 AM
It's just that I'm more familiar with most Also, that should read "I'm more familiar than most". My typing skills obviously are lacking at the moment.

And I don't think my paying for anything should be a factor in this: I didn't do it for any other reason than to insure that SWFans would continue to have a reliable home.

imported_Firebird1
Nov 20th, 2001, 12:40:38 PM
I thought you were the admin?

Who the heck is driving?

:D

Yeah, it would be logical to see you return as an admin. Don't worry, your skills outclass me.

Jedah Lynch
Nov 20th, 2001, 03:01:30 PM
:)

You can do a good job of being the admin due to your knowledge of the reasons you pointed out.

Just do a good job and what is right.

That is all that really needs to be said.

Vega Van-Derveld
Nov 20th, 2001, 03:46:36 PM
I thought you were the admin?

Ditto here O_o

Champion of the Force
Nov 20th, 2001, 04:51:16 PM
Nup's greatest achivement was convincing the world he wasn't already an admin when he wasn't. ;)

Nupraptor
Nov 20th, 2001, 05:43:23 PM
I may be overtired, but that didn't make a lick of sense, Dave. :huh

Anyway... I made a post a while back stating that I was resigning my powers as Admin/Mod for an indefinite period of time, and cited the reasons then. This was well over a month ago, probably longer. It was just a single post in someone else's thread. I've never been one for much fanfare, so I don't blame you for missing it. But my name was removed from all the Moderator lists for a reason. :)

I really meant what I said, though: I hardly expect everyone to be overjoyed by this. If anyone can think of a reason why I shouldn't be allowed to return, please bring it up.

Mhalbrecht Dalarsco
Nov 20th, 2001, 07:28:27 PM
I noticed that it didn't say Nup were an admin, and I wondered how he wasn't an admin.
He created the board, and I thought that auto made him a permanent admin.

Champion of the Force
Nov 20th, 2001, 07:56:24 PM
... but that didn't make a lick of sense, Dave.

:: thinks Arrrgghh, he's right! Quick - an excuse ... ::

Ahem, it was ... uhhh ... never supposed to. Yes. :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 21st, 2001, 03:06:28 AM
:mischief Here's a reason it didn't make sense: His repetition of the contraction "wasn't."

It should have read:

" Nup's greatest achivement was convincing the world he was already an admin when he wasn't. "

I believe Dave meant it as a pun on the popular saying about the devil.

"The devil's greatest acheivement was convincing the world he didn't exist."

All better now?? ;) :)

Champion of the Force
Nov 21st, 2001, 03:46:18 AM
Actually I took it off this:

The Beast's greatest trick was convincing the world he hadn't already been unleashed.
I got confused in my previous post due to my adding on of an extra part to the end. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 22nd, 2001, 01:53:25 AM
Ah....all perfectly clear now. :)

Nupraptor
Nov 22nd, 2001, 08:44:27 AM
Just waiting for more comments. :)

Admiral Lebron
Nov 22nd, 2001, 10:12:52 AM
Moo!

DarthNuriko
Nov 22nd, 2001, 02:46:22 PM
:lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 23rd, 2001, 08:02:58 PM
I think its a good idea. Nup should be an administrator.

:)

Champion of the Force
Nov 23rd, 2001, 10:19:38 PM
With Dales now gone, yes promote him already. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 24th, 2001, 01:08:59 AM
Dalethria is gone?!

O_o When did that happen? Who will edit out offensively large sigs now?! *panics*

Nupraptor
Nov 24th, 2001, 01:57:21 AM
Dalethria has resigned, at least temporarily, becuase of a lack of spare time on her part. And, if there's not going to be any other replies, I'm left to assume that everyone who's going to reply has done so. Although the responses haven't been overwhelmingly positive, I'd still like to help out. I talked with Ogre some, and I think it'd make more sense for me to be listed as a General Board Admin (like Dave) as opposed to a roleplaying Admin.

Champion of the Force
Nov 24th, 2001, 02:02:23 AM
Sorry - I should have said:

Dales is gone, but with possibility of returning in the near future.
That better? :)

... think it'd make more sense for me to be listed as a General Board Admin (like Dave) as opposed to a roleplaying Admin.
But I'm a Star Wars administrator, not General, unless that is what you meant. :huh

Nupraptor
Nov 24th, 2001, 02:23:53 AM
"General" as in "the whole board". :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 24th, 2001, 02:36:39 AM
I thought you wanted a rank, like sergeant or colonel. GENERAL ADMIN! *salutes* ;) :p :lol

So Dale is coming back? (Just a possibility I guess..?)

Nupraptor
Nov 24th, 2001, 03:02:36 AM
She said that it's a possibility, when she has more free time.

DarthHERA
Nov 24th, 2001, 05:52:42 PM
Sure, Nup should be Admin, I see no reason for him not to be.

BUFFJEDI
Nov 25th, 2001, 07:30:46 PM
Ditto.along with Davwj that would be cool.

Leeloo Mina
Nov 27th, 2001, 03:44:27 PM
Nup is the coolest guy ever and should be an admin 'cause I say so!!!
SO THERE!!

...yeah.

okay, so he's not the coolest guy ever and stuff but yeah =]