PDA

View Full Version : I think trailers and Release Dates are releated to the Box Office.

Darth23
Nov 17th, 2001, 03:45:19 AM
But then that's me.

:p

But seriously, it seems like the Star Wars forum can get a little, um, spolier-ey. Even thread titles.

Champion of the Force
Nov 17th, 2001, 03:52:42 AM
It really depends on the direction the subject takes.

For instance, if a thread on the trailer leads into a discussion about what the new SW movie will be like, well then obviously it will be a SW Films topic.

However a thread on the trailer that leads into whether or not the trailer will beef up a boxoffice standing of the film it's attached to, its a Boxoffice topic.

Lovely eh? :)

I personally look at questionable threads with the thoughts of Can this be related to boxoffice discussion or not? If so, I leave it, but if not I move it to SW Films. That's the call I made on Jon's thread just then since it appeared as though the discussion wasn't going to have any boxoffice leanings and was just about Episode II itself.

Make sense? :)

Darth23
Nov 17th, 2001, 07:24:49 AM
All I knwo is that I used to vist here more frequentlym, then several months ago I saw some thread titles with Spolier type speculation. So I made myself scarce here.

And I don't think I'll be here regularly until the movie comes out.

ReaperFett
Nov 17th, 2001, 07:41:59 AM
yeah, I agree. Give it a week, I wont be here. Next trailer appears, Ill pop in, then go again

Champion of the Force
Nov 17th, 2001, 06:48:51 PM
... then several months ago I saw some thread titles with Spolier type speculation
I know what you mean there. Thankfully it seems that most have been careful as of late with their titles and have been posting warnings inside their titles. However if it starts to get a bit awry again the staff might take a bit of action.

The main reason why we've begun to place emphasis on posting Ep. 2 news such as trailer info etc etc in here as opposed to the BO forum was because it was starting to look as though a trend was devloping where posters were beginning to forget about this forum and just post their SW films stuff in the BO forum.

Of course, should this trend have continued to develop the same problem you mentioned above in regards to potential spoiler titles may very well have spread to there.

In the long run I think this will work out the best as it will keep the potential spoiler news solely in this forum, so those who want to avoid it completely can simply avoid this forum. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 17th, 2001, 06:53:06 PM
The thing to with spoilers is put that spoiler code over the spoilers. Now with Titles it should be clear that we are getting into spoilers here. Really though there hasn't been many topics concerning spoilers lately other than the trailers.

Jedieb
Nov 17th, 2001, 08:32:13 PM
The closer we get to AOTC the bigger the problem spoilers will present. More and more information will begin to leak out. Those unafraid of spoilers may casually post spoilers in their titles or threads without even thinking twice. Newbies may be our worst enemy in this regards. I'd hate for a newbie to come by and post a spoiler and then get flamed for doing so. That's a poster we may never see return. I think we may want to consider making an Announcement concerning spoilers in the upcoming weeks. Something that sets guidelines or hints for keeping the forum as spoiler friendly as possible. What do ya think?

Champion of the Force
Nov 17th, 2001, 08:36:21 PM
I think that issue is covered in the FAQ somewhere (though people have to read the FAQ first), but an announcement in the near future probably won't go astray. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 17th, 2001, 09:16:50 PM
I like that idea and maybe we should add spoiler code to the Vb code or at least on the help section because the newbies have no way of knowing it exists.