PDA

View Full Version : Celebration II Hotel Info

Jedieb
Nov 18th, 2001, 09:10:22 AM
Hotels rooms are hovering around the $200 range. I read the following on rebelscum. It appears to be legit and can easily be confirmed with a phone call if you choose.

Indianapolis Marriott Downtown - Skywalk to the Convention Center
WWW.marriotthotels.com/INDCC
$138.00 Per Night

The Westin Indianapolis - Skywalk to the Convention Center
WWW.Westin.com
$159.00 Per Night

Embassy Suites - 2 Blocks from the Convention Center
WWW.Embassysuites.com
$139.00 Per Night

Omni Severin Hotel- 2 Blocks with Skywalk to the Convention Center
WWW.omnihotels.com
$134.00 Per Night

Canterbury - 2 Blocks with Skywalk to the Convention Center
WWW.Canterbury.com
$155.00 Per Night

Adams Mark - 2.5 Blocks from the Convention Center
WWW.Adamsmark.com
$133.00 Per Night
$148.00 Per Night 705Sq. Ft Suites!
$305.00 Per Night 1100Sq Ft Suites!

Courtyard By Marriott - Across the street for the Convention Center
WWW.Courtyard.com/INDDC
$122.00 Per Night

Raddison - 2.5 Blocks from the Convention Center
WWW.Raddison.com
$135.00 Per Night

Comfort Inn - 2 Blocks from the Convention Center
WWW.ChoiceHotels.com
$115.00 Per Night

Hampton Inn - 2 Blocks from the Convention Center
WWW.HamptonInn.com
$121.00 Per Night Single
$131.00 Per Night Double

You will need to supply a credit card at the time of your reservation. Your card will be charged $5 at that time. If you cancel anytime before March 15th, you will be charged a $50 fee. After that date, you would need to cancel directly with the hotel under the terms of their cancellation policy. You can book a hotel room by calling our Hotel Reservation Desk at 1-800-923-0017 or emailing hotel_reservations@wizards.com.

Melissa Carl
Registration Mgr, Event Management
Wizards of the Coast

Hope this helps someone. Right now buff and I are may be making a road trip out of it. We might be able to cram in a 3rd or 4th into a double room. If anyone's interested give us a yell.

BUFFJEDI
Nov 18th, 2001, 02:32:46 PM
Join us if you dare ,MUha ha ha ha :evil

no really we will be driving and IF you are not to far(100 miles or less) out of the way let
Eb(s) /me know.FYI I WILL have NKOTB and MJ cd's on hand:D

Jedieb
Nov 18th, 2001, 02:37:26 PM
If you're in the VA or NC area please save me. I'll never survive a journey that include New Kids on The Block and Michael Jackson. I beg you, do something!!!!!!!!!!

BUFFJEDI
Nov 18th, 2001, 04:31:19 PM
step by step ohhhh baby gone to get to you girl,,,one of there greats:lol :lol :lol :lol

Jedieb
Nov 24th, 2001, 04:27:57 PM
More SW Celebration II Info

Convention Hours:

Friday, May 3:
Show Hours: 10am - 8pm
Attendee Registration: 9am - 7pm
Exhibit Hall & Star Wars Celebration II Store open for Fan Club Members only: 10am - 11am
Exhibit Hall open to All Attendees: 11am - 6pm
Star Wars Celebration II Store open for All Attendees: 11am - 8pm
Auction and Collectibles Panels: 11am - 6pm
Art Show hours: 11am - 6pm
Star Wars Celebration Opening Ceremony: 6:00pm

Saturday, May 4:
Show Hours: 9am - 8pm
Attendee Registration: 8am - 7pm
Exhibit Hall & Star Wars Celebration II Store open for Fan Club Members only: 9am - 10am
Exhibit Hall open to All Attendees: 10am - 6pm
Star Wars Celebration II Store open for All Attendees: 10am - 8pm
Auction and Collectibles Panels: 10am - 6pm
Art Show hours: 10am - 6pm

Sunday, May 5:
Show Hours: 9am -4pm
Attendee Registration: 8am - 2pm
Exhibit Hall & Star Wars Celebration II Store open for Fan Club Members only: 9am - 10am
Exhibit Hall open to All Attendees: 10am - 4pm
Star Wars Celebration II Store open for All Attendees: 10am - 4pm
Auction and Collectibles Panels: 10am - 3pm
Art Show hours: 10am - 4pm

Still no info on who is going to be there. But it's a safe bet people like Rick M. and Steve Sansweet will make appearances. There are also going to be a plethora of autograph booths, not that I'm into that, but some people really like having their memorabilia autographed.

JonathanLB
Nov 27th, 2001, 07:23:54 AM
Thanks EB, you're a life saver! I needed this info. I bought the tickets for my mom and I, but no hotel reservations yet.

I will have to get on that soon. I am considering this a business trip as much as a pleasure one, hehe, because I need to be there if I am to write about the whole experience and gather my interviews and whatnot. So I'm just going to tell whatever professors in advance that I will not be there Friday so I'll have to work around whatever there might be on that day. It's the last day before finals week, haha, but oh well. I hate college, certainly not as important as Star Wars by any means :) I mean that in all seriousness, too, hehe.

BUFFJEDI
Nov 27th, 2001, 01:53:16 PM
:lol

Jedieb
Nov 28th, 2001, 09:59:43 PM
Wizards has updated their site again. The hotel info is now online. A really interesting tidbit I saw was their mention of a SW video area. The convention will have an area set aside that will be continuously showing SW clips (trailers, comercials, etc). They may even be showing the films themselves. That'd be a pretty cool break, watching ESB surrounded by SW convention goers.

darth_mcbain
Dec 14th, 2001, 12:43:59 PM
Some additional info re/ the Celebration II convention was posted on the official site in case you haven't seen it...

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2001/12/news20011213.html

darth_mcbain
Dec 21st, 2001, 11:34:36 AM
On the official site, they've announced that Steve Sansweet will be interviewed about Celebration II, and have given links to web feeds so you can listen in...

It's hard to say "collector" without thinking of Star Wars collecting authority Steve Sansweet. Sansweet, who is the Director of Content Management & Fan Relations for Lucasfilm Ltd., is scheduled for a live interview on Indianapolis local radio on Friday, December 28, 2001 at 8:00 a.m. EST. You can also tune in to the web at www.wzpl.co or www.z995.com. Steve will be sharing straight from the source, not about collecting this time, but about the excitement of Celebration II.

Could be interesting, I might listen a bit...

darth_mcbain
Feb 20th, 2002, 10:50:39 AM
According to theforce.net, here's a listing of some of the guests you can expect to find at the celebration:

Anthony Daniels, Master of Ceremonies (C-3PO)
Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)
David Prowse (Darth Vader)
Kenny Baker (R2-D2)
Shannon Baska (Decipher’s Mara Jade)
Phil Brown (Owen Lars - OT)
Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett -OT)

(Man, had to dig a bit to find this thread! :))

Jedieb
Feb 20th, 2002, 12:20:45 PM
What a coincidence, I just read that over at TFN also. I'm not really all that into meeting the actors, but I am looking forward to Daniels. I heard he was very good at the first celebration. My room and flights are all booked and I'm ready and waiting. All that's left is to phone in sick that Thursday afternoon.

darth_mcbain
Feb 20th, 2002, 12:27:11 PM
Enjoy man... Make sure to take some pictures and post them when you get back...

Jedieb
Feb 20th, 2002, 12:41:55 PM
I'm dedicating an entire roll of film to buff's antics. Brawls, feats of strength, the seduction of young women, you know, the stuff buff does every weekend.

imported_QuiGonJ
Feb 20th, 2002, 02:15:45 PM
Just let us all know where to send the $$$ for the exclusive fig JediEb. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 20th, 2002, 02:17:40 PM
I am surprised to see Prowise on the list, I guess he must be getting better after that mysterious aliment that he had a while back. I wouldn't mind meeting Bullock, I wonder if there will be any big names there? I know the last two SW Disney weekends had Natalie Portman and Carrie Fisher, I was hoping to go the weekend Natalie was there but I had a change of plans :(

Jedieb
Feb 20th, 2002, 03:34:19 PM
I haven't forgotten my offer to you and Corran, QuiGon. I'll send you guys some info when some details about the figure and the price are made available. It looks like it's going to be yet another Luke figure with some special packaging. I would have preferred a plaid clad figure of GL, but Luke #58 is just as fitting.

darth_mcbain
Feb 22nd, 2002, 09:31:29 AM
Finally, eb - a chance to wear your Mandalorian Armor... :)

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2002/02/news20020221.html

Jedieb
Feb 22nd, 2002, 10:35:26 AM
Uhh yeah, right.... o_O

I've never been into the whole costume scene. I keep going back to my initial reaction to Trek fans dressed as Klingons, one of pure horror and pity. ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 1st, 2002, 01:25:29 PM
Looks like Billy Dee Williams will be their Jedieb and their are rumors that Christopher Lee and Carrie Fisher will both be there, man you are luck any way you can get me some autographs from them:D

darth_mcbain
Mar 1st, 2002, 01:36:14 PM
Yeah - you can hook up with Billy Dee and drink some Colt 45's backstage...

Jedieb
Mar 1st, 2002, 02:05:08 PM
Billy Dee Williams and Colt 45 references.... so......many.......jokes......

Autographs, something else I've never been that crazy about. If I met a SW celebrity I'd be inclined to shake his/her hand, say thanks for the memories, and then let them go about their business. But I won't stand in line to pay $10 bucks so Mark Hamill can sign my tan-vest Jedi Knight figure. I'd much rather gawk from a distance and snap some pictures with a telephoto lens.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 1st, 2002, 02:28:31 PM
Do the autographs cost money at the convention? I am just curious.

Jedieb
Mar 1st, 2002, 03:38:08 PM
They do at SOME conventions. I don't any specific details about this one. Baseball memorabilia shows, Sci-Fi conventions, these are all places where I've read that people pay a fee to get items autographed. There are athletes who make a tidy some for a few hours work. That work entailing them scribbling their autograph for hours on end on everything from cards to footballs.

BUFFJEDI
Mar 1st, 2002, 07:57:34 PM
Jedieb(s)

I'm dedicating an entire roll of film to buff's antics. Brawls, feats of strength, the seduction of young women, you know, the stuff buff does every weekend.

LMAO!! You had better buy a TON!!! of film
;)

No I'm so Mellow in public now it's like I'm shy:lol

Billy Dee :) That is one smooth sucker. I look so foward to meeting him. I think I'll trade some playa tips with him :D

Jedieb
Mar 1st, 2002, 08:46:34 PM
buff and Billy Dee in the same town for one weekend. The women of Indianapolis will be sore for weeks!;)

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 1st, 2002, 10:58:39 PM
Maybe somebody needs to go warn them :D Jedieb if Christopher Lee is there and they are charging for autographs would you be willing to get me one. If they charge forget it I wouldn't even bother to ask then but if its free and you have time I would be extremely happy if you did:rollin